shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate my wedding dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
Well not really but I think it''s not me. I bought it on a whim because the price was amazing. What should I do. Has anyone sold a wedding dress they changed their mind about?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, I''m sorry. I haven''t been in your situation, but there have definitely been plenty who have. Can you afford a new dress up front in case the one you have doesn''t sell for a while? Do you have enough time to get a new dress, and have you found one you''re interested in?

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Are you sure you''re not just having cold feet? What is it about the dress you don''t like? You said in your other thread that you got a Monique Lhuillier at the Saks sale. I''m sure you can post it on eBay, preownedweddingdress.com, or oncewed.com if you really want to sell it.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, I''m sorry you feel that way. I looked at your previous posts and I''m not clear; did you end up buying the amsale?

I know a lot of women who second guess their decision. ebay, craigslist, preownedweddingdresses...They are full of dresses like that!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Cut your losses, sell it and be done with it. This is your one day to feel fabulous, you don''t want to wear a dress that doesn''t make you feel stunning, just because it was cheaper. I wouldn''t want to regret my dress, it''s too important.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 5:51:56 PM
Author: honey22
Cut your losses, sell it and be done with it. This is your one day to feel fabulous, you don''t want to wear a dress that doesn''t make you feel stunning, just because it was cheaper. I wouldn''t want to regret my dress, it''s too important.

Yes, it''s YOUR day to shine. If the dress is starting to feel "not you", get something different! I ended up w/2 dresses b/c the original dress was not working to be altered down to my size, and they kept trying and trying to fix it, but it just did not work. 2 weeks before the wedding I was out scrambling for a new one-got the perfect dress and I felt beautiful! The last thing you need is stress about how you''ll look in the dress!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
are you sure you really don''t love it anymore? Do you have it in your posession to try on and make sure? I was convinced that I HATED my gown for a little while. It was during the inbetween time after I ordered it and before my first fitting. When I tried it on at the fitting, I fell in love again and remembered why I bought it.

If you really don''t love it though, and you are sure about that, I would definitely sell it and buy a new one. Its the only day in your life that you need to feel perfect and if you don''t you will regret it for the rest of your life (sorry to sound so dramatic- but I think its really important to LOVE your gown and not settle)

Good luck!!

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
panda - yes I did buy a Monique Lhuillier. I think I was inlove with the fabric (I''m a sucker for fabric) and the price. I like the design but it''s a bit too bridal for me.

choro72 - no it''s not the Amsale. If it was that dress I''d be crying tears of joy. There was another amsale dress I like alot that was about 1500 less than the one I posted.

Packrat & Honey22 - I think I am going to try to sell it. I have plenty of time to try to get it sold and buy another one.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DIL bought a dress on impulse and ended up selling it on ebay and getting her dream dress.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Please post photos of the dress. Perhaps it can be altered to be closer to what you are looking for?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I second the alteration idea, of course depending on the style of the dress. I don''t love my wedding dress, but I''m altering it to make it more of my style. Perhaps yours would be amenable to some key alterations (straps/neckline, back height, train length, etc.?).

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
I can''t find pics online. I called the flagship store and I was told this model was not ready for the runway show and was therefore not photographed. They only have a sketch.

My FI said there is enough money in the budget for me to just buy a new one. I hope I can get rid of this dress. I''d hate to have it go to waste. And I''d hate to have wasted $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results