shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate comcast.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s all.

Thank you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad I am not the only one....
35.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I will thritto that. Nothing but problems and more problems.
38.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i had internet connection problem with them in the past,but seems to be o.k. now. they wanted to charge me $42 per month
23.gif
i offer them $25.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. I''m so glad that I moved out of Comcast''s range. AT&T U-Verse is worlds better.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, me too. Worst customer service EVER! Going to make the switch to U-verse soon...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Comcast is cable, right?

We just wrote a nasty complaint letter to our cable company because of their horrendous customer service. I think it was about 4 pages long, and detailed every way they screwed up and we had to waste time or effort. It was incredibly therapeutic! I highly recommend the nasty letter.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
We canceled services with Comcast in May for high prices and poor service. At the beginning of this month they sent a $250 bill. My FI called of course because we didn''t owe them anything, and they said "this may be an error". UGH!!
20.gif

Check your bills with them too; they LOVE to add extra charges on there for nothing!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I hate them too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE Comcast.

We switched to U-Verse. We love it.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone else''s Comcast bill NEVER have a due date on it? Ours always says due "upon receipt" even though we are current. Then, they try to charge us a late fee because they tell us we paid late!?!? Our BIL''s bill has a due date, but he receives the bill about 2 days before it''s due.

Also, they refuse to even talk to you about service unless you have a balance of $0 on your account, even if you are not past due. Infuriating!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Join the club.
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Switch to FIOS! You won''t regret it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Amen.

May we add Consumer''s Energy to that list?

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Switched to Verizon Fios and never looked back...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another reason I flat out quit watching t.v.!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, I hate Cox. I got a HD TV this week, and getting the cable set up has been painful.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol Gypsy-is this in response to my recent emails?
3.gif
Sorry to bring out the rage in you!

And we ultimately decided that we are going to try DirectTV with ATT phone and internet. It''s not the best option ( I WISH we had Fios or U-Verse in our area) but their ratings are worlds better than Comcast (as rated by consumer reports). We''ll let you know how it works out...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got rid of Comcast years ago, nothing but trouble with it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree; our home phone no longer works and when Comcast comes out they say it is our wiring or that they are just not sure what is going. Our wiring worked fine when we had qwest; I probably switch back soon.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
We just switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios.

With Comcast, we had the following problems:

*internet would get slooooow (everyone in the neighborhood sharing same cable)
*modem would have to be restarted constantly or else wireless internet would die
*tv image would go wonky when switching from HD to normal and everything would be green/purple. I would have to turn off the cable box and wait a looooong period of time, and sometimes would have to repeat this several times
*cable just wouldn''t work several times a year

Why did I put up with all of this for so long?

No problems with Verizon thus far!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
so expensive, and everytime I actually want to watch something on demand, the service is down for some reason. I hate it too.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Their internet is the worst. I finally got a choice to change to ATT and it has never gone down, not once. With Comcast, I was constantly trying to make it come back up. I still have their cable TV, there is no choice.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Communistcast... I hate them.... they''re without a doubt the worst company I''ve ever had to deal with in terms of customer service.

When I lived in an apartment they disconnected my cable by mistake (neighbor did not pay their bill). Even though I called to report it the same day it still took them several days to come back and reconnect me (it was the Friday afternoon before a long holiday weekend). I was LIVID... that''s just one story of many...I could go on and on.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I lovehate them. Verizon was charging us well over $1000/month for our business service (a bazillion lines including several phone numbers that were never used, a "international exchange" number (which means you have an area code prefix from outside your area, charged BY THE MILE OUTSIDE THE AREA), long distance, internet, and all that stuff, set up by a former manager maybe ten years ago or so. (Our long distance rate was so bad, that when we called Oregon for one minute, we were charged $6.) When we bought the business in January our first order of housekeeping was to get the hell rid of Verizon. Trying to disconnect the service seriously was the biggest headache in the universe- they wanted a copy of our freaking TAXES to disconnect, as well as a bunch of other documents! WTF?? I eventually had to sic my father in law on them and they finally disconnected our service, but not without a lot of hoops and fights and major annoyance.

So, Comcast instead for phone, internet & TV. It's $200/month instead of $1200 or whatever Verizon was. But, it sucks. The credit card line goes down every so often, which always makes you look retarded in front of a customer. And I get "all circuits busy" fairly frequently when I call out. Like for an hour straight. And their customer service line makes me want to scream. (Less than Verizon did, but still...)

But. I will put up with it to save $1000 a month. And I hated Verizon much more, really.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Comcastic! NOT
Time Warner isn''t any better.

Huge fan of AT&T U-verse. Kinda have to keep my "love" for them mum during the workday, as I''m in the cable/telco/satellite biz.

But as a consumer, I''m the first one to sing the praises of the Telcos/their video services and kick cable to the curb.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
argggg! Me too. This is the reason why DH and I do not have TV. We refuse to do business with them and they are our only option in the area we live. Doesn''t make a difference to their company, but they caused us soooo much frustration that we had to cancel our cable.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 1:28:02 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Comcastic! NOT
Time Warner isn''t any better.

Huge fan of AT&T U-verse. Kinda have to keep my ''love'' for them mum during the workday, as I''m in the cable/telco/satellite biz.

But as a consumer, I''m the first one to sing the praises of the Telcos/their video services and kick cable to the curb.

We''ve had U-Verse since we moved in a year ago and we HATE it! Our service is terrible. The Internet and cable go out very often, and most of the time the programs we record are interrupted so we get half of a show and then miss the rest. Ugh.

It also took them TWO DAYS to install the cable when we first moved in. The first employee was in our house for nine hours, couldn''t get it working, and then a second guy came in the next day and spent seven hours in our house. We fed them a lot of meals!

Maybe it''s just our area, but I would NEVER recommend AT&T U-Verse to anyone around here. I wish it was better.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
We just switched from Cox to Verizon Fios for our cable and internet and we
30.gif
it. There are way more channels than I will ever watch, but the internet is fast and the HD cable is great. It''s expensive, but so was our Cox bill.

Also, since it''s fiber optics, it takes a good while for them to install everything if your house is new to Fios. I guess that''s what happens with new technology, though. I think the technician was here for 4-5 hours, and they didn''t give us a set time for him to arrive, so it took up our whole day. But now our house is all set and we won''t have to go through that again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results