shape
carat
color
clarity

I have to finally confess!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Please take me off the list!!!

I have been a bad LIW. SO proposed on 12/22/2012 :appl: :appl: and with the holidays and a vacation I have not had time to post. I am soo sorry and I hope you guys can forgive me?? :oops: :D :D

On 12/22/2012 we had plans to go to city park in New Orleans and see the Christmas lights. We went with his brother, his wife, and their 2 year old son. All day I kept trying to get out of it because I just wanted to relax before the holiday marathon and he insisted we were going. This made me suspicious. Another thing that was a huge red flag is he wanted me to pack our things for the night. This wasn't that strange in that SO lives an hour away from the city and my family and the next day we were suppose to go there. I kept telling him I wanted to come home that night because of our dog, I didn't want to leave her for all three days (his roommate takes care of her when we are with my family). I eventually conceded and started wondering if he was going to propose that night.

On to that night:

We were walking around the park and FSIL took nephew out of the stroller. They asked him he wanted to give Aunt Schafenm a present. So he walked over to me with this wrapped box with a gold bow (I think FSIL did this :lol: ). Immediately I knew it was happening. I started to unwrap the box slowly (to torture him :naughty: ) and then I looked up, there were 2 cameras and a videocamera on me :shock: :shock: :shock: . Deer in a headlight!! I kind of halted and stopped opening the box. SO looks at me and says "Don't you want to see what nephew got you?" with this huge grin on his face. I finished unwrapping the box and their was this beautiful wooden ring box that SO made himself. He loves woodworking and used to work in a custom cabinetry/furniture store to learn more about the craft. I don't remember what he said exactly but it was sweet and of course I said YES!!!!

After we left the lights he had made reservations at one my favorite restaurants. The executive chef is a family friend and he got a good laugh thinking he was going to know before my Uncle that we were engaged. I had the filet and SO had the scallops and we shared sangria. It was amazing!!

SO made reservation at a hotel in the FQ, hence why I needed to pack my things. It was an amazing night and I could not have asked for anything better. The only awkward moment was after I said yes he told me to try my ring on, I laughed and told him he was suppose to put it on my finger. We laugh about it now. SO said he had this long speech, but when I stopped he forgot everything he was going to say. It was soo sweet and i appreciate the thought behind everything.

Now to the ring:

It is a GIA 2.21 asscher I color and VS1 clarity. I don't have the other specs on me because SO has the cert. My finger size is a 6 3/4. Here are some pics from my camera, but SO has better pics on his IPHONE. I will do a proper SMTB thread when he gets back on Thursday from work. Also I am waiting on the weather to clear up. We haven't seen the sun in days :cry: :cry:

Thanks so much ladies for everything on this forum, it has been fun. I already have ideas for wedding stuff and hope we can all brainstorm in BW. Next is planning the wedding band bling :naughty: :naughty: haha when will it end. LOL

Now onto the pics!!

face_forward_asscher.jpg

far_away_one.jpg

outside_picture_of_asscher.jpg

262790_582802357802_1407335200_n-1.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
congratulations everything about it sounds so sweet and personal! I love your ring! Asschers are stunning! He did a great job.

And also Ijust have to say that I LOVE your purse in the picture. That is a great bag! :appl:

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! That ring is beautiful and fits your hand perfectly. Pretty hands, btw!!! What a sweet engagement story! :D

ps - MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Schafenm!! Cute proposal story and beautiful ring.

I love, love, love asschers and yours is big enough to see details - they are mesmerizing. Looking forward to seeing more pictures on PS and hearing about your wedding plans in BWW.

lkc84

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! I love Asschers, yours is gorgeous :love:

My SO loves woodworking too. That box is really awesome, and it's cool you have a unique keepsake to store your new bling in :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your engagement and your gorgeous ring! I love the way your FI proposed...that is one for the books!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Sarahbear621|1358266891|3356019 said:
congratulations everything about it sounds so sweet and personal! I love your ring! Asschers are stunning! He did a great job.

And also Ijust have to say that I LOVE your purse in the picture. That is a great bag! :appl:

Thank you so much!!! The purse is Michael Kors and I got it at Nordstroms during one of their sales over the summer. I don't usually like his purses but I just fell in love online!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
luckyerialc|1358273582|3356158 said:
Congratulations! That ring is beautiful and fits your hand perfectly. Pretty hands, btw!!! What a sweet engagement story! :D

ps - MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!

