shape
carat
color
clarity

I know it''s probably too late for me to be here but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katherinegabel

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking here for a while now, and I just wanted to say that you guys have helped me sooo much! here''s my story-
My fiancee (or whatever) and I have been together for a little over 2 years. Last year we decided to run off and get married. We never told anyone, and decided that it would just be our little secret. I thought I was fine with it, but it really started to bother me that no one knew. It drove me crazy every time someone called me his "girlfriend" and I really hated the thought that no one else knew that we were serious about each other or that we had made this commitment. I spent quite a bit of time here reading what you girls had to say. Anyways, in January he decided that we should tell everyone that we were "engaged" and we started looking at rings. I finally picked mine up earlier today and I''m so excited to start planning our vow renewal/wedding. We still haven''t told anyone (except for you guys now!), and don''t really plan to. I just wanted to say a big THANKYOU to all you guys. I know my situation wasn''t the same as most of yours, but it really helped to be able to hear that so many other people were going through similar things. You guys are amazing, and I really do wish the best for all of you!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Cool story Katherine! Cheers, and all the best!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wow... your LIW sitch mega sucks.

YOU ARE A LADY IN WAITING TO ANNOUNCE HER MARRIAGE!

You are a much stronger woman than I am. I would have drained his account (now mine
11.gif
) and bought myself a ring and said... what? what''s mine is yours... right? and told everyone we are married. You have an inner strength of a warrior... and I admire that of you.

Best wishes!
35.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think thats a cool little secret you have. It must be hard tho with like special occasions, and events being called the girlfriend. Heck I''m the girlfriend and I hate being called the girlfriend.
Anyways good luck with everything and keep us posted.

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
I actually think your story is so cute! But I can imagine it driving you nuts when others call you his "girlfriend" when you are really his wife! SO and I actually thought about skipping all the traditional stuff and just run off somewhere to get married... but of course, it was just a spontaneous thought and we don''t think we can ever pull it off.

In any case, CONGRATS! You have so much to be excited about
36.gif

traceyjane

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:30:12 AM
Author:katherinegabel
I''ve been lurking here for a while now, and I just wanted to say that you guys have helped me sooo much! here''s my story-
My fiancee (or whatever) and I have been together for a little over 2 years. Last year we decided to run off and get married. We never told anyone, and decided that it would just be our little secret. I thought I was fine with it, but it really started to bother me that no one knew. It drove me crazy every time someone called me his ''girlfriend'' and I really hated the thought that no one else knew that we were serious about each other or that we had made this commitment. I spent quite a bit of time here reading what you girls had to say. Anyways, in January he decided that we should tell everyone that we were ''engaged'' and we started looking at rings. I finally picked mine up earlier today and I''m so excited to start planning our vow renewal/wedding. We still haven''t told anyone (except for you guys now!), and don''t really plan to. I just wanted to say a big THANKYOU to all you guys. I know my situation wasn''t the same as most of yours, but it really helped to be able to hear that so many other people were going through similar things. You guys are amazing, and I really do wish the best for all of you!
Hi Katherine this is my first time on the forum and I was just going to introduce myself, but I came across your story. Running off to get married sounds fantastic, but I can understand why you needed people to know. My fiance is taking us to Venice to propose properly. I can''t wait - it should be really romantic and I''m soooo excited I can hardly wait!! But everybody knows about it so it''s quite different from your case. Anyway, you''ll be having 2 weddings you lucky thing - the rest of us only get one.
TraceyJane

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your re-engagement katherine
36.gif
would love to see ring pics!!

and welcome traceyjane
35.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an interesting situation you''re in! I could see myself smirking a lot just after running off to get married, but would probably quickly feel the same frustration at no one knowing. Glad you are moving towards things being out in the open--are you going to tell anyone that it''ll be a vow renewal or will you let them all think they are at the real wedding?

Also, what sort of ring are you looking at for your engagement ring?
31.gif

katherinegabel

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for being so nice to me! lol I half expected to get flagged and have my post removed as "off topic". We don''t plan on telling anyone that we''re already married. He''s actually a little afraid of his family getting upset that they weren''t invited. I was wondering what you girls thought of that- do you think anyone would take offense? It would mostly be his sister. She''s lovely but can be a little dramatic and jealous sometimes. Plus some of my family is quite religious and he was worried that they wouldn''t approve of us not getting married in a church. I honestly don''t care what people would think!! But maybe that''s just me.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:05:06 PM
Author: katherinegabel
Thank you all for being so nice to me! lol I half expected to get flagged and have my post removed as ''off topic''. We don''t plan on telling anyone that we''re already married. He''s actually a little afraid of his family getting upset that they weren''t invited. I was wondering what you girls thought of that- do you think anyone would take offense? It would mostly be his sister. She''s lovely but can be a little dramatic and jealous sometimes. Plus some of my family is quite religious and he was worried that they wouldn''t approve of us not getting married in a church. I honestly don''t care what people would think!! But maybe that''s just me.
What?? NEVER!!! I loved reading your story! I don''t know how you''ve been able to bite your tongue and keep your marriage a secret, but a big CONGRATULATIONS on the re-engagement.
9.gif

Also, you shouldn''t care what people think! It''s your lives. You''re grown adults who can make their own decisions. And this is about the two of YOU celebrating YOUR love for each other...
36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What an interesting story! Well, belated congratulations on your marriage and a big "yippee" to your (almost) engagement!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results