shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a serious addition to diamonds..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
** I meant ADDICTION***

to diamonds and other stones. I think it's jewelry in general. Before I have one projeect compelted I have 3 more in my mind. I'm nota millionaire e- VERY far from it as a matter of fact.

I swear, I need shoppers anonymous specifically for jewelry.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well you are certainly among friends here Treysar!
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing wrong with that if you got the money.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy it , perhaps you could also consider working in that field? Perhaps helping with designs or purchases?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
How many people who listen to you talk about your jewelry projects tell you that you should go into the business? Happens to me ALL the time! Even when I go into jewelry stores.
2.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I totally understand. I have always ''liked'' jewelry, but I definately have grown a MUCH bigger attraction for all things sparkly...lol

I find that when I don''t come to this website all the time, it helps.

or maybe try to take your mind off it, like when you want to go look at jewelry, read a book, or reorganize something in your house....lol
this is what I do.

Also, I am telling myself no big blingy purchase for me, until I can lose some weight. I am thinking about 20 pounds would be great! Maybe then, I could reward myself with something like that!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha...tell me about it! I don''t even have my engagement ring yet (it''s being made as we speak) and I''ve already moved on to the next thing. (Don''t tell my boyfriend...he kind of figured that out already and got a little hurt.)

So now I''ve already got my w-band all picked out (haven''t set a date yet, though) and I want diamond studs and a diamond pendant next. After that I might be done for a little while...although I''m sure something will turn up!

I don''t think it ever ends...although if I stayed away from pricescope I might be able to get diamonds off my brain!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate to say this, because I am not supporting being totally greedy or aquisitive in a vacuum, BUT I personally think it is normal to have a mental wish list and have projects in the pipeline ready to go when you can. I have so many of them, be it house things (I am buying some art and things right now, and just got service for 12 in all new crystal, china and sterling), clothes, knowing what black tie/dressy events I have coming up and getting the clothes for things, purses and shoes, or jewelry items on my wish list... I think having ever changing projects really gives us things to look forward to, within reason of course. I do not advocate being irresponsible or anything, but think it is nice to have things that appeal to you, and if you can get them, more power to you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I completely agree with you, diamondfan. I''m a clothing/handbag/shoe fanatic, but I don''t really buy just to buy, if that makes sense. I buy because I like clothing and fashion and new things do make me happy, to an extent.

I do think that some people buy because they get a rush or a high from it, but I''m not one of them, although I admit that I do get a little bit of a rush sometimes when I score the perfect pair of shoes.
11.gif

I''ve read posts of yours where you say exactly what I always tell people: it''s only money...and you can''t take it with you!
28.gif

TCBug

Rough_Rock
sorry - wrong post

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look, I will be the first to admit that I can tend to get carried away...be it jewels or other things. I definitely love plotting out what I will get, and even if I do not always wear it or use it, I am happy to have it. I recently decided to get some art for the house, I love to see walls with lovely art on them, and felt the house was not complete without some additional pieces. I moved some pieces around, pieces that were not being shown to their best advantage, and in doing so, made room for some other things. I finally feel like I got it right, and found a couple of pieces I really love that make me happy when I look at them. Silly, but really important to me. I also try to stick with timeless things, unless it is inexpensive and a quick fix...but there are times I do feel my "stuff" is taking over, where to fit this and that, where to put such and such thing, I am not in a pared down situation for sure. I figure jewelry is an expensive hobby on one hand, but socially acceptable and fun, unless you are robbing a jewelry store to get your fix!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m there with ya!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is why we all are FRIENDS
31.gif
31.gif

No, I think people should follow their passion for a career.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 1:27:01 AM
Author: diamondfan
Look, I will be the first to admit that I can tend to get carried away...be it jewels or other things. I definitely love plotting out what I will get, and even if I do not always wear it or use it, I am happy to have it. I recently decided to get some art for the house, I love to see walls with lovely art on them, and felt the house was not complete without some additional pieces. I moved some pieces around, pieces that were not being shown to their best advantage, and in doing so, made room for some other things. I finally feel like I got it right, and found a couple of pieces I really love that make me happy when I look at them. Silly, but really important to me. I also try to stick with timeless things, unless it is inexpensive and a quick fix...but there are times I do feel my ''stuff'' is taking over, where to fit this and that, where to put such and such thing, I am not in a pared down situation for sure. I figure jewelry is an expensive hobby on one hand, but socially acceptable and fun, unless you are robbing a jewelry store to get your fix!

Someone did just that thing (robbed a store) near where I live a few weeks ago. It must have been a horrible experience for the staff there, who are really nice knowlegeable people.

Two things really ticked me off though- first, the thief took the pink sapphire & diamond pear cut earrings I had my eye on for ages and second, people keep asking where I was at the time and whether I have an alibi!

Clearly, my diamond sickness is well known - a couple of the people asking were police officers...

Jen

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
you have some esplaining to do!!!

that is too funny, but in all seriousness I wish they left the earrings you liked!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
They were such lovely earrings, I hate to think of someone wearing them in a prison cell! LOL At least they will look smart for the court appearance (they caught the culprit, so I''m off the hook!).

Jen

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I understand loving beautiful things. Which is percisely why I quit my last field and went to GIA full-time. it''s been two years, and I am knee deep in diamonds (mentally), that I had to subscribe to JCK, Jewelry W, Gems & Gemology, Idex, Rappaport, and all the catalogues for auction houses and high-end designers...

Sure I covet almost anything I see, and even somethings I DON''T see, that just appear visually as desgin ideas in my head... but I guess the best thing to do is to consider making it your career. It doesn''t help the cravings, but the discounts never hurt!
31.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results