shape
carat
color
clarity

"I love you" - how long until the words, and how?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
FF, and said it right off the bat. We were friends for months before we began dating, and always said it in the ''I-love-you-like-a-friend'' kind of way. The night we made it official, however, he told me, "It was always more than friendly for me, but I didn''t want to ruin a good thing.." (or something to that effect, anyway).
8½-years later, I fall deeper in love with him, every day.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Around 7.5 or 8 months. Things had been tense for a few weeks and I felt like there was a pink elephant in the room. It was really bugging me. He wasn''t quite opening up all the way and I could tell.

I asked him a couple of times if there was something he wanted to talk about and he said no and then I just said "Well, we need to talk about how we feel about one another." He kinda blew it off and just said that he was enjoying our time together and that given he had been divorced such a short time he thought we were good together.

Then I just layed it on him and told him I loved him, whether he reciprocated or not I just wanted to say it. we got into a long discussion after that about how our relationship hadn''t really been very easy and how we both had tried to just believe it was something casual and then he said that he loved me too.

He''s usually the one that says it first now :)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
It was about 3-4 weeks in. The night before I had my tonsils out.

For the previous two weeks it had kind of been building towards it, as saying "I like you" had started to sound so LAME. It did not describe the way we felt about each other at all. However my last relationship my ex had said it quite early and I didn''t think he really meant it so I was concerned about saying it too early.

It ended up resulting from a miscommunication. I thought he had said it, so I said it back, but he hadn''t really said it, but then decided that he was going to say it back to me anyway! Typical us really.

But after that we both got a bit scared about it and backed off for a few months until one night I said to him that I thought we had said it a bit too early, we weren''t ready, but now I was absolutely 100% sure that I loved him, and he said the same to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results