shape
carat
color
clarity

I Love My Governor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, maybe not always.......but...

He just signed a bill to make up the pay difference between the reservist salary & state salary.

I would encourage private industry to do the same.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Im glad to hear that! They sure take a pay cut to go over and risk their lives and then also have to worry about if the bills are being paid back here.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Military Pay

This Airman's response to the Washington Times should be printed in all newspapers across America. Especially now when the
President is calling up more Reserves and National Guardsmen. Get this response out to everyone you know. It's time the Jane
Fonda's & Sean Penn's of this country wise up and support the troops that defend the country.

Military pay article On 12 Nov, Ms Cindy Williams (from Laverne and Shirley TV show) wrote a piece for the Washington Times,
denouncing the pay raise(s) coming service members' way this year -- citing that the stated 13% wage was more than they deserve.
A young airman from Hill AFB responds to her article below. He ought to get a bonus for this! "Ms Williams: I just had the pleasure
of reading your column, "Our GIs earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is
going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my
bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes. After taxes, I take home $874.20.
When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40 after. I work in
the Air Force Network Control Center where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000-host computer network. I am involved with
infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for Network Technicians in the
Washington, D.C. area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years experience with my job. Amazingly, this job does
NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum. I'm sure you can draw the obvious
conclusions. Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you have NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in her
armed forces. Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the
families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC, and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers
headed for AFGANISTAN, I leave the choice of service branch up to you. Whatever choice you make, though, opt for the SIX month
rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment
experience." As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to
their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the
primary breadwinner is gone -- obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them. Try
to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a
foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night; and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you
for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE (meal-ready-to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese
tortellini, and add Tabasco to everything. This gives some flavor. Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't nearly
be long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it. You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree
with most of the points you present in your op-ed piece. But, tomorrow from KABUL, I will defend to the death, your right to say it.
You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment rights and every other right you cherish. On a daily
basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective nose at us, all on a
salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and
brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies. And you, Ms Williams, have the
gall to say that we make more than we deserve? Rubbish!

A1C Michael Bragg, Hill AFB AFNCC"

IF YOU AGREE, PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AND SHOW OUR SUPPORT OF THE
AMERICAN FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN. THANK YOU. THIS LETTER SHOULD BE APPLAUDED BY ANYONE WHO'S EVER
SERVED OR HAD A FAMILY MEMBER SERVE IN THE ARMED FORCES! THIS YOUNG MAN DESERVES A MEDAL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results