shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't bear to make this a thread, but something awful just happened. My husband lost his job because of the pandemic. He's 61 and there are no jobs out there. I don't know what's going to happen to us, honestly. He's not going to get much severance because he was only there 2 years. We are not able to have him retire right now. All I can do is cry. Thanks.

I’m so sorry @lyra I wish I could give you a hug..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@redwood66 I‘m so happy you spoke to your son! TG he‘s safe on our soil now. I know you are a happy mom!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , We can all see you doing a happy dance!!!! I’m so happy for you. This news put a big smile on my face too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a text message from my son. He is back in the US and supposed to call me tonight. I have not actually heard his voice in nearly a year. So excited!

Wonderful news @redwood66! Puts everything in perspective. When our loved ones are safe anything seems possible and fixable. Sending you and your son well wishes. Thank you to him for all he has done for our country!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I am so happy for you that you spoke to your son and he is safe and sound on US soil again. Thank you and a heartfelt thanks to him for his service. ❤

@redwood66 I‘m so happy you spoke to your son! TG he‘s safe on our soil now. I know you are a happy mom!

@redwood66 , We can all see you doing a happy dance!!!! I’m so happy for you. This news put a big smile on my face too.

Wonderful news @redwood66! Puts everything in perspective. When our loved ones are safe anything seems possible and fixable. Sending you and your son well wishes. Thank you to him for all he has done for our country!

Thank you. It was so nice to hear him after all this time. Their birthday is the 12th and the other one hasn't left yet so we're hoping to have a good dinner and some celebration.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My poor contractors... They just found the yellow jacket nest I have been searching for and had pest control out to spray for twice. Hard when they live in the ground and are not very active this time of year. (Two guys in bee suits coming to address shortly. Contractors recovering and grabbing a load of gravel to work out front instead.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Amazon driver just went pee on the side of the road beside his van. We are NOT rural. Cars driving around. People home....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Amazon driver just went pee on the side of the road beside his van. We are NOT rural. Cars driving around. People home....

Not a pleasant vision, sorry. I have wondered where UPS/USPS/Fed Ex drivers go to the bathroom. If they are driving around for hours where do they go when they have to go?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This day looks brighter than the last couple of days!! Cross your fingers everyone!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a pleasant vision, sorry. I have wondered where UPS/USPS/Fed Ex drivers go to the bathroom. If they are driving around for hours where do they go when they have to go?

They usually stop by the gas station or small market down the street. Amazon has several stores with lockers within 2 miles of us so they stop there. Usually not much of an issue in this area as there is so much so close.

This particular driver ended up being stuck. His van was broken down. I don't think.he was there long when I saw him, but he was stuck sitting there for a couple of hours after.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That reminds me of a couple of the buildings I used to make deliveries in. I usually would get through with the building, load anything left into the van, and then have a restroom break. I started swapping to the restroom break first (whether I needed to or not) after the elevator got stuck with people in it for a few hours and no one was surprised because those buildings routinely had that happen.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a quearion im going tp bury in here
what is the best place to start a thread about politicans and famouse people with pearls
i am inspired by Karmara Harris - i thought we had a thread but i can't find it
I also loved Mrs Thatcher's pearls
Do you think that would be ok ?
Also id love tp include faux pearls for Barbara Bush but the i dont think faux are allowed in the pearl forum and pearls are only allowed in pearls
????

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I have a quearion im going tp bury in here
what is the best place to start a thread about politicans and famouse people with pearls
i am inspired by Karmara Harris - i thought we had a thread but i can't find it
I also loved Mrs Thatcher's pearls
Do you think that would be ok ?
Also id love tp include faux pearls for Barbara Bush but the i dont think faux are allowed in the pearl forum and pearls are only allowed in pearls
????

these are the two recent threads about public women and their pearls

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2020: The gift that never stops giving. @lyra I’m SO sorry. Huge ::HUGS:: to you and DH.

I wish I had something useful to say. In terms of your ring - your stone is quite large, if I recall correctly? And you’ve got a branded setting? I wouldn’t unset for GIA - between unsetting and resetting, two rounds of shipping, and grading, the cost will add up fast IMO. A good appraisal with clear face-up photos will be much much more cost effective! Maybe post in RT asking for appraiser recs in your area of Canada?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
these are the two recent threads about public women and their pearls

Thank you
i just could not find her

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Found a new drink I like.....
Vanilla & Cream seltzer water (from Wal-mart) and Peach Vodka. It's delicious....I'm a lightweight and a picky drinker (as in if it tastes like koolaid and not alcohol there's a chance I'll like it) :lol::lol::lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to find internet service that will work and be good. In order to make sure we are covered (they have limited slots), I just ordered internet for a house we haven't bought yet :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I managed to find internet service that will work and be good. In order to make sure we are covered (they have limited slots), I just ordered internet for a house we haven't bought yet :lol:

Congratulation! Hurry and buy it! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wrote about my platinum post breaking at the bottom notch of one of my studs.. They were .03 which were very thin. TG it happened in my house. I didn’t want the hassle of worrying about sending them through the mail to David..I decided to take them to a popular jeweler in the center of a town. I picked them up today. I actually louped them to make sure they were mine and they didn’t get chipped, etc. I was a wreck after dropping them off. They charged me $519! I think that’s crazy considering they are not hand made. They are Stuller platinum posts with Protecktor backs... .04...Please tell me I wasn‘t ripped off. I should have sent them to David Klass to make me new settings...:wall:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a screenshot from our first grader’s math lesson, it is supposed to say carrot :lol-2:
Maybe whoever put the lesson together had jewelry on the brain. 23CC8D04-9361-439C-93AA-C2F793E31466.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote about my platinum post breaking at the bottom notch of one of my studs.. They were .03 which were very thin. TG it happened in my house. I didn’t want the hassle of worrying about sending them through the mail to David..I decided to take them to a popular jeweler in the center of a town. I picked them up today. I actually louped them to make sure they were mine and they didn’t get chipped, etc. I was a wreck after dropping them off. They charged me $519! I think that’s crazy considering they are not hand made. They are Stuller platinum posts with Protecktor backs... .04...Please tell me I wasn‘t ripped off. I should have sent them to David Klass to make me new settings...:wall:

Wow! That seems steep. The jeweler I use locally replaced the broken clasp on a double strand of fake pearls (my grandmother gave them to me and they were gorgeous. Even the jeweler had a hard time telling they weren't real!) and completely restrung and knotted them for less than that. The clasp is a beautiful 14kt gold thing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulation! Hurry and buy it! Haha

We are meeting at our current house with the people buying this one and our realtor. He will write up their offer to buy this one and our offer to buy that one. We'll accept their offer (barring it being way off base, which I don't expect) and immediately send our offer to buy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results