Thank you so much!! I promise to post more pics when we get some sun around here!!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
mary poppins|1358274648|3356183 said:
Congratulations Schafenm!! Cute proposal story and beautiful ring.

I love, love, love asschers and yours is big enough to see details - they are mesmerizing. Looking forward to seeing more pictures on PS and hearing about your wedding plans in BWW.

Thanks Mary Poppins! I love the details and how it looks different in each lighting situation.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
lkc84|1358277024|3356227 said:

My SO loves woodworking too. That box is really awesome, and it's cool you have a unique keepsake to store your new bling in :bigsmile:

Thanks! Has he done any cool projects lately? FI has been out of it for a while because his job now is so demanding, but one day when we have our own house I want to build him a workshop. That way he can build me lots of stuff :naughty: :naughty:

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
yennyfire|1358277792|3356235 said:
Congrats on your engagement and your gorgeous ring! I love the way your FI proposed...that is one for the books!

Thanks!! I think he did a great job!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! We will totally forgive you for not updating us sooner....IF YOU POST MORE PICTURES ASAP!!!! Oh goodness that stone is the absolute perfect size on your finger, and it's great that you can see all the amazing lil facets!! That ring box is beautiful and so very sweet how he got your nephew to give you the box.

As for the wedding band bling and when it ends? Well, hopefully never!!!! There are always anniversaries, birthdays, holidays.... :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story and gorgeous ring! Congrats!!!

lkc84

Rough_Rock
Schafenm|1358278362|3356245 said:

Thanks! Has he done any cool projects lately? FI has been out of it for a while because his job now is so demanding, but one day when we have our own house I want to build him a workshop. That way he can build me lots of stuff :naughty: :naughty:

He hasn't lately either, he works pretty long hours. But he made a dvd rack for us to use (we have an obscene amount of dvds!) that's pretty awesome. He also got what I lovingly call "the Big Book of Joinery" as a Christmas present in our family's Secret Santa, so he's pretty pumped to start making stuff again. His new project is that he wants to build us a bar for our new house :bigsmile: Oh, and my cousin built my other cousin (his sister) this AMAZING nail polish rack for Christmas. I was way jealous, so now I want one too ;-)

A workshop is a definite plus! We recently bought a house and the previous owner had part of the garage set up to be a workshop, with lots of cabinets and room for benches. So now, when we get engaged and register, he wants those giant Craftsman tool storage units on the list. Lol. Having a guy being able to build stuff is a definite perk. What's on your list?

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1358279387|3356262 said:
Congratulations!!!!! We will totally forgive you for not updating us sooner....IF YOU POST MORE PICTURES ASAP!!!! Oh goodness that stone is the absolute perfect size on your finger, and it's great that you can see all the amazing lil facets!! That ring box is beautiful and so very sweet how he got your nephew to give you the box.

As for the wedding band bling and when it ends? Well, hopefully never!!!! There are always anniversaries, birthdays, holidays.... :naughty:

Thank you!! I promise I will post more pics when the sun decides to come back out and when FI gets back from work. I hope the bling obsession never ends. I already told him I know what I want for my wedding day present (a 3 or 1 stone DBTY bracelet). Am I allowed to pick that out?? HAHA I will at least drop some hints...

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Rosebloom|1358279801|3356268 said:
What a lovely story and gorgeous ring! Congrats!!!

Thank you Rosebloom!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
lkc84|1358279839|3356269 said:
Schafenm|1358278362|3356245 said:

He hasn't lately either, he works pretty long hours. But he made a dvd rack for us to use (we have an obscene amount of dvds!) that's pretty awesome. He also got what I lovingly call "the Big Book of Joinery" as a Christmas present in our family's Secret Santa, so he's pretty pumped to start making stuff again. His new project is that he wants to build us a bar for our new house :bigsmile: Oh, and my cousin built my other cousin (his sister) this AMAZING nail polish rack for Christmas. I was way jealous, so now I want one too ;-)

A workshop is a definite plus! We recently bought a house and the previous owner had part of the garage set up to be a workshop, with lots of cabinets and room for benches. So now, when we get engaged and register, he wants those giant Craftsman tool storage units on the list. Lol. Having a guy being able to build stuff is a definite perk. What's on your list?

The only other thing FI has made was his queen size bed. It kind of matched the ring box. It is mainly the light wood color with the dark color wood for panes and the top of the posts. He would kill me if he knew I still couldn't remember the names of the woods.. LOL

I love the things he has made you already. A bar sounds fantastic, you will have to post pics whenever he is done. The nail polish rack sounds awesome, I think I might want to add that to my list.

The things on my list are a shelf by the bathtub to put magazines in, a candle on, hold my glass of wine, and bubble bath stuff. That way all the stuff I need to relax is right there. I also am dreaming of a jewelry box and instead of a ring bearers pillow I want him to make a box that matches my ering box to hold the wedding bands.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! that is so wonderful and special and I love how your FSIL and nephew were involved!!! Ah - that is too sweet!!!

And your ring ---- um---- :appl: :love: :appl: :love: !!! Its GORGEOUS!! That's a stunning asscher! Look at all those steps---- good job picking that stone - wow!

Hopefully you can amuse us with a whole lot of pics - hand/fire/box.... please please pretty please??

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Schafenm! Your ring is stunning! Normally I'm not a fan of asschers, but it looks perfect on you! And I love the custom ring box!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats again!!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Schafenm|1358285482|3356329 said:
pandabee|1358279387|3356262 said:

Thank you!! I promise I will post more pics when the sun decides to come back out and when FI gets back from work. I hope the bling obsession never ends. I already told him I know what I want for my wedding day present (a 3 or 1 stone DBTY bracelet). Am I allowed to pick that out?? HAHA I will at least drop some hints...

UH yeah of course you are!!!! That sounds wonderful. Yes, to more box pictures as well! :))

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
You sure kept that quiet, you sneak! :tongue: :appl:

Its so gorgeous, it suits your hand perfectly. (And style, seeing the photo of you!) I love the wooden box too. And involving family, aww!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UM, HELLO!?!?!

HOW CAN YOU WAIT THAT LONG W/O SPILLING TO US! You've been here lurking and posting w/o telling us!!!

CONGRATS #14!!!
Seriously that number has some JUICE!
I'm so happy for you, and your ring is absolutely darling. Please get your procrastinating booty to take more photos, and post a SMTB thread!!! Where'd you buy your ring from, and who made your setting? MOAR PICZ PREASE!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! :))

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, and beautiful ring! :love:

Is that a Ritani setting? I swear I've tried on that EXACT setting before, and it was Ritani.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1358294014|3356398 said:
Congratulations!!! that is so wonderful and special and I love how your FSIL and nephew were involved!!! Ah - that is too sweet!!!

And your ring ---- um---- :appl: :love: :appl: :love: !!! Its GORGEOUS!! That's a stunning asscher! Look at all those steps---- good job picking that stone - wow!

Hopefully you can amuse us with a whole lot of pics - hand/fire/box.... please please pretty please??

Thanks so much Enerchi! I promise I will post more pictures when the sun decides to show its pretty face around here again!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
MBKRH|1358294931|3356411 said:
Congrats Schafenm! Your ring is stunning! Normally I'm not a fan of asschers, but it looks perfect on you! And I love the custom ring box!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats again!!! :appl:

Thank you MBKRH!! FI said since I got to pick out the ring and setting he needed to surprise me with something :D

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Chewbacca|1358301572|3356505 said:
You sure kept that quiet, you sneak! :tongue: :appl:

Its so gorgeous, it suits your hand perfectly. (And style, seeing the photo of you!) I love the wooden box too. And involving family, aww!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Thank you Chewbacca!! I think it fits me and us perfectly!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1358306921|3356547 said:
UM, HELLO!?!?!

HOW CAN YOU WAIT THAT LONG W/O SPILLING TO US! You've been here lurking and posting w/o telling us!!!

CONGRATS #14!!!
Seriously that number has some JUICE!
I'm so happy for you, and your ring is absolutely darling. Please get your procrastinating booty to take more photos, and post a SMTB thread!!! Where'd you buy your ring from, and who made your setting? MOAR PICZ PREASE!

I didn't even realize about the number!! Thank you so much!! We had a local Jeweler here in Nola source the stone and make the setting. He was amazing to work with. We were kind of nervous purchasing sight unseen because of it being an asscher. I think though whenever we do my DBTY bracelet I will use a pricescope vendor.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
star sparkle|1358360636|3356999 said:
Congrats, and beautiful ring! :love:

Is that a Ritani setting? I swear I've tried on that EXACT setting before, and it was Ritani.

Thank you!! We had it custom made, but I used the picture of the Ritani as inspiration. The only difference is the diamonds on the band of mine are not channeled set. I love it!! Good eye!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results