shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, I hardly ever read this thread but for some reason opened it and was drawn straight to your post with the kettlebells. Omg, I laughed so hard! Do you write anywhere else? Because I would love to read more. Highly entertaining!!! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Pintobean, that is funny - I like how your Discovery card office was thinking..."this is so out of character for you"!! lol

My MasterCard was compromised about 2 weeks ago. Apparently, while I live in Eastern Ontario, my credit card was busy in Detroit Michigan buying about $600 worth of gas for someone and all of their friends! The rep on the phone verified who I was, where I worked, blah blah blah (all the typical security questions) and asked if I had been at work all morning. Yes, I have...? and asked "are you sure you didn't just go to Detroit for gas"??? WTH??? I can get gas at a corner station HERE, I don't need to drive across the province for gas :shock:

We both laughed and I have a new card, while those charges have been reversed, but it makes me wonder, how can you buy anything in a retail location without the actual card? Clearly, I do not have enough expertise in frauds and scams!! ;))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1456515816|3996180 said:
Oh Pintobean, that is funny - I like how your Discovery card office was thinking..."this is so out of character for you"!! lol

My MasterCard was compromised about 2 weeks ago. Apparently, while I live in Eastern Ontario, my credit card was busy in Detroit Michigan buying about $600 worth of gas for someone and all of their friends! The rep on the phone verified who I was, where I worked, blah blah blah (all the typical security questions) and asked if I had been at work all morning. Yes, I have...? and asked "are you sure you didn't just go to Detroit for gas"??? WTH??? I can get gas at a corner station HERE, I don't need to drive across the province for gas :shock:

We both laughed and I have a new card, while those charges have been reversed, but it makes me wonder, how can you buy anything in a retail location without the actual card? Clearly, I do not have enough expertise in frauds and scams!! ;))
Enerchi! I've missed you on PS! :wavey:
Maybe the exchange rate was SO MUCH in your favor that you and your friends decided that a road trip to Detroit for gas was warranted HAHAHAHAHA! And can you imagine crossing the border with all these canisters of gas? I promise, sir/madam, we aren't up to no good. We're not trying to commit arson. Scout's honor! We're being frugal so we have extra $$ for our diamonds!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still :bigsmile: myself because it's so absurd!

When I called my husband to tell him, I started off the phone call with "please don't laugh at what I'm going to tell you. I'm so embarrassed!" He didn't laugh at all, but you could HEAR the big cheese on his face :bigsmile: and he was nice enough to ask me if I'm ok. I said yeah... Besides Dunkin Donuts dot com, the thief also bought stuff from a shop in Amsterdam (mebbe he was getting something that would give him the munchies - hence the $50 from Dunkin D's?!?!?!) - $200 worth, and from another vendor that seems to sell workout clothes - about $150 worth of stuff. I guess they're motivated to keep a balanced lifestyle? Or maybe $50 worth of stuff from Dunkin D's is such an effort it requires workout clothes when you plow through it?

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this (truly!) - I know it's a complete PITA!!

But oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing! It's... cosmic judgment finding you wanting - over doughnuts, of all things :bigsmile:

I can see the story in my head: some Dunkin coffee to combat the Amsterdam-product-induced sluggishness, working off the doughnuts...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie said:
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this (truly!) - I know it's a complete PITA!!
But oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing! It's... cosmic judgment finding you wanting - over doughnuts, of all things :bigsmile:
I can see the story in my head: some Dunkin coffee to combat the Amsterdam-product-induced sluggishness, working off the doughnuts...
Yssie :-o what kinda alarms me (about my purchasing habits) is that when the agent and I were discussing potentially suspicious activity, the agent asked me about a $37 overstock dot com purchase on 2/22 (yes, that's mine!), but the James Allen diamond band purchase that posted on 2/22 - crickets... Besides falling into the period of suspicious activity, it''s the biggest purchase since the last statement! :errrr: :errrr: :lol: :lol: :lol: What does it say about me when discover doesn't question that?!?!?! Clearly, my diamond consumption outweighs my donut consumption :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wall: :wall: :wall:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tested tonight and I promoted to High Green in Taekwondo. My test didn't go as well as I'd hoped.. I passed-she had it all typed out for me, knowing I would pass, but it's just the idea that I thought I would do well, and I got stuck a few times..the kids had their Brown/Black belt class after regular class so I sat out in the squad car w/JD for 45 minutes and had a vent session about how embarrassing and disappointing it is to not hit where your personal standard is.

So, anyway, I'm High Green, London is 1st Temporary Brown and Trapper is 3rd Permanent Brown. London doesn't have much longer before she will be testing for her temporary and then her permanent black belts! I think she will be about 13 when she gets her black belt, and Trapper will be 11 or so.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1456804206|3997698 said:
Tested tonight and I promoted to High Green in Taekwondo. My test didn't go as well as I'd hoped.. I passed-she had it all typed out for me, knowing I would pass, but it's just the idea that I thought I would do well, and I got stuck a few times..the kids had their Brown/Black belt class after regular class so I sat out in the squad car w/JD for 45 minutes and had a vent session about how embarrassing and disappointing it is to not hit where your personal standard is.

