shape
carat
color
clarity

I have this diamond on the way...

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered this through clean origin yesterday. I am excited AND nervous, because I am no diamond expert. I am grateful that we have lab grown as an option now as I probably wouldn’t be able to upgrade otherwise.
I’ve had my .70 princess cut for 20 years so going to this 1.2 is a big change for me! I’m mostly excited about having a round stone!
I did not order a setting because I just couldn’t make a decision and I wanted to see the color in person. It is an I and I have read so many different things about color, and warmth etc. that’s another reason I didn’t pick a setting yet it may depend on what will look best OR I may hate it and return it lol

I will keep everyone posted, so far customer service has been great and even called me on the phone to help with my concerns. 8B43A024-0F5A-422E-8128-87F1B61C636C.png BDBD2E58-28F0-4295-AF6C-D265B5840B14.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks nice. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed - please do come back with your thoughts! :)

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I think I will have it next week, current ship date is the 12th. I’m concerned though because I didn’t get it set, how will I be able to check it in all different lights? I notice some people will love their diamond until they see it outside, or a different lighting/ different angles. My stone will be loose.
My main concern is reading about an I color specifically lab grown showing some brown tint.
Hopefully it will be obvious to me from the get go whether I like it or not!
I’m still excited though!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may ship with a 'ring holder', which basically squeezes the stone between prongs in a flexible ring - sort of like how 'squeeze clips' work on hoses in an engine bay (if you know what I mean :lol: )

If not, you may be able to get one separately!

e.g.:

https://www.amazon.com/JEWELLERS-STONE-DIAMOND-SPRING-DISPLAY/dp/B01M0X8JUC/

Alternatively, a stone holder thingy (technical term ;-) ) can be useful, but you can't place the stone directly over the finger:

https://www.amazon.com/HTS-191D5-Prong-Jewelers-Pick-Up/dp/B01DPZ08P8/

Pick it up / put it away over a soft cloth or similar, so if you drop it, it doesn't hit anything hard and doesn't (hopefully...) bounce away!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Perfect thank you! I’m ordering now

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure the stone is secure in whichever holder you are using - don't want to be looking through grass in the garden for days if it escapes! :lol:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered this through clean origin yesterday. I am excited AND nervous, because I am no diamond expert. I am grateful that we have lab grown as an option now as I probably wouldn’t be able to upgrade otherwise.
I’ve had my .70 princess cut for 20 years so going to this 1.2 is a big change for me! I’m mostly excited about having a round stone!
I did not order a setting because I just couldn’t make a decision and I wanted to see the color in person. It is an I and I have read so many different things about color, and warmth etc. that’s another reason I didn’t pick a setting yet it may depend on what will look best OR I may hate it and return it lol

I will keep everyone posted, so far customer service has been great and even called me on the phone to help with my concerns. 8B43A024-0F5A-422E-8128-87F1B61C636C.png BDBD2E58-28F0-4295-AF6C-D265B5840B14.png

looking forward to seeing it!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Make sure the stone is secure in whichever holder you are using - don't want to be looking through grass in the garden for days if it escapes! :lol:

This is Exactly my fear and the story of my life!! Lol

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I got my tracking info and it will arrive tomorrow am! ( pacific time)

If I love it I will need to find a simple setting. I want to wear it as a solitaire for a bit and then maybe choose a different setting later...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be a long night ;-) :lol:

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
5B947483-3CE6-4FEC-A85B-72DB79567E0A.jpeg

I have my tool grabber thingie ready! (I’m practicing with another stone lol )

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
7F6C3D59-A19D-4CA4-ADBF-516EA06B71FA.jpeg E7B2257C-8758-4BC4-9B06-CE9DE923F623.jpeg 1C9CD392-6477-4D75-BBA6-B447AC6B0A3E.jpeg 294E2818-4C56-48CE-9201-B3C58EB90CC5.jpeg
Ok it’s here! These are lousy pics I just took inside my bedroom. I will get outside in a bit. I’ve placed it next to my 5 stone which I believe are H colored as well as my princess which is also an H, just to compare color as this is an I. I plopped in an empty (too small) setting just to see how it looked on my hand. And that’s my issue. I *really* wanted a solitaire since it’s so classic and timeless. However, I’m not sure that’s what looks best on me. For example I love how the 5 stone looks and gives me coverage and lots of bling. I don’t want to try for a bigger solitaire or a halo or elaborate setting etc. I’m pretty simple. So I really need to think about this. Maybe I am a “band” girl. I don’t know. I’m kind of disappointed. Not in the actual diamond, just how it looks in *me*. Even though I’ve been practicing with a cz for a while lol

I’m not are I want to invest in a setting if I’m not sure

Anyway here’s preliminary pics, I’ll post more soon.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good to me! :)

If a solitaire isn't for you, that is fine - we are all different!

Would you be able to keep this stone and add others to it, to create a three or five stone setting?

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
B88A8B8E-63F0-4173-880D-98DE76C0A7C6.jpeg I’m feeling better. Better lighting lol

I’m not planning on wearing these 2 together I just wanted to compare color etc.

I really love vintage rings. And because I was having a hard time finding one that I really liked I decided I would live a solitaire that I could mix and match with vintage bands. Plus getting a simple setting allowed me to get more diamond. For now. Down the road I could probably reset if I desired I’m just self conscious about my ham hands lol

I guess I will go to a local jeweler and see if I can get a simple 6 prong setting. So I can really test drive it

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell us more about the diamond and it’s performance!!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
It’s being set now, locally! I should have it tomorrow or Thursday. Then I can take it for a test drive!

I chose a simple / budget setting for now just to make sure I like it.

I’m so excited!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Also I’m really a novice when it comes to diamonds. My level of expertise is “ oh, sparkly!!” So what I think is great someone else might think it sucks lol

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting!

Looking forward to pics :))

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color looks good. Looking forward to seeing it set.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Well , today should be the day! I was actually supposed to have the ring 2 days ago, but I think he forgot to order the setting! So I should have by this afternoon. Just updating here, because no one in real life cares lol:lol:

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Ok I finally got t this evening! I had to take all my photos inside so I will try to get more tomorrow. 467F730C-F514-426D-94D7-5AD022B5CF5D.jpeg F8395D48-E6A9-4934-8297-1E22BA34F3CC.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And the size is fabulous on you!!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! The setting is way too tall for me, but I’m hoping I can deal with it for now!
I might take it to a local gemologist next week just to get her opinion on this stone. I really love it so far!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great!! Size is perfect!!

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
This morning, inside, but natural light from the window. 19A32357-B1CA-437D-93A0-A4FCE82E15D9.jpeg

I love it so much! But again, my diamond experience is limited. So I am easily impressed!
I read this board over and over and followed the recommended percentages regarding cut, etc and used the HCA tool and I think it got 1.3 or 1.4.
Even though it is an I in color, it looks white to me. I only notice slight warmth in some of the photos I take, but it doesn’t bother me.
I figured I would get to know my diamond and then pick a setting at some point that would work with its characteristics . I’m not sure if I can do a 3 stone in the future and be able to match up or not or even a pave band I guess time will tell
I’m just super happy now I have a little more presence on my finger .

My only regret so far is that I spent too much on this setting, but I was antsy to start wearing it!

Quick reminder: 1.20 ct Finger is between 6.5-7 this ring is a 7 and is roomy which I like

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone is beautiful..!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! It's a nice size on you, as already commented :))

If you do reset it, you could get the head taken off that band and wear the band as a plain band - it looks really nice :)

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I was hoping that would be an option! Then I won’t feel like I wasted money. I like to get my use out of things lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results