shape
carat
color
clarity

I guess I found my baby! What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ootori227

Rough_Rock
Hello, everyone! Some of you may remember me asking about upgrading question before.
I need you opnion on a stone I found on WF website, please.

My stone is ACA 1.3carat from Whiteflash and I love it very much but I have been having this
condition called '' diamond shrinkage syndrome'' for a while, and I decided to cure my problem by trading my old stone
with a bigger stone.
31.gif

Here is what I found on WF website and put it on hold.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1158449.htm

What do you think?
Color K is fine with me because I already have one and it is beautiful.
As for fluorescense, it is medium blue but Lesley says it''s well cut and eye clean.

I appreciate if you all give me any comment on this stone before I make a final decision.
It''s on hold for only 24 hours so I don''t have much time left.

Thank you everybody!
35.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d go for it. It looks awesome!!! I would LOOOOVE the fluor.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
What''s not to love?
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE FLUOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should go for it. I''m a big fan of fluro.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, babeeeee, YEAH!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Woweeeee!!! Gorgeous stone! Don''t forget pics!!!!

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
Looks very promising. The GIA report seems to be very clean for an SI1 grade, which is great. Is the stone a new addition to the WF inventory? I ask because I didn''t see any "hearts" or magnified images of the actual stone.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 6:55:51 PM
Author: rcrosier
Looks very promising. The GIA report seems to be very clean for an SI1 grade, which is great. Is the stone a new addition to the WF inventory? I ask because I didn''t see any ''hearts'' or magnified images of the actual stone.

Rob, are you linking to the same stone as the OP? That cert is an AGS cert not GIA cert, dated 16th July, which is why there are no hearts images yet - it''s likely to have just come into WF. They get new batches of stones every few weeks/months so it takes a while for all the info to come up. My stone went online before all the hearts images etc were loaded up, they took a bit longer to come online.

Just a side note, you can''t determine the clarity from the grading report. It can look great on paper but not so great in real life, so it''s always important to check with the vendor if a SI stone you are considering is eyeclean.
1.gif

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
Can somebody please clarify......I thought a med blue stone couldn''t be an ACA?
If it can, that would be great!

The stone is gorgoeus!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 8:27:32 PM
Author: funtobewith
Can somebody please clarify......I thought a med blue stone couldn''t be an ACA?

The stone is gorgoeus!

34.gif
Good point! Maybe Alison can chime in here on this one? I would say however that medium fluoro in a K stone would be an advantage, and if it''s got the tick of approval from Brian then it should be a stunner.

ootori227

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks everyone for your comment on my diamond!!
35.gif

Kelli,purrfectpear,Linda W,Kaleigh,Lynn B,honey22,rcrosier,mercoledi,funtobewith---I am relieved to hear positive comments from you all!
36.gif

funtobewith, I did not know that a med blue stone could not be an ACA. I love to hear what Brian has to say about it.

rcrosier, You are right about missing actual picture and ''hearts''. I emailed Lesley and asked of them. Thanks for letting me know that! It is a new stone. It was posted sometime over the weekend.

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 10:50:15 PM
Author: ootori227
Wow! Thanks everyone for your comment on my diamond!!
35.gif

Kelli,purrfectpear,Linda W,Kaleigh,Lynn B,honey22,rcrosier,mercoledi,funtobewith---I am relieved to hear positive comments from you all!
36.gif

funtobewith, I did not know that a med blue stone could not be an ACA. I love to hear what Brian has to say about it.

rcrosier, You are right about missing actual picture and ''hearts''. I emailed Lesley and asked of them. Thanks for letting me know that! It is a new stone. It was posted sometime over the weekend.
I figured it was new. They are pretty good about getting those up fast so you should be getting them soon! I''m sure the hearts will look amazing, the ACA diamond''