shape
carat
color
clarity

I Just Finished My Taxes....Are You Done Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 12:38:57 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 4/9/2009 12:35:32 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

We owed too, but I''d actually rather that than getting a ton of money back - as DH said, at least we got to keep the interest on that money rather than the government. Its a wrench having to pay it, but we had plenty in savings to cover it, so its not nearly as bad as it could have been.

Our taxes have pretty much been complicated every year for some reason or another (stock options, graduate fellowships, etc...) but this year''s (i.e. the ones we''ll do in early 2010) will be one of the worst - we''ll each only be working for part of the year, plus I''ll have a partial year of graduate school, plus we''ll be moving to a different state mid-year, so that will be lovely and super complicated
3.gif
20.gif
14.gif
But Amber... no more state income tax!!!
9.gif

Hehe - very true, and DH and I are super excited about that part - it will be a wonderful change, especially compared to like 10% here in Cali
1.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Did ''em back in January, as soon as we got them. We''re using our returns for our wedding.
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We filed and were supposed to her out return last week electronically. Didn''t come. I about had a heart attack, when I saw the Feds has delayed it.

Found out yesterday from the IRS site that our accountant (now former) had calculated wrong and that the IRS was giving us a larger return than we had filed for. I''ve never had that happen before, where the IRS voluntarily gives away money (however rightly owed) to you!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been done since beg of Feb, filed and spent the money...however, I still owe the state and local taxes, I will file those on the 15th
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Mine are all filed and deposited, K''s federal are done and his state ones have been done for about a month but not sent in--I''ll remind him to do that tonight!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Mine have been done for a while now, probably about 2 months ago. FF sent his in shortly after mine. I haven''t spent my return - I saved it in my future wedding fund.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Done!
cheerleader1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm...maybe i should go to the tea party downtown.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Our taxes were a huge pain in the butt... multiple states who don''t make the process easy. Really, I just can''t see how taxes should be so complicated. We''re both very bright people are it took us HOURS to get it right.
20.gif

We got a nice chunk of change back (mostly due to my tuition) but this will be the last year for that! In the future, we will aim for even with the gov even though it feels nice to get money back
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two years ago to the day, I started a "Tax Return Procrastinator's" thread on my other forum. It's still going strong, in fact it's gotten a lot of traffic today.

Time for me to report in there.

'nuff said.
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:37:46 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Two years ago to the day, I started a ''Tax Return Procrastinator''s'' thread on my other forum. It''s still going strong, in fact it''s gotten a lot of traffic today.

Time for me to report in there.

''nuff said.
2.gif
I hear that!

Yesterday, I took my envelope to the Katy Post Office and had it hand stamped. I was so proud of myself that I didn''t wait until the last minute to drive from Katy to downtown Houston and wait in line with the rest of the last minute Houstonians and hope that my envelope would get the 15th date stamp.

We owed, but I''m still on the payment plan. First installment is in the mail, the other two payments will follow. This year was a pain the butt....dealing with disability, 401ks, etc.....UGG!

Lori

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty has filed her federal taxes and is celebrating with a glass of the 7 Deadly Zins!

Much to my surprise I'll be getting a refund. I guess I adjusted my withholding enough after having to cut a check last year. Anyhow, I'll be able to do my state return on-line once I crunch one or two more numbers... and since California gives an automatic extension, I can enjoy my zin tonight,
2.gif
and file that return later this week.

WOOHOOOO!

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Man, You ladies are lucky only having to file once a year.

As a new business, I have to file sales and use tax every month!
39.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jonathan: I hope all that extra work eventually pays off for you -- big time!

(and yeah, I'd be in a world of hurt if I had to do this more than once a year!)

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I finished my taxes at about 6pm last night!!! Talk about getting close to the wire...

In my defense, I had everything entered and basically ready to go since... the first week in February? I got interrupted then and totally forgot about it until someone said something about tax day... and then I said "Oh, CRAP!" and raced home to do it. Never again!!!
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results