shape
carat
color
clarity

I just read that Brad and Angelina filed for divorce

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes! I thought they would always be together.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: If Brad and Angie can't make it, who can? Bwahahahahaha!!

I read a bio of Angelina a few years ago. It pretty much said Brad is the one who is home with the kids while Angie is making movies or out promoting her 'brand' and charities. It said Brad loves order and Angie likes chaos and so chaos it is at the Pitt-Jolie maison.

I loved a quip I read attributed to Jennifer Anniston when she realized Brad was out the door: Now can I have a comfortable couch?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
If anyone thinks a Hollywood marriage like this can last, they are deluding themselves. :roll: I, for one, am not surprised at all.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Tmz is reporting that she filed due to his parenting choices.

Frankly, I'm surprised they made it this long. There has to be a lot of pressure at that level of fame. It's sad.

Wonder if she will still wear her ring? :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope for a reconciliation.

P

PierreBear

No one else is rooting for Brad and Jennifer Aniston to get together??!! Aside from the levity, it is still an unfortunate situation as there are children involved.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I am not the least bit surprised, but yes, it's always sad to see a divorce. I am not a huge fan of either one of them (although, Brad's pretty easy on the eyes :love: and she's not bad either ;-) ), so the news didn't have much of an impact on me

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PierreBear|1474404132|4078967 said:
No one else is rooting for Brad and Jennifer Aniston to get together??!! Aside from the levity, it is still an unfortunate situation as there are children involved.

Not even a little bit.

He left her, just walked out on her. Started a whole life with another woman, has kids with her.

No. She doesn't need that poison coming back into her life. She's better off.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1474441182|4079124 said:

Not even a little bit.

He left her, just walked out on her. Started a whole life with another woman, has kids with her.

I agree. In fact am I the only one who doesn't care for either Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt?
I don't follow these things but I couldn't help hearing that she said he has "anger" issues.

It is of course sad because there are children involved but the children will be better off if their parents were in a toxic relationship and it will be healthier for them if their parents are not living together.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one else is rooting for Brad and Jennifer Aniston to get together??!!

No.

I don't know the whole story but no.

But it's enough to know he chose another woman over her and chose to leave.

She deserves better.

And I'm sure (well, I hope) there's not even a little piece of her that wants him back.

I did feel sad to hear about Brad/Angelina's divorce though - always sad to see people divorcing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1474451981|4079138 said:

Not even a little bit.

I agree. In fact am I the only one who doesn't care for either Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt?
I don't follow these things but I couldn't help hearing that she said he has "anger" issues.

It is of course sad because there are children involved but the children will be better off if their parents were in a toxic relationship and it will be healthier for them if their parents are not living together.

Missy, you're definitely not the only one who doesn't care for either of them. I've never found Pitt particularly attractive (more of a Clooney fan myself), and she just isn't my cup of tea for various reasons. I'm close to her age and am much more cautious to whom I devote my time these days because my awareness of how short life has increased this decade. Since her mother died and she had her breasts removed because of her cancer genes, and because she's responsible for 6 children I'm guessing that Brad couldn't step up or keep up with her strength and determination and she's just over it. Sucks, but if both partners aren't completely committed to inspiring and protecting each other with all they have, it just doesn't work. She isn't beholden to him for financial reasons, and she's made her own name, so why bother sticking it out? In this day and age, there's really no reason for women to put up with any crap from a man.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1474461151|4079168 said:
In this day and age, there's really no reason for women to put up with any crap from a man.

Yes, I was thinking this.

ETA Also, I never used to find Brad Pitt particularly attractive, until I saw him on an interview on Oprah a long time ago (he was still with Jennifer at the time). And I thought he was so intense...that was the first time I found him really attractive.

But then when he left Jennifer for Angelina I lost it all.

I know people are allowed to leave when they aren't happy, etc. and we don't know what's going on behind closed doors. But my perception of him changed after that and I just don't like him any more.

(same with when Marc Anthony left Jennifer Lopez).

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am nearly never surprised when celebrity marriages end... with the lives they lead with so much travel and time apart, it seems like it would be incredibly hard to maintain a relationship. Add in the fact that many of them have gobs of money and it is easy for them to be surrounded by hordes of yes-men, and it looks like it would also be hard for them to adjust to having to compromise in one area of their life with someone who is supposed to be an equal when they probably never have to compromise in any other area (especially when you are as famous as Pitt and Jolie).

I did think these two would last, though. I don't know why.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I was surprised by this. There are many rumors as to why the marriage is ending. One thing I wonder about is Angelina had her ovaries removed last year. I realized being thrown into menopause doesn't dramatically affect all women but it certainly did me. I can't help but wonder if that had an impact.

I also read that Brad wanted a structured childhood for the children. He grew up in Missouri in a very stable two family traditional household. Angelina grew up as a free sprint. I can definately also see where this would be an issue if they couldn't agree on the best way to go forward with raising the children now that they are getting older.

I also heard all the reasons Money listed above. If Brad has an alcohol and anger problem and he wasn't agreeing to get help for it, I would get of that marriage in a hot minute if I had children. I guess the bottom line is no one knows what the real reason is and no one knows what really goes on in someone else's marriage.

I can not even picture Brad and Jennifer together anymore. They seem so completely different.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure Jennifer Aniston's life is very complete without Brad Pitt. To think that there are people who have seen her as this poor, pitiful, pining away character for so many years speaks volumes about our culture.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474388481|4078851 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: If Brad and Angie can't make it, who can? Bwahahahahaha!!

I read a bio of Angelina a few years ago. It pretty much said Brad is the one who is home with the kids while Angie is making movies or out promoting her 'brand' and charities. It said Brad loves order and Angie likes chaos and so chaos it is at the Pitt-Jolie maison.

I loved a quip I read attributed to Jennifer Anniston when she realized Brad was out the door: Now can I have a comfortable couch?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard the opposite, that after she had her two surgeries, she is not as wild and carefree but instead devoting herself to either the family or humanitarian issues, and has become more of a homebody. But Brad travels and kept adding to projects that keep him away from the home and family. I don't really know either of them but I do think it is sad when a marriage ends, unless there was violence or abuse.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Not even a little bit.

+1 I think Aniston is much better off without Brad Pitt.

But I admit, I'm a little shocked that Brangelina is breaking up. I thought they must have been made for each other, and their individual weirdnesses were something only they could live with. :rolleyes: But what are they going to do with all of those children? Honestly, I think they should just divorce and go back to living together since marriage apparently was a downgrade in status or something. I can believe it felt like a downgrade in status after living together compatibility for so long, because that's how I'd describe my feelings about my own marriage. Marriage changes the balance of power, even if only subtly. Maybe that rankled one or both of them.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find Justin Theroux to be an extremely attractive man and if he treats her well, I doubt Jen is pining for Brad now.

It's definitely an upgrade IMO.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1474481801|4079292 said:
I find Justin Theroux to be an extremely attractive man and if he treats her well, I doubt Jen is pining for Brad now.

Totally agree! I hate to snark on someone's looks, but Brad is not aging well. He's veering into Nick Nolte mug shot territory more and more every time I see him photographed with unkempt hair, looking raggedy, etc. Jen, on the other hand, doesn't look much older now than she did when she was on Friends, and I think she just gets better with time. (Ok, except in Cake. In Cake she looks kinda haggard, but it was part of the role.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I thought Jennifer Aniston split from Justin Theroux. I would be glad to hear that she is happy with him, however!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1474490718|4079325 said:

I thought Jennifer Aniston split from Justin Theroux. I would be glad to hear that she is happy with him, however!

I think they are still together. Who knows really I mean if we believe all the mags she would have more kids than Brad and Angie by now! :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even know what these two people are famous for. :snore:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1474499507|4079366 said:
I don't even know what these two people are famous for. :snore:
I wish I didn't!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

fb_img_1474506294256.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Funny JoCoJenn!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read that they are investigating Brad for verbal and physical abuse toward the kids.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1474574197|4079655 said:
I just read that they are investigating Brad for verbal and physical abuse toward the kids.

Yeah, well I read he was having an affair with Marion Cotillard and she was pregnant. So there.

(Then I had to go look up who she was and I found out she was French and 40 years old and had won an Oscar and her partner was Guillaume Canet with whom she had a five year-old son and I didn't feel so smug about not knowing who the hell some actress Brad Pitt may or may not have been having an affair with was. [She denies the affair.] I mean, she is apparently a serious actress, not just a starlet.)

AGBF ;))

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It is sad for the family when the parents cannot make it work, whether it is Brangelina or the couple next door.

But it is pretty hilarious that hundreds (or more?) people took to social media posting Jennifer Aniston/Rachel Green gifs mocking the situation. There were some good ones. :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1474574197|4079655 said:

:(sad Hopefully it's a question of difference in parenting styles, and not an actual case of abuse.

HollyS|1474593169|4079739 said:
It is sad for the family when the parents cannot make it work, whether it is Brangelina or the couple next door.

Agreed. And B&A have been together for more than ten years now. It isn't as if this was a quick hook-up. I really don't understand all the barely disguised glee at the news of the divorce.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I'm surprised when anyone in Hollywood has a marriage more than 5 years long.

I think one of the biggest requirements for a happy marriage is to love unselfishly, to be generous and kind and think of the other person more than you think of yourself. That all boils down to having a smaller ego, IMHO. I'm not sure Hollywood can create people with small egos.

I also think the wedding was them trying to grab a lifeline for their relationship. Now all the wedding hoopla is over, and it's just the same old 7 year itch issues that they had before the wedding.

I also wonder if the whole mastectomy/hysterectomy thing was her sublimation of the marriage issues?

So I think this was a long time coming, and it's not a surprise to either of them. I also think the stories you'll hear soon - "he's a bad daddy", "She's wants to grow the children like weeds", "he had an affair (which is a great story if you're a starlet looking to become a star BTW)" - all that is divorce talk from publicists and lawyers posturing. More of that to come.

It's going to get ugly. :???:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results