So, anyway, I'm High Green, London is 1st Temporary Brown and Trapper is 3rd Permanent Brown. London doesn't have much longer before she will be testing for her temporary and then her permanent black belts! I think she will be about 13 when she gets her black belt, and Trapper will be 11 or so.
Woohoo! congratulations packrat! The important thing is that you pushed through, despite getting stuck a few times!

I try to wear earrings once a month nowadays to keep the piercings from closing. The less I go out over time,the less often I put them on. Last Saturday, I had to get thicker posts into my ears. The right piercing was a struggle. I gave my lobes a few days off, but something told me to get some earrings in today. Well... the left one was a little tight, but the stud made it through. The right one, nope, half way. The back closed. WTF? I got it in, there's a little blood. I dabbed some lavender oil on the backs of my ears. :(

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1456804206|3997698 said:

Even if you didn't achieve your personal standard, you are still doing it. You are still capable of achieving your standard. You are a total badass in my book. I admire the fact that you a stretching yourself. Taekwondo sounds like such a great way to become more confident, both mentally and in one's own body. You are an inspiration Packrat.

:appl: :appl: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new travel sized jewelry case came - a cream colored Wolf Caroline. My only complaint - my rings are too tall for the ring holders, BUT now I can keep my earrings organized! I got it off of overstock - cheaper than Nordstrom and the wolf website!

wolfcaroline.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pinto and HC! Had an awesome class tonight-there were only five of us and I love when it's a small class. A brown belt led class b/c we had a new student come, and he had us work w/the kick pads. It's only the second time I've done it but I tell you what it is SO MUCH FUN! You really can feel your power when you kick a target-it's awesome.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTF?????!!!

My MIL got her center stone set in an upgraded halo. I'm miffed I wasn't included in the diamond journey since I'm slightly obsessed, but I was curious about this brick and mortar they often go to. So I call them... ERMAGHERD! The shit I just heard.
1.) What is handforged? You only do that for steel and swords.
2.) pave is perfect in cad/cam
3.) platinum is horrible. platinum warps. Platinum only comes in 5% IRidium 95% platinum blend.
4.) can't make a ring by cast with two different kinds of metals - hahaha... my AV is yellow gold bezel, platinum halo
5.) $300 for a CAD setup. ONE REVISION and by experience it's all that is needed. Probably additional $50 for each revision.

I guess I was asking for this... :wall: I read recently that if you spend an hour a day reading up on your industry you will become an expert. Why can't this B&M do that?

It's beautiful and she's happy with it, so that's all that counts :appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohmygosh.....I just bid and won a Featherweight sewing machine.... :o Pictures look great, seller has 100% rating (over 13,000 rating), and return policy, AND has an example of the sewing.....I will post pictures when I get it. :D I'm a bit excited. I knew I wanted to buy myself something for my birthday and it was this or a colored stone ring. Two years ago I purchased a Diamond & Sapphire bezel band and I don't wear it as much as I thought (still love it, not anything against DZ, they were great!). I couldn't find what I really wanted, for the amount I was willing to spend...so....A vintage machine (manufactured in Aug 1940, well before BOTH of my parents were born)is what I'm getting. Since today is my birthday, I thought it fitting that I won the auction today vs the one that's later in the week. ;-) I just wanted to share since most people in my circle won't understand, however I know that PS'ers are awesome and supportive for crazy type purchases. :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's great Cozystitches! :appl: I'm very excited for you - would you mind posting a pic of it when you get it? I love vintage items and I'd love to see it. Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day, and I'm glad you have this present to look forward to!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Recently I was asked what I thought about a dude wearing women's jewelry. I told him it was tacky and looked like Avon exploded all over him. Now people say they value my honesty, including him, but he wasn't appreciative at all. Nouveau riche "style"... Is there anything more repugnant? I should have prefaced this with I am not straight lol!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soberguy|1457323368|4000849 said:
Recently I was asked what I thought about a dude wearing women's jewelry. I told him it was tacky and looked like Avon exploded all over him. Now people say they value my honesty, including him, but he wasn't appreciative at all. Nouveau riche "style"... Is there anything more repugnant? I should have prefaced this with I am not straight lol!!!
This just made me :lol: :lol: :lol: . Where I live, nouveau riche wear as many designer brands as they can at once, but always go for the clothing and accessories that display the brands overtly. Maybe the more appropriate term should be nouveau "middle class" nowadays lolol...

cozystitches! I love vintage sewing machines - I learned on one! When I was in college, an apartmentmate of mine brought up an old sewing machine from home. She and her friends would play as kids with the sewing machine in her barn! I bought a pajama bottom pattern and proceeded to sew half a dozen pairs of PJs. :lol: :lol: :lol: When I got home and played with my mom's newer sewing machine, I didn't like how "light" the modern ones feel compared to the vintage ones. This is a very exciting purchase, cozystitches!!! i can't wait to see pics and to see what you make!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Posting here because I can't find the rage of the day thread.

