shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a wedding dress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so my mom & her best friend (who is like a second mom to me) and FI''s mom all came up to go dress shopping with me. We went out on Monday and found THE DRESS!!!!!

I have a very bad picture of me in it that I will post, but please don''t judge based on that because the dress is too big and needs to be taken in. In person it was just lovely. It''s by a local Portland designer that designs her own fabric and has it made at a fair trade family owned silk mill in India. The fabric is literally one of a kind. The mill only employs adults who are all payed a living wage and it is peace silk, meaning they even let the worms finish their life cycle before they make silk from the cocoons.

The dress is really simple but beautiful and when we tried it on we all knew that this was the one. The best part? After I wear it, the dress can be shortened to knee length and worn with a different colored sash (maybe black or brightly colored) as a cocktail dress. I love it!

First, a close up of the beautiful fabric: Embroidered sheer silk organza over raw silk.

LP_Wedding_Gown_Fabric.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
And now a really awful picture of me. I am totally blacking out my face because of the weird face I''m making in this picture.
20.gif
Also, please keep 3 things in mind:

1. It was that time of the month & I was really bloaty
2. I am not wearing a bra
3. The dress is about 2 sizes too big in the waist area

Also, it totally looked better in person than it does in this picture. In real life it made me look tall & elegant rather than pudgy and bloaty. So please be gentle!

LP_Wedding_Gown.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You look wonderful!!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, lp, it is soooo pretty! Even too big and all, the dress looks great on you! Just lovely!!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
it''s beautiful! and i love the fact that you can use it again (and again and again) even after you get married!
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LP... its seriously gorgeous.
30.gif
Even with omfgwrongsizesuperbloatnoboobiesupport.
3.gif

You are going to look AWESOME on your wedding!! I love the style of that dress!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is fantastic! And the fabric makes me swoon. Congrats!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
A wedding gown with a social conscience...how wonderful!

You wear it beautifully, ladypirate
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
You look fabulous LP!
36.gif
And it''s extra special because of how it''s made. Love it!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
You are lovely in that dress! I love the sash, especially trailing down the back.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow LP
30.gif

I love it! So soft and buttery...great on your complexion! Love the sash too!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Well, you look absolutely gorgeous in it as it is now, so I can''t wait until you are wearing it post-alterations! Hooray!!
36.gif
(Plus, the bloatiness bit is all in your head--you may have felt that way, but I certainly can''t SEE any bloatiness in your photo.
3.gif
)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
LP, I love it! It''s perfect for a garden wedding, and absolutely stunning on you!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
The dress is lovely, ladypirate!!! I can''t wait to see if when it''s altered since it''ll be absolutely stunning and perfect then!!!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Lovely dress! And it''s neat you get to know the "history" of your dress.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!I love the fabric and the sash!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a romantic and feminine dress ladypirate - can''t wait to see it when it comes in and you have your fitting!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You look fantastic! I love how the color compliments your skin tone! BEAUTIFUL!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s a beautiful dress! I don''t think you look bloaty at all. You are going to look absolutely amazing on your wedding day!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s so pretty!!!!!!! You look incredible so far!!!! What an amazing dress!!!!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
the fabric is gorgeous!!!! i cant wait to see it fitted to you. the style is beautiful!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
You are SO your own worst critic, lady! You look WONDERFUL, even if the dress needs to be taken in.

The style is very classic. If you ever decide not to shorten it, I''d imagine this would be a gown worn by future generations.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Hey, you look great in that dress!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That gown is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That is so amazing that the fabric is locally designed and dress locally made! It is really romantic and flowing! Even if it isn''t perfect yet, it looks fantastic!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
You are being too hard on your picture - it looks amazing. In the right size, right time of the month
28.gif
and with a good alteration - you will be simply radiant!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely dress, LP! The fabric is gorgeous and I love its history! You're going to be a beautiful bride!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hun, you are not pudgy and you don''t look bloaty! LOL

beautiful dress =)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful dress; and properly fitted to you, it will be spectactular!

Very romantic!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning! It looks fab on you and there is no bloating at all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results