shape
carat
color
clarity

i have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
the ring i got my g/f is a size 6.5 and now I know she is a size 7. We are leaving for Hiwaii on Friday. Do they have to take the sidestones and baguettes out to resize? Is this complicated? Im hoping the jewler can resize on thursday and ill skip out of work but if they cant Im considering having it done there. Do you think that where I bought the ring in manhattan they could do it same day? If they cant does anyone know who would??

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Do they have to take the sidestones and baguettes
out to resize?
-----------

Nope.

-----------
Is this complicated?
-----------

It's a piece of cake.

-----------
Im hoping the jewler can resize on thursday and ill
skip out of work but if they cant Im considering
having it done there. Do you think that where I
bought the ring in manhattan they could do it same
day?
-----------

I would think so, especially if you called ahead of time to make "an appointment".

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
thanks richard !! you are the best at responding to peoples questions!! ill admit I feel like the village idiot right now. I put the ring on tonite at my second job at home depot where I work in the tool rental section. The problem was I couldnt get it off so I had to keep my hand in my pocket when some people walked in! I finally got it off thank god. The local jewlers said that platinum had to be added to the ring because of the setting type, im hoping that if they do it for me they can also set the diamond lower. I also have someone who lives near kona hiwaii looking into a local jewlers to resize after i propose next sunday. I would rather it be perfect for her and I know she wouldnt mind "losing it for just a day" rather than it hanging off her pinky when we come home. One last question how long would this take and do they have to add extra platinum?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I've always heard sizing up is more difficult than sizing down. It would make sense that they would have to add platinum - a cost passed on to you.

Are you sure she is a size 7 on her left "ring' finger? My right hand ring finger is significantly larger than my left (I'm right handed). I just want to make sure you are correct. Also, my ring finger is larger during the summer, certain times of the month & after working out.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Another consideration w/ ring size is the thickness of the band. For example, a thick gold band needs to be a larger size than a small thinner band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results