shape
carat
color
clarity

I **heart** the furminator!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fi and I just invested in this fantastic grooming tool for our chow chow puppy. Our dog is super expensive to have groomed and grooming him ourselves is a pain because he has tons of this amazing super fluffy fur. Anyway, we''ve been thinking about getting a furminator for awhile and we just broke down this morning. I''ve used it on the pup and one of our cats thus far and we''ve gotten SO much fur off of both of them! It''s crazy!! I highly recommend it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my cats desperatly needs this. . .but she bites when we try to comb her! AHHH. . .I had a groomer come to my house and she had to put a kitty muzzle on her and had my hold her down!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I have a furminator too, and I''ve noticed that it works better on certain fur types. We have two cats and two dogs.
With one one of my dogs it gets the fur out amazingly, but on the other one not so much. Doesn''t work too well with the cats either, but I haven''t tried the one specifically made for a cat. On the dog that it does work on, it looks just like the video. Amazing! I just can''t get that same result with the other pets.

I want to give a shout out too...to the new Scotch Fur Fighter. Link
It is AMAZING. I use it on my sofa, on our dining room chairs, on our carpeted stairs (SO much easier than dragging the vaccum up there every time) and pet beds. It works so well.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I got one on eBay, it was so much cheaper than the pet stores. And, my god, I could have made a new cat with the fur I pulled off her the first time I used it! Plus she LOOOOVES being groomed with it.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 3:37:36 PM
Author: luckystar112
I have a furminator too, and I''ve noticed that it works better on certain fur types. We have two cats and two dogs.

With one one of my dogs it gets the fur out amazingly, but on the other one not so much. Doesn''t work too well with the cats either, but I haven''t tried the one specifically made for a cat. On the dog that it does work on, it looks just like the video. Amazing! I just can''t get that same result with the other pets.

It is AMAZING. I use it on my sofa, on our dining room chairs, on our carpeted stairs (SO much easier than dragging the vaccum up there every time) and pet beds. It works so well.

Our dog has very fuzzy puppy fur, but his grown up fir is coming in so we have double duty on the grooming right now. I imagine that it''s only going to work really well when he''s shedding his undercoat in the Spring/Fall. I imagine it doesn''t work well on straight coarse hair as it''s meant to remove just the undercoat and not the top coat. I also tried it on my cats (both are short haired) and didn''t have as much success, but it was still better than nothing. They all took it better than I imagined they would. I''ve never groomed my cats!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
We have one, and love it!!
30.gif
My Edgar has a lot of fur, and it is amazing. Certainly helps with shedding.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of people like that tool, I dont use/have one so I can''t comment on it.

I use a Slick ''n Easy Grooming Block on my cat. She won''t let me use a regular brush but she loves the grooming block for some reason.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 3:37:36 PM
Author: luckystar112

lucky - Thanks for the shout out on the new Scotch Fur Fighter! I had clipped a coupon for it a few weeks back and was curious to try it but it is always good to hear positive reviews from someone that has actually used the product.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE THE FURMINATOR!!!!!!! It''s amazing

Luckystar112- thanks for the info about the fur fighter. I was wondering if that worked. Must go get one, there''s cat fuzz everywhere.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not seen the furminator. Hmm. Will have to look into it. We have two dogs (short hair) and one medium hair cat. She makes more fuzz than both of them combined!

Has anyone tried the PediPaw? I wonder if it really works, and if it does, if it will work for small dogs.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard that the pedipaws are terrible. Apparently they''re not strong enough at all, and it''s hard to know when to stop filing, and dogs are really freaked out by them.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We bought a PediPaw and we haven''t been able to use it on D.O.G. He''s too freaked out by the sound of it. I was bored one day and I tried it on one of my nails and it wasn''t a fun experience. My nail got really really hot and uncomfortable. If I don''t like the feeling of something, I''m certainly not going to subject my dog to it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
We love the furminator, although we don''t use it often enough. We have a medium sized one, and it works well on our two short-haired kitties as well as our ragdoll kitty - gets out a TON of fur.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results