shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate maul stores...dishearted after a WB search...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So,
I am getting an upgrade to one of the GOG new chunky cushions! YAY! But with the wedding about a month away...I"m in need a of WB that fits me and is more than the 30.00 we paid at wally world. They said it was a 4 when we paid the 30.00 for it...but when I put it on...well...it didnt come back off. It was stuck. So, its been stuck there since early Nov. and my hubby said I can get my "real" wedding band. I didnt really have much of a budet...but I was hoping to stick around the 500-700.00 range.

So...I go to Jared. Everything they have their is filled with carbon spots and is way overpriced for a dalmation spotted WB. They have a pretty diamond and sapphire band...round diamonds...princess cut sapphires...but the sapphires are a wee bit dark.
Now, knowing that I dont have 1K to drop on a band beacuse of the upgrade I say to myself "dont be to picky"

So i ask the lady if they have any other sapphire bands that are a lighter blue. OMG...the lady says to me, "Oh so you like the lab created sapphires"....I''m like...Ummm no...just a lighter blue please, not to dark. She proceeds to "inform me" that "real/natural" sapphires are always that dark because they are more "pure" and the lab created ones are less pure and so they are lighter in color.
38.gif
40.gif
33.gif

Now...if I follow that logic...that doesnt even make any since. Why would they create a less "pure" lab sapphire? They wouldn''t, they would create a more "pure" meaning they would be better quaity that the almost black junk she was showing me.

Now...I have no clue what she was talking about...she was confusing me with this "pure" "Unpure" thing...so I just said...whatever.
33.gif
14.gif

I proceed to another store...a local store, small, family owned. They have JUNK more expensive than jared. They proceed to LIE to me and tell me that they can size the carbon spotted channel set half eternity diamond band to any size...even a 4 without compromising the setting...I ran out of there very quickly.
32.gif

Finally...since I had the day off...I hit Thomas Markel, a high end local store...I figure since they sell rolex...maybe they have some un-spotted carbon diamond bands. They also sell hearts on fire...so at least I know they''ll have some quality.

Well...I found a band...its pretty with 1/3 ctw in an 18K WG setting...channel set...1600.00!!!!
6.gif
I about sh** myself!

So...I emailed Lesley and Brian.

Thankfully they have 2 rings that may work for me and can be safely sized to a 4 and are both in my 500.00 budget. one is a .25 ctw diamond band right at my budget and the other one is a .60 ctw of sapphires, lower than my budget.

I''m awaiting pictures now...so keep your fingers crossed for me!
4.gif

What on earth do I say to someone who tells me that only lab created sapphires are not that super dark blue...i mean...WTF?
38.gif
33.gif
40.gif

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! That sapphire NONSENSE she was feeding you has got to be some of the funniest maul BS I''ve ever heard. "Oh, you must like fake sapphires since you don''t like our crap dark black sapphires..." ROFLMAO!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Pricescope to the rescue!!!

Shocking tales of maul stores :) We should create a PS horrors book

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 5:14:23 PM
Author:redrose229
What on earth do I say to someone who tells me that only lab created sapphires are not that super dark blue...i mean...WTF?
38.gif
33.gif
40.gif
There really is nothing else to do but smile and say "Thank you so much for educating me."
9.gif
11.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 5:42:50 PM
Author: musey

Date: 4/20/2009 5:14:23 PM
Author:redrose229
38.gif
33.gif
40.gif
There really is nothing else to do but smile and say ''Thank you so much for educating me.''
9.gif
11.gif

I know right! I was like...um...maybe I should print out some sapphire education and bring it to her!

Oh the bright side, I got offered a job at the high end jewelery store! I would love to work there but I dont think I have the time!

Still waiting on the pics from brian and lesley...I''ll post when I have them!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Jared people is crazy, one thing is that they sell bad quality stones, but another thing is to lie the client saying black saphires are the good ones,, I''m glad you run away
9.gif

Can not wait to see the pictures of the new choises that you have.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, got the email from Lesley with the new rings. They are very pretty...but they are prong set...and I tried a lot of those on today and they were very uncomfortable for me! They irratated the sides of my other fingers!

Saph-1.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the diamond one

DIA-1.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
They do "irritate" aka "feel weird" for the first 48 hours, then you get used to them and don''t even feel them. Trust me.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m glad to hear that Brian and Lesley have some options for you - sorry about your bad experience though! Finger crossed the new options are what you''re looking for
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow redrose! Both of those rings are beautiful! I wonder if perfectpear is right?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous!
Do you happen to know the price of the sapphire one? I really like that one!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Not all maul stores are full of idiots, but it sucks that you seemed to find every single moron in your city! Wow!

The prong set eternities can bug you, but you really do get used to them after a day or do. Plus I bet the prongs are super smooth anyway, if they are coming from Brian and Lesley
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
What about this band from Whiteflash? It''s prong set, but just at the top where the diamonds are so it shouldn''t irritate the sides of your fingers. And it''s in budget.

Matching Band for Petite Open Cathedral $595 in 18k WG

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 8:34:55 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
They are both gorgeous!
Do you happen to know the price of the sapphire one? I really like that one!
I think its 385 and its full eternity w/ .60 ctw of sapphires.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I''m a September birthday and I always thought I hated sapphires because I had only seen the blackish greenish kind they sell in non-online jewelry stores.
I''ve been excited to see BLUE sapphires recently at places like thenaturalsapphirecompany.com and others that I found on this board and maybe eventually I''ll get a sapphire.
I''ve also seen some pretty yellows.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it is gorgeous
30.gif
, and that is a nice price!
Good luck finding your wedding band...I am sure that you will find your dream one!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
You really did find every moron in your city, didn''t you? LOL!

I really like that band from Brian Gavin!

Let''s see, wedding bands that aren''t prong set that fall in the 500 -700

1. I freely admit I''m totally biased on this one: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/-Danielle--3-4-Diamond-Jazz-Bezel-Band_1386.htm

2. http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-and-anniversary/womens-wedding-rings/ring/item_63-2306.asp

3. http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Scattered-Diamond-Band_984.htm

4. http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-ring-white-gold_5232

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:41:07 PM
Author: EBree
What about this band from Whiteflash? It''s prong set, but just at the top where the diamonds are so it shouldn''t irritate the sides of your fingers. And it''s in budget.

Matching Band for Petite Open Cathedral $595 in 18k WG
I have this one and love it. No irritation whatsoever.
30.gif
I have pics somewhere if you want to see...

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these ideas are SO GREAT! Its also nice to know that you get used to the prong set style...but I also dont care for the look with my current e-ring setting. I''vedecided that I can''t really choose a WB w/o my upgraded stone. Everything I''m looking at as far as ct weight looks good with my .85, and I have a feeling that I''d like a band with slightly larger stones after I get a 1.3-1.4 carat center stone. Some of the bands I try on I think...those diamonds are to small for my current stone...and so I dont want to buy a band that looks nice with this stone and have that same feeling after I get my upgrade!
These will come in handy though in a few weeks though! Jonathan said they are still looking for the right rough for my diamond....its exciting to think a diamond is being cut JUST FOR ME! YAY!
36.gif

I LOVE THE FACETS COLLECTION! You just found me my next ring after my wedding band! I just explained to my hubby what a "push" present is just in case he feel the need!
31.gif
27.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it is special that you are having a diamond cut especially for you!!! I can''t wait to see it!!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah
36.gif
Super Special! can''t wait for pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results