I picked up my snazzy new car last week and have been loving it. It was sunny yesterday so I let DH drive it so he can keep the top down.

This is what I find in the garage this morning. Dented sad car.

He has no idea how it happened. Had the audacity to ask me if I hit something.

Grrrrr.

img_20160308_090052.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd! :-o :errrr: :nono: ;(
I AM SOOOOOOO... SORRY this happened to your new car, chemgirl!!

Once upon a time, I had my first new car. It had only been a week. It snowed. Snowplow slid into it, knocked off the side view mirror, pushed the windshield wiper through the windshield, which also left some damage to the dashboard. There was other damage, but I can't remember it all now. My fave - when I got into the car and sat down in the driver's seat to survey the damage, the police officer had rolled up the report and inserted it through the hole in the windshield (you couldn't see it from the outside because of the layer of snow on the car). Awesome. It was only body damage, which in retrospect is ok, but man, it was flipping devastating back then!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no chemgirl!!! ;( I am so sorry, bad enough for this to happen but to a brand new car no less! Hoping you can get this repaired quickly and your pretty car is restored soon!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I am calming down and DH, while not admitting guilt, has offered to pay to fix it.

I think I was mostly upset that he somehow didn't notice that. To me it's pretty obvious.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1457451167|4001529 said:
Posting here because I can't find the rage of the day thread.

I picked up my snazzy new car last week and have been loving it. It was sunny yesterday so I let DH drive it so he can keep the top down.

This is what I find in the garage this morning. Dented sad car.

He has no idea how it happened. Had the audacity to ask me if I hit something.

Grrrrr.

WHAAAT? :-o

I'm so sorry chemgirl - I hope you're able to get your brand new car restored to brand new without great cost to you... :(sad

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1457453938|4001555 said:
Thanks! I am calming down and DH, while not admitting guilt, has offered to pay to fix it.

I think I was mostly upset that he somehow didn't notice that. To me it's pretty obvious.
Confession - this is why I adopt FEMALE kitties, because ONE male mind in the household is ENOUGH!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, so sorry Chemgirl...that's just awful. Could someone have hit it while it was parked? If he always approached the car
from the drivers side he might not ever see it. Still just awful... ;(

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1457476595|4001773 said:
Ugh, so sorry Chemgirl...that's just awful. Could someone have hit it while it was parked? If he always approached the car
from the drivers side he might not ever see it. Still just awful... ;(

This is what we think happened. We went in last night to report it at a hit and run.

DH is still gets a bit of an eye roll from me because our driveway and garage are to the left side of the house. He had to walk right past it a few times taking out garbage etc

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I may live to regret this, but--or son moved out more than a year ago into a condo with no roommates. He has a job in finance and has been bitching about money problems but we are not going to give him because that wouldn't teach him how to adult. He has to learn priorities {and I don't think 3 evening hockey teams are necessary, but he never asked me. That sport is EXPENSIVE}.

However, I want to repaint my bedroom. So I offered him money to prep and paint. I sort of expected him to decline, as he is like my husband {allergic to household chores}, but he enthusiastically agreed to it. Money does talk!

All I have to do is go pick out the paint. I'm going rose blush, cream and light sage.

Here's hoping we are still speaking to each other during and after!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Houston, we need more sorting trays.

And more wine...

image_513.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite corner store. It always has words of wisdom ..

12065643_10102622621467355_8462071931353556549_n.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that corner store rocks!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, right, Pinto Bean? :lol: I love driving by and seeing what wacky sign they've got up. Sadly I only get to see them when visiting the in-laws.

526386_10152513435100386_1506192772_n.jpg 1004795_10153015822730386_1406673892_n.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :D

That would be something to look forward to on the daily drive to work!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd! this store is a gem!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

urgh... The living room, 2nd floor, has a V-shaped ceiling. It was raining and howling last night. I'm watching tv, I hear strange tapping sounds every so often (from the storm), so I happen to look up at the ceiling, and see what looks like this round shadow - grapefruit sized. so Now i'm hoping it's just a shadow. i'm turning more lights on. Nope - it's not a shadow. It's a faint stain. :errrr: What does DH do? nothing. I ask him to grab a step ladder and feel the ceiling for me. It all feels cold he says. I ask him if the stain is puffing. no. I ask him this morning what his game plan is. Nothing, well, maybe Paint over it. WHAT??? then what will the roofer have to look at? Why do I have to do everything? :roll: Why doesn't he have common sense? He did say the other day, "thank god you work at home to field all the house stuff."

I fired off an e-mail to the property manager. Our HOA dues covers roof leakage - phew. I'm also going to ask an independent guy to come check it out - so I can have two quotes, if possible. My beautiful walls - just painted last spring ;( I'm just going to pretend that I had a pissing racoon on my roof because I'm more forgiving if it's the act of an animal :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results