shape
carat
color
clarity

I LOVE my STDs!!! Shout Out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the first draft from my invitation designer and I am just BLOWN AWAY!!! This is exactly what I had in mind, and better!!!

I must say that I have not had the best of luck with graphic designers. My most recent experience was a "friend of a GOOD friend" who was going to give me a great deal and design my invites. Well, it turned into a big ol'' mess...and I mean BIG. It involved some name calling and profanity on her end, and it was just all together a BAD experience.

Needless to say, I was very gun shy when I met with this designer. But, I was excited becasue I saw her work and really loved it. Also, she really seemed to understand my ideas and the theme I was going for. She even had me fill out a very detailed questionaire about me, us, our wedding, etc.

So, I have to give a shout out to Cathy at Love at First Invite - she is so talented and amazing!!!

Here it is...the only thing I think I am going to change is to remove the "10" at each end of the banner and replace them with some other detail. Also, the "nidos" on the banner should read "unidos" - an error she caught! The phrase means "Our Hearts United Forever"! If you guys see anything else, let me know.

SL STD edit.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
very cool!!! they look great!! i''d be thrilled too!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Ah... STD = save the date!

Your title had me a bit confused. Please be careful if using the line "I love my STD''s" at work or in public.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Those. Are. Awesome! So unique and individual! I LOVE the aesthetic!

Edited: LOL Treefrog! Before I started working in insurance, STD meant well, what they caution you against when you go on spring break.
9.gif
Then after I started working in insurance it meant Short Term Disability, and now that I'm engaged, it totally means Save The Date!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 2:34:27 PM
Author: treefrog

Your title had me a bit confused. Please be careful if using the line ''I love my STD''s'' at work or in public.
9.gif

They look great!!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 4:25:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 9/21/2009 2:34:27 PM

Your title had me a bit confused. Please be careful if using the line ''I love my STD''s'' at work or in public.
9.gif

They look great!!!!
I am soooooo LOL right now!!!!! My friend brought this to my attention a bit ago...I had forwarded them to her with subject line "My STDs!!" Seriously, I have been so wedding-focused that I didn''t even realize it. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I can''t stop cracking up about this!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes... sounds like my warning was a bit too late.

I''ve heard of "save the date''s" before but never put an acronym to it. I saw your message title and thought it was going to be either:
1) A great joke
2) Somebody that has a doctor that is less then truthful
3) Somebody with a nasty problem and a very warped sense of humor.

My curiosity got the best of me and when I realized you really did have a "nice STD", I realized I should probably caution you before you ran around the office offering to show people your new STD''s.
32.gif
23.gif

Never thought of short term disability. I bet that makes for some interesting phone calls too! At least people can cancel that if they no longer want it!

Treefrog

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 4:45:27 PM

I''ve heard of ''save the date''s'' before but never put an acronym to it. I saw your message title and thought it was going to be either:
1) A great joke

My curiosity got the best of me and when I realized you really did have a ''nice STD'', I realized I should probably caution you before you ran around the office offering to show people your new STD''s.
32.gif
23.gif

Never thought of short term disability. I bet that makes for some interesting phone calls too! At least people can cancel that if they no longer want it!

Treefrog
My first day of work as a super super green insurance gal my boss asked me "did you get the STD?" And I just looked at him like a deer in headlights.
23.gif

We both stared at each other awkwardly for a few seconds and then he said "oh...uh...short term disability." I was so embarrassed.

Rock_of_Love I have now spent about 20 minutes at work not working and looking at that Love at First Invite site, it''s really great!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Is it odd that I just love where this thread is going?!? I can''t stop cracking up!!!

Don''t worry, treefrog - no work/office emails...only to a good friend!! Hee hee!

ts44 - that is a great story!! I can just picture it! And, I''m so glad you are checking out her site. I can''t tell you how happy I am with her work...and, she is VERY reasonably priced!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 5:16:58 PM
Author: ts44
Date: 9/21/2009 4:45:27 PM

I''ve heard of ''save the date''s'' before but never put an acronym to it. I saw your message title and thought it was going to be either:

1) A great joke

My curiosity got the best of me and when I realized you really did have a ''nice STD'', I realized I should probably caution you before you ran around the office offering to show people your new STD''s.
32.gif
23.gif

Treefrog

My first day of work as a super super green insurance gal my boss asked me ''did you get the STD?'' And I just looked at him like a deer in headlights.
23.gif

We both stared at each other awkwardly for a few seconds and then he said ''oh...uh...short term disability.'' I was so embarrassed.

Rock_of_Love I have now spent about 20 minutes at work not working and looking at that Love at First Invite site, it''s really great!

treefrog and ts44 you guys just made me laugh out loud. Literally. And my officemate...because I had to show her this thread once you had me in stitches!

PS: Rock of Love, those STDs are FABULOUS!!!
9.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very unique. Look like like a royal theme a bit.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 5:46:45 PM
Author: vc10um

treefrog and ts44 you guys just made me laugh out loud. Literally. And my officemate...because I had to show her this thread once you had me in stitches!

9.gif
Please don''t egg me on!

Rock of Love to friend:
So of all the STD''s I''ve given you, which one do you like best?
Friend:
29.gif

Rock of Love to significant other:
Hi honey. I got a new STD today from that place I was telling you about.
Significant other:
6.gif

Rock of Love to mother:
Hi mom! I just got a new STD. You just have to come over and see it for yourself.
Mom:
32.gif

Ok... seriously... make me stop. Silly frog. Rock of Love - I''m so sorry -- you err... really do have one of the nicer STD''s out there and although I can''t read it, unless you''re getting married 10/10/10 I see no use for the 10''s (pretty cool if you are though).

Treefrog

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 9:35:32 PM

Date: 9/21/2009 5:46:45 PM
Author: vc10um

9.gif
Please don''t egg me on!

Rock of Love to friend:
So of all the STD''s I''ve given you, which one do you like best?
Friend:
29.gif

Rock of Love to significant other:
Hi honey. I got a new STD today from that place I was telling you about.
Significant other:
6.gif

Rock of Love to mother:
Hi mom! I just got a new STD. You just have to come over and see it for yourself.
Mom:
32.gif

Ok... seriously... make me stop. Silly frog. Rock of Love - I''m so sorry -- you err... really do have one of the nicer STD''s out there and although I can''t read it, unless you''re getting married 10/10/10 I see no use for the 10''s (pretty cool if you are though).

Treefrog
LOL Treefrog!!!!!!

I think Rock of Love IS getting married on the 10/10/10
2.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
LMAO treefrog!!!! You are too funny!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i, for one, LOVE your STD''s, and the spanish style is just fabulous. i see so much flair and personality in them- yay!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 10:46:16 PM
Author: cindygenit

I think Rock of Love IS getting married on the 10/10/10
2.gif
Ok... that is very cool then! So - keeping the 101010 and getting rid of the ones at each end of the banner. Makes sense now. Not many opportunities like that leftafter that. 11/11/11 and 12/12/12. It''s going to be a long time before this happens again!

Treefrog

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
OOOoooohhh!! Awesome! I love them!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry if this has already been covered...but are you sure everyone is going to understand the 101010 (that that is the
date to save?) I''m mostly concerned with older people who are not familiar with STDs. I can tell you my MIL would never get this because it doesnt really look like a date. It just looks like 3 10s in a row. Maybe you need to put
some kind of dots or something between the 10s. Also, if it were me, just to make sure everyone understood I would put Oct 10, 2010 in small print somewhere.

Otherwise, I love the look of them! Very grand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results