shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate being the bad guy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
So, I''m no longer waiting to be a LIW.. I broke up with the BF today. I don''t want to go into too many details but I''m basically just tired of waiting and asking for him to grow up. It''s not fair to either of us for me to expect him to change or try to change him. I have had a lot of things happen lately that made me realize exactly what was making me unhappy and how nothing was changing. I think it just took me forever to actually admit all of this to myself.. Even though he was sitting there saying "I won''t change!!" Afterall, we had talked about getting married and our future and everything.. How do you walk away from that?? Ugh.. So, back to the single life for me. The really sad part is I''m kind of ok with it all.. I thought long and hard about just talking to him again and giving him another chance and telling him this was it.. but in the end I realized that I wouldn''t be upset if he said ok, I''m not doing that and I''m out. That''s when I knew it needed to end...
38.gif
Alright, so how about some single lady dust?? Not for another relationship at the moment, just for good times with good friends right now...

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
mucho hugs and some major single lady dust (side note, that got single ladies'' dance stuck in my head)

sorry you had to go through all that but it sounds like you made the best decision for both of you, and most definitely for yourself. kudos for being so strong and knowing yourself and your worth and being able to walk away from something that wasn''t going to do you any good. i vote that you and your girlfriends have an amazing spa day. and martinis.

thatsthegirl212

Rough_Rock
I''m so sorry but it really does sound like you made the right decision, especially if you realized that you are okay with the breaking it off. I wish you all the ''single'' sparkly dust you can take! Now is the time to reconnect with yourself and have a wonderful time bonding with friends, it makes the world of difference.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I''m very sorry
7.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparklyheart,
Lots of dust your way! Now is the time for you and your friendships.
At the right time, you will find an equal heart full of sparkles that is perfect for you.
It sounds like you did the right thing and have a good head on your shoulders.
Good luck!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
It takes a lot of guts to do what you did. Good for you!

His loss!
25.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls for the support and dust! It took a long time to realize I wasn''t just being picky and that I was upset over real deal-breaking issues..

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Ouch, that always hurts. What you will realize is that when you meet a man DESERVING of you, you will appreciate him even more. And he will appreciate you for you, being a strong independant woman and all that you are!

Good luck you did the right thing, we are here for ya!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you had to make that hard decision. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hugs, dust and high five for being strong and true to yourself!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
hugs and lots of luck to you!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Good for you. It takes a lot of courage to change once you realize it''s time to move on.

Lots and lots of special single *dust* your way.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
HUGS! and DUST! Get out there and pal around with the gals. It''s time for some you time!
4.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Big hugs! It takes a lot of courage and self-awareness to make a decision like that.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Good on you for taking a look at your life and seeing what needed changing for you to be happy- it takes alot to do that so you should be really proud of yourself.

I wish you all the best for the future
1.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Sparklyheart, you are brave and did the right thing. Take time to heal, but this is also an opportunity for you to start afresh. What helped me when I split from my ex-boyfriend, back when I was a lurker on these boards, was to read the many wonderful stories of women here who ended a bad relationship only to come back later with a much, much better one. You''ll look back on this in a couple of years and realise it was the best decision you ever made.

Hugs and take care of yourself.

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear that sparklyheart. You say the sad part is that you seem to be ok with it... thats because deep down you know you''re doing the right thing for yourself. I wish you all the best for the future!
**HUGS & DUST**

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry hun. Hang in there.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 8:25:26 PM
Author: tigian
Hi Sparklyheart,
Lots of dust your way! Now is the time for you and your friendships.
At the right time, you will find an equal heart full of sparkles that is perfect for you.
It sounds like you did the right thing and have a good head on your shoulders.
Good luck!

Ditto to all of this!!

You are a rock star for being strong, smart, and honest with yourself.

Lots of dust and hugs coming at you!

CristinaRuns26.2

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry to hear! But, it does sound as if you made the right decision for yourself. Take the time to heal, spend time with family and friends, surround yourself with a good support system.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and *dust* for good times to come! Hang in there
1.gif

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about this, Sparklyheart. (((HUGS))) My motto is "Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with". Remember that it''s better to be single than to be with someone who makes you miserable.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy being single, and embrace this as a positive step and growing experience. Was it George Carlin who once said that the difference between men and women is that when men get married they hope their woman will never change, but when women get married they think the man will change? You did the right thing.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about that SH!
7.gif
But on the otherhand it sounds like something you needed to do if it wasn''t going the way you had hoped. Hang in there, the right guy will come along eventually!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{HUGS}}}} and lots and lots of *DUST*!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A lot of single ladies dust for you!
36.gif

It takes a lot of guts to take charge of your own destiny, way to go!
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you had to go through that but in the end it is his loss. It sounds like you know where you want to be, and he just isn''t there. I''m hoping you have lots of fun, but do stick around and keep posting.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
huge hugs! and some single lady dust! **

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 10:00:27 AM
Author: chiapet
Sorry to hear about this, Sparklyheart. (((HUGS))) My motto is ''Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with''. Remember that it''s better to be single than to be with someone who makes you miserable.
That sums this all up perfectly. Thank you girls so much.. Y''all are amazing!! I definitely plan on sticking around for awhile even if I''m not a LIW (hey I post in BWW and I''m not one of those either!)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so sorry to hear this! break-ups are always so sad to hear about. i think you''re a strong and smart woman for realizing the difference between being picky and what was your deal-breakers. major kudos to you for sticking up for what was best for you. *HUGS* and sending tons of single-lady *DUST* your way! we''re here for you!

elation

Rough_Rock
My heart goes out to you, sparklyheart! Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus and wish you all the best in the future, you deserve that lifetime of love and happiness. I admire you for your courage to step back into singledom and the decision to stay true to yourself!

All the best, ...but I have a feeling you will be just fine.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results