clarity

I love these

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do too - I remember mesmerized by them when I first saw them in the movie Twister eons ago. There’s a huge metal kinetic sculpture downtown where I live - much simpler, but still set in motion by even a little breeze. It’s a joy to come upon it when I’m driving downtown!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
These are mesmerizing. I've never seen one on real life. Thank you for posting.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love kinetic sculptures!!!!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool! Though I must confess the second sculpture shown in the video reminded me a bit too much of a millipede and had me feeling a bit of the creepy-crawlies.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is an amazon listing for the one that looks like a swimming jelly fish, $39.99.
Apparently it's 13" diameter.
I have no idea whether they are "authentic" or knockoffs.
I'm tempted to order one, but I'd rather YOU order it :Up_to_something: then tell me whether it seems worth the $$$.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is an amazon listing for the one that looks like a swimming jelly fish, $39.99.
Apparently it's 13" diameter.
I have no idea whether they are "authentic" or knockoffs.
I'm tempted to order one, but I'd rather YOU order it :Up_to_something: then tell me whether it seems worth the $$$.

The reviews are horrible otherwise I would have bought one for you @kenny. But unfortunately this is a hard no. ::)

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 6.39.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 6.39.20 AM.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Imagine if they could take these intricate kinetic designs and convert them into functional wind turbines.
It's not practical, no, but how amazing would a field of these be?!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without reading the reviews @kenny I imagine that it would have five hundred zillion pieces that you have to put together. Of course there would be missing parts..and you would probably need a trip to urgent care because you cut yourself trying to assemble it. I’m just trying to make you feel better about not getting it. Haha

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Those are amazing. I spent way too much time on his website.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew! Thanks missy.
You,re so sweet. :kiss2:
Dodged a bullet there!

I'll stick to the free videos of the professional sculptures hand made by the artist.
I bet that video was edited down from hours of video, perhaps catching only the rare the moments of perfect wind speed.
Maybe his originals are rustproof and built to higher standards and tolerances. (lower friction where parts rub).
Perhaps they have to be meticulously oiled in the 18 zillion points where metal rubs on metal.

Maybe they have to be huge to catch enough wind to move well.
But then those would be heavier, so wouldn't that be a wash? :think:
Maybe the ones in his video are made from a very light but expensive metal like titanium, or some alloy that NASA invented.

How very disappointing they bothered trying to market little ones for $39.99.
I wonder if the one who sold out is the artist himself, or someone bootlegging his idea.

I'll bet there would be a small market for top quality ones the artist hand-makes costing $$$$$$$$$$$$$, for the 1% to put on their estates.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without reading the reviews @kenny I imagine that it would have five hundred zillion pieces that you have to put together. Of course there would be missing parts..and you would probably need a trip to urgent care because you cut yourself trying to assemble it. I’m just trying to make you feel better about not getting it. Haha

Thanks for looking out for me MB. ;)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results