shape
carat
color
clarity

I had my first fitting today!!! (long)(pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
An acquaintance of my mom''s had recommended a place for alterations. Their prices seemed really good and the woman on the phone seemed really friendly so I made an appointment back in April for today. My dress doesn''t need a lot of alterations (just to be taken in a bit and a bustle) so I figured it wouldn''t be a big deal.

This lady was horrible! She kept telling me that it couldn''t be taken in (it needs about an inch on each side, not major reconstruction!) and her big fix was to lace it ridiculously tight and add cups below my boobs to make it fit better. The cups looked really bad the way she was doing it and I was not getting a good feeling from her at all. She said if I was going to have her take it in at all I''d have to sign a waiver. I told her I wanted to speak to my mom for a minute. After she left I told my mom there was NO WAY I was leaving the dress with this lady. She obviously had no idea what she was talking about and I didn''t trust her with my dress. I told her I knew of a really good seamstress who was probably a bit more expensive, but I trusted her to do the dress and that''s where we were taking it. (I went a bit bridezilla...)

So my mom went out and started apologizing to this lady saying that she knew that I was overreacting and that she trusted this woman''s judgement, but that I was being obnoxious (this isn''t word for word since I was getting really pissed off at this point) and insisting we take the dress somewhere else. I was really annoyed at my mom for doing that. All she had to do was say that we wanted to get a second opinion and that''s it. Ugh. My mom is driving me crazy, but that''s for another post I guess.

The second seamstress was awesome. I got a much better vibe from her. She wasn''t there initially when I came into the store, but I explained the woman who was that I''d made a special trip out from OH (my parents live in PA and that''s where the wedding is) for today only just for a fitting with this other place and they were awful and could they please please squeeze me in because I''d seen some amazing work they''d done (They completely reconstructed the top of a BM dress for a friend of mine. It had to have been at least twice as large as she needed it and it came out looking perfect and just like all the other BM dresses). She called her partner who handles the wedding dresses and got her to come in on her day off a few hours later. They were all so nice and were bending over backwards for me. I''m so happy I insisted on switching places. They''re going to be able to take it in no problem. They are adding cups to fill out part of the chest that is unable to be taken in, but the way they''re doing it looks good as opposed to the way the other place was doing it.

So, without further ado, here are the pics!

fffrontnoveil.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Back with no veil...

ffbacknoveil.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
front with the veil

fffrontveil.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Side with veil

ffsideveil.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Back with veil

ffbackveil.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
YOUR A TRUE PRINCESS! WOW PRETTY

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I love love love
30.gif
my dress and I love how she''s doing my bustle! I can''t wait for my final fitting! I''m going to try to schedule my hair and makeup trial for that day.

Hopefully I''ll remember to get a picture of the train at the next fitting.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 9:43:42 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
YOUR A TRUE PRINCESS! WOW PRETTY
Thank you!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that''s a serious princess bridal gown! Wow...You look glowing in it too! You know, that skirt reminds me of an upside down tulip in terms of the shape and drape of the skirt (I mean that in a good way!). It''s actually a rather unique dress, isn''t it? I''ve never really seen one like that before. Wow!
21.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous! (And so happy!) Your dress is like a fairy princess ballgown-I love it! BTW, I like the new hair and brows...I kept meaning to comment in the other thread.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks surfgirl! I can definitely see the upside down tulip now that you mentioned it. One of the things that I love about it is that I haven''t seen too many like it.

Thing2of2, thanks! I was really happy by the time we were taking these pictures. I feel really confident in the new seamstress and I was able to just enjoy wearing my dress
1.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
LOVES IT!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s the perfect dress for you Cinderella!
2.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
robbie,
you DO look like a princess!
beautiful
36.gif
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fancy, Gypsy and Labbie!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Robbie you look soooo pretty, and yes very much like a princess in your lovely dress!!!
36.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, You look BEAUTIFUL! Love the dress!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Robbie! LOVE the box pleats! I tried on a rum pink box pleated gown at David''s just for fun, it turned out to be my mom''s favorite dress on me, it''s just a stunning look, but I had a Sunday afternoon outdoor ceremony and it just wasn''t the right look for that....I still wish i could''ve gotten married twice just to have been able to wear that gown!
30.gif

You look fabulous in it, your FI is going to be one googly eyed guy, and the rest of your audience as well. Congrats!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome! Everything is coming together!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OH Robbie, you look so happy and B E A U T I F U L in your dress! I''m sorry about your bad experience with your first seamstress. How awesome that the second one was so accomodating.
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-you look fabulous!! I adore your dress-it really is so unusual!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray Robbie! You look dynamite and the dress is out of this world! I love the detailing!

Keep smiling!
Jackie

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kaleigh, Marvel, Monarch, Tacori, Loveinbloom, bee and jas!

Sorry for the short response, but the FILs are coming over today and our place is a mess!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Way to stand your ground! You look so happy and beautiful in your ball gown!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dress is amazing and judging by the look on your face you are very happy with it!! Well done on a beautiful choice!!!
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Good for you for having the sense to follow your instincts! I''m sure it will come out beautifully.

The veil is a perfect complement to the dress, too! You look fantastic.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look like a princess! I love your dress Robbie!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
You look like a princess! So pretty!
1.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
It looks really great, Robbie! Are you wearing a hoop skirt, or is that all crinoline? It''s very southern belle!
1.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You look beautiful!!!! and you have the tiniest waist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your huge smile! Your FI is going to drop when he sees you!!!!!!!

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results