shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my danburite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures don''t do them justice!

digital pics 494.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
they refract pretty well I just don''t know how to capture it

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
here a pic with the sapphires

digital pics 501.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that first picture is particularly fantastic!!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
They are gorgeous!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is danburite and where do they come from?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, those are going to be amazing earrings!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
This type of Danburite comes from Mexico, it can also be found in Conneticut.! Also Burma I believe....

It is a good diamond substitute, because it refracts better than white sapphires, or possible white zircon

They were really inexpensive $56 for the pair

I wasn''t excepting much either SDL!! But i likey! ;-)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your earring are going to be amazing!!!!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Where did you buy those??? I gotta get me a pair! Beautiful!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, those are going to make a fabulous pair of earrings!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Wow, those are gorgeous. I never heard of that stone before either. Can''t wait to see your finished earrings. They are going to be beaauuuuuuuuuuutiful !!!!!

Linda

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
So yummy--I can''t wait to see those as earrings! Congrats again on your engagement, and what a fantastic birthday present those earrings will be!

jeffwhite

Rough_Rock
They look great! Danburite is one of the most under-appreciated gems out there (which some of you might be getting tired of hearing me say by now
2.gif
). It is a durable stone and produces a gem with excellent visual "excitement." Not quite sure why it has never really made it into the mainstream. Oh well, that just means those in the know can get one at a bargain... Congrats on your new treasures!!!

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/20/2007 2:06:26 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Danburite is a mineral named for Danbury, CT, where it was first noted. It''s 7.5 hardness on Mohs'' scale, the same as quartz, and it cuts very bright stones that are often mistaken for diamonds -- at least that''s the response I get to my Danburites at gem shows. Most is colorless to very pale pink but some is found in saturated pink, wine, yellow, and brown. It''s been found in Burma, Japan, Madagascar, Russia, the U.S. and Mexico, where most currently is mined.

I just purchased a good supply of white Danburite rough from the mine in Mexico and received a few stones back from the cutter last month. The mine''s production is nearing an end, according to my reliable supplier. But maybe new sources will go into production -- that''s what makes the colored stone business interesting.

Richard M.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them too! gorgeous

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Those are so pretty. How long until the project is done?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 9:29:25 PM
Author: Richard M.
Date: 4/20/2007 2:06:26 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Danburite is a mineral named for Danbury, CT, where it was first noted. It''s 7.5 hardness on Mohs'' scale, the same as quartz, and it cuts very bright stones that are often mistaken for diamonds -- at least that''s the response I get to my Danburites at gem shows. Most is colorless to very pale pink but some is found in saturated pink, wine, yellow, and brown. It''s been found in Burma, Japan, Madagascar, Russia, the U.S. and Mexico, where most currently is mined.

I just purchased a good supply of white Danburite rough from the mine in Mexico and received a few stones back from the cutter last month. The mine''s production is nearing an end, according to my reliable supplier. But maybe new sources will go into production -- that''s what makes the colored stone business interesting.

Richard M.

Okay. Now I REALLY want some. And it''s a guilt free affordable reward for my new job.

Where do we get''em folks????

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
scrolled old posts and figured it out. THANKS!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!! those are going to be some spectacular earrings.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results