shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a simulant question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, some of you know I initially wanted a Royal Asscher for my e-ring, I have since decided due to budget reasons I would consider another shape. Well, I fell inlove with a setting and it happens to be a round ring (looks best with round) so I am considering buying a simulant royal asscher because I really love the look too. I say the betterthandiamond.com sight and love the Cartier repro. does anyone have an opinion on the quality and longevity of the Asha simulants? The set with w-band is $1900 (1.25 ct asscher) and that is a good chunk of money so I want some opinions.

I should mention the stone is only $225, the setting and band are platinum with natural G/VS diamonds.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
At $5 for the CZ and $220 for the way it is cut it better be cut very well indeed.

My opinion is that one CZ will wear like another and if you use it for everyday jewelry it will eventually get scratched up. That's my opinion though I have no special experience or knowledge to back it up!

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I've had a chance to view an 8 mm Asscher from BTD. I was impressed. I also have an emerald cut (9x7) Asha, and got an 8 mm Flander's cut for my mom for Christmas. Those stones don't look like any CZ I've ever seen before. As for the longevity of them, well that's something that only time can tell. However, they have a great warrantee on them. If they do get scratched up BTD will replace them.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I would first contact http://www.interlap.com/ and see if they cut asschers. I've never bought their CZs, but those who have say they look just as good as Ashas--but at a more reasonable price.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies, I have been trying to find a diamond simulant/CZ comparison thread for Asha, VG, BG, Interlaps, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results