shape
carat
color
clarity

I just melted down on Comcast. Working out my backup plan. Can I ask for some input?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I melted down on Comcast earlier. Badly. Won''t get into details, but they''ve messed up my account for the last three months and the billing has been out of hand. I told them tonight that I had just about had it and that I was going to take the weekend to think about it and not to be surprised when I cancelled on Monday. But before I cancel, I have to have a backup plan. Can I ask for some input from my fellow PSers?

I looked into Direct TV and got pricing. And then we looked at consumer reviews and they were atrocious. Is anyone here happy with them?

I also started looking at Dish Network. From what I''ve read so far, it seems like they have a good reputation. Does the reputation hold up? How''s pricing?

Last question- Has anyone used satellite internet? I don''t want DSL and while DH is recommending just keeping Comcast for internet, I''ve vowed not to give them another penny if we decide to switch the TV service.

I hate dealing with cable companies. Why does it always have to be a fight?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have nothing constructive to say other than to sympathize with you. We have Comcast and every time I try to read/send/compose an email with their new system [which is inexplicably even worse than their old one] you can probably hear me screaming. Their system is a POS. And don''t get me started on their other faults. I, too, need to find another solution.

They are the ones that need to be melted down.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
AT&T has really good service using fiber optics...its really affordable and the service is great!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Italia- No real phone line required? Hmmm.... if so, may have to give my former enemies at AT & T a look-see.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF and I also had a temper tantrum and walked out on Comcast.

They''re evil.

If you have ATT U-Verse in your area I HIGHLY recommend it. Their customer service has been phenomenal since we switched. We can''t say enough good things.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I love Verizon Fios Fiber Optic Network

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 9:09:46 PM
Author: elledizzy5

They''re evil.

If you have ATT U-Verse in your area I HIGHLY recommend it. Their customer service has been phenomenal since we switched. We can''t say enough good things.
Comcast is EVIL!

I looked up ATT U-Verse and it is available. Now I just need to understand the difference between FTTP and FTTN..... I didn''t do this much research when I bought my last car.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 9:31:31 PM
Author: April20
Date: 4/17/2009 9:09:46 PM

Author: elledizzy5

They''re evil.

Comcast is EVIL!

I looked up ATT U-Verse and it is available. Now I just need to understand the difference between FTTP and FTTN..... I didn''t do this much research when I bought my last car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTTH

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain!!!!!!! I also had a melt down after being stuck in my apartment all day waiting for Comcast, being told every hour that the guy was 15 minutes away, only to be told at 8 pm that he had been there and I wasn''t home!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I did not leave my apartment the entire day!!! Then they said the next day they could possibly come was TWO WEEKS later!!!!
29.gif

So I called up Verizon that night and have been very happy with Fios ever since! Even when something goes wrong, their customer service is a million times better and they actually show up when they say they will.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 9:21:12 PM
Author: beach
I love Verizon Fios Fiber Optic Network

this is what we have and it''s been problem free since we got it last sept. it doesn''t need a home phone line either.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i use Comcast for my internet,love the speed. i told Comcast that i''am not paying them more than $25 per month.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m another U-Verse fan! I had Comcast when I lived in Chicago and it was a nightmare...I have nothing but good things to say about U-Verse, though.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I work in the cable "industry", and have to watch what i say about Operators like Comcast and TW. This is one of those times when i''ll follow my mother''s advice: "If you don''t have anything nice to say, don''t say anything at all"

PLEASE look into AT&T U-verse. I''ve been a member for a year and dig it!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 8:37:23 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I have nothing constructive to say other than to sympathize with you. We have Comcast and every time I try to read/send/compose an email with their new system [which is inexplicably even worse than their old one] you can probably hear me screaming. Their system is a POS. And don''t get me started on their other faults. I, too, need to find another solution.

They are the ones that need to be melted down.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Oh, so very true!

AT&T U-verse, huh?

Off to check it out.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Haha... no help from me, but we blew up on Comcast this week and canceled our cable & internet... I''m online now somehow, though... a perk of apartment living- moochin'' offa the neighbors.

Anyway-- they overcharged us, too. And then our internet & cable stopped working. For over a WEEK. And they wanted to charge us $30 to fix it... a problem we didn''t even cause! :sigh:

Our pals just got Dish & seem to love it... Good luck to ya, and if you find a solution, lemmie know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results