shape
carat
color
clarity

I have officially joined the club...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
... of brides with relatives who invite themselves to the wedding. This morning I got a call from a cousin who was all ''When''s the big day?!? I want to mark it on my calendar so I can plan the trip.'' Uhhhh... Well.

As it turns out, he is on the current guest list (which hasn''t been finalized). But HE had no reason to assume that. He''s a fairly distant cousin, and although I like him, he''s also the cousin who ran up a $1000 of the booze bill by getting completely hammered on 25 yr old McCallan reserve scotch at my dad''s most recent wedding. So frankly, he shouldn''t expect to be invited ANYWHERE ever again! And it just makes me wonder how many other relatives not on the list are thinking they''ll be invited...

Grammy said not to worry about it. People will deal if they don''t get an invite. But really, if this cous hadn''t been on the list, it would have been seriously awkward. I guess I would just have had to say ''Dude, it''s April 13th, but it''s super small... so no more free scotch for you, buddy!''

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Frustrating, huh? You should tell him you''re not serving alcohol and see if he still wants to come :)

I''d like to see the look on his face when he realizes it''s a really small wedding and he''s not going to be able to sit in the back of the room and mooch off the bar like in regular weddings. He''ll probably be thinking "oh crap", haha.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...I think we''re now up to an extra 100 or so people with the family who have completely taken it upon themselves to assume they will be invited to our Maui wedding, so do I feel your pain Indy!

I love NELady''s suggestion to pass along the "no alcohol" thing...that should clear out a few people!

Best of luck to you, Indy!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously, what are people thinking sometimes?

At least you know to be selective on the type of alcohol provided.
2.gif
You could also ask the bartender to make all his drinks virgin, just for fun.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results