carat
color
clarity

I hardly ever check the news anymore

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every story is Covid-19, body counts and tRump stupidity. :nono:

The situation sucks, but it is what it is, and I'm already doing everything I should.

Maybe I'll check the CDC and WHO site now and then for factual undramatic updates, but the regular news? :snooty:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every story is Covid-19, body counts and tRump stupidity. :nono:

The situation sucks, but it is what it is, and I'm already doing everything I should.

Maybe I'll check the CDC and WHO site now and then for factual undramatic updates, but the regular news? :snooty:

It's a joke. It's like there is literally nothing else in the world happening :rolleyes:

I've actually been watching RT - russian-funded and actually presents an alternative view from the leftie BBC, along with news of things other than CV19.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here. I try to hear as little "news" as possible. I do get some info but for the most part I try not to watch. I do receive texts from NY and NJ so I stay current as to the "rules" as they apply to my states. But other than that not much.

We are catching up on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and other cable channels. As well as Scrabble and Card playing. Not to mention playing with our furry babies and listening to lots of music. Definitely beats the news or lack thereof.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not watch the news on TV or radio.
Once a day I go to a local news website to check our states positive cases. That's it.

This has lowered my stress level quite a bit.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually wonder if this will help people realise that constant rolling updates from the news and social media is not good for one's health, but I won't hold my breath... lol

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually wonder if this will help people realise that constant rolling updates from the news and social media is not good for one's health ...

Why don't the news outlets report THIS?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read the daily numbers, and whatever our PM has put in place that day. Sometimes I get a bit more, but I stick to local-ish news only.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I check the headlines from time to time and read a few stories which seem like they may be factual and not political(about 1 in 500).
I have been checking the covid cases by county for il website several times a day to see what is happening in my county.
13 cases as of tonight, its been going up by 1 or 2 a day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why don't the news outlets report THIS?

There is a young man missing in Wellington (missing people still in usual times make the news here), very out of character and its now been a week. he was last known to be in a large big box hardwear store as the news came through as the PM imposed the lock down
the missing gentleman suffers from depression and his family fear the stress has been too much for him

All this 24 hour news of Covid 19 is not healthy for mental health
The news i watch and the 2 sources of news i get from within my country screen mainly all covid 19 related NZ news - there is bearly any room for international news
in the age of the internet we now know many people from parts of the world we have never actually been too
But im worried about all of you too
i want to know what's happening in other countries
My Bruce Springsteen message board has 2 main threads pinned for covid 19
i have to go and cry
3500 Air NZ staff laid off
One of our biggest and healthy companies
they had been just about to start direct flights to NYC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results