shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a HUSBAND!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on a beautiful wedding day! Everything looks perfect. I love your hair especially- that flower is gorgeous!! Blessings on your life together!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Marvel and Chickflick! I really liked my hair too....I made the flower hair clip myself, and my mom did my updo since the hairstylist was out of town. I think she did a great job!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how beautiful - you, the dress, the setting, everything!

Congrats on your wedding - you seem so happy! It is so refreshing to see someone marry in a setting other than what we are accustomed to these days. Your parents must have been so pleased to have you marry at home. I just love that idea!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful and oh so happy at your wedding!! Congrats!!!

2 weeks till mine! Eek!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, you look so beautiful! It looks like the PERFECT day! Congratulations

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!

MissGotRocks, having the wedding at home made it super special...I''m so happy that''s what we did! My parents just built and moved into their home a year ago...my dad retired, and so they had to move out of the home that we had lived in since I was 6 months old (it was provided by my dad''s work). So I loved the idea of having the wedding at the new house that they had painstakingly custom built, because it was really important to them to build a home that I would really enjoy coming home to, and bringing my babies to someday! So I thought it would be super cool to have one of my life''s biggest memory makers there, and it couldn''t have been more perfect.

Jelly, those two weeks will FLY by! The only time that felt like everything was in slow motion to me was in the last 30 minutes before the ceremony began...I was all dressed and ready to go and I just wanted to get on with it! hehe! Other than that, the time just flew. Enjoy it!!

FacetFire, thank you very much, it was indeed perfect for us. :)

rms

Brilliant_Rock
you two are such a beautiful couple. Congratulations.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 5:57:13 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Thank you Al and Tybee!!

Yes, having a husband is so much fun! We have had a blast during this past week, just being silly and calling each other ''husband'' and ''wife'' at every opportunity. :)
I think one of the funniest moments for me was on our honeymoon.

We had gone to pick up the rental car to drive to the Hoover Dam. I realized that I had left our camera in the hotel room.

We pulled up to the front of the hotel, and the valet came over to offer to park the car. Rich replied "Thanks, but we aren''t coming in yet. MY WIFE forgot our camera, so she''s just running up to get it."

I grinned like a fool for ten minutes after that!
9.gif
Hearing him call me his wife to someone else for the first time --- priceless!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
A backyard wedding...I don''t know if I can think of anything more romantic. You two make a wonderful couple! Congrats!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a little late on this thread (so much to catch up on) but congratulations! Everything and everyone looked beautiful!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
You look absolutely beautiful! I love how you did your hair. Did you use a silk rose?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Huge congratulations to you, HOUMedGal! You looked so beautiful & happy on your wedding day & your new hubbie is adorable! I''m glad everything turned out perfectly! It rained about an hour before my wedding as well, but everything cleared up (and cooled down) in time for the ceremony. Sounds like we were both pretty lucky--I''m glad to hear that wealth will be in store for us! Hee hee.
2.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Great pictures!
36.gif
It looks like it was a picture perfect day (pun intended!). Looking forward to seeing more!
face23.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks soooo much Rita, AlJ, Ally, Tacori, Leila, BrightSpot, and AmantdeChat!!!

Al, that story is great, I was totally grinning like a fool during the whole honeymoon...still am, actually. Hehe! I forgot that you have a Rich....mine's a Rich too! :) Richard, actually, but he goes by Rich too.

Leila, yes I did use a silk rose. I bought a sprig of silk roses at Wal-Mart of a all places, got one of those little 99 cent hair comb things (made by Goody) at Wally World too, hot glued the flower on, and voila!!! Instant bridal hair flower! hehe. My mom actually did my hair since our hairstylist was outta town...I think she did a great job!!

I'm still waiting on the pro pics...I can't wait to share 'em with you guys!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look lovely! What a pretty dress, cannot wait to see more pictures!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! It''s so great that you got married at your parents new house-- nice sentimental touch. The getaway car is terrific-- that''s exactly what I''d want. Love the antique cars.
36.gif

DL

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you guys make a gorgeous couple! Your babies are going to be SO cute when you bring them home to mom and dad in the big new house!!

Congratulations and best wishes for a happy marriage!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 9:47:17 PM
Author: HOUMedGal

Al, that story is great, I was totally grinning like a fool during the whole honeymoon...still am, actually. Hehe! I forgot that you have a Rich....mine''s a Rich too! :) Richard, actually, but he goes by Rich too.
Yep, I have a Rich too......also short for Richard.
1.gif
And yeah, I grinned thorugh the whole honeymoon too. The whole time, I was like "I cannot BELIEVE I''m MARRIED. I can''t believe I''m on a HONEYMOON!" So surreal!
9.gif

In fact, another funny tidbit. My sister--only sibling--also married a Richard, but he goes by Rick.

You cannot imagine how confused my poor mother gets.....trying to keep straight who goes by Rich and who goes by Rick. LOL
2.gif
Most of the time, it''s not an issue because my sister/BIL don''t live in the area, but when she''s just spoken to them or they''ve been here for a visit....!!!! Crazy.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, your poor mom! Rich, Rick, only one letter, but a world of difference! hehehe.

Still riding the honeymoon high....aaaahhhhhhhhh
30.gif

I started a new thread in Brides Worldwide with the pro pics!!! They were posted online today!!
36.gif

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Awww your pics are awesome...I love "The Kiss" shot...so passionate...
Your bloke is English...? Mine too...!
Congrat''s I love your pics - you looked beautiful...
21.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
So that''s why you refer to him as your bloke! hehehe! Yep, my hubby grew up in Ashford, and has been in the states for 4 years now! How bout yours??

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh what a beautiful bride you were and your hubby is so handsome. You two are adorable together. Congratulations to you both.

Linda

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I love your dress and hair, and how cool is it that you did it at home! Best wishes with everything!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks PeonyGirl and LindaW! :)

BTW, my thread with the pro pics had to go because the link was against the rules, but I''ll start a new thread with my fav pro pics when I get the photo CD!!!

Chi

Shiny_Rock
HOUMedGal - oooh soo cute we have English men as hubby''s...
21.gif

Ashford - where about is that in the UK?? My geography escapes me...
23.gif

My bloke is originally from Leicester - the midlands...but we met in London...we both were living there a few years ago..we are currently living in Toronto and heading back to Oz via the UK for three weeks in September...do you go to the UK often...?
I remember reading your wedding blog you two met at Uni and thought he was a young professor...gosh I hope I got the story right!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Oooh you two are sooo cute CONGRATS
9.gif
CONGRATS
9.gif
CONGRATS
9.gif
CONGRATS
9.gif
CONGRATS

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You are a beautiful couple!
jen

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Jen!! :)

Chi, Ashford is east and a little south of London...it''s on the EuroStar line. And yep, we met at uni here (he came here for his PhD) and he was my Physics lab TA! hehe! I''ve only been to the UK once (we went 2 years ago) but I can''t wait to go again and see more of it! I''m sure we''ll go at least once a year or so to see his mom and sister. Enjoy your trip in September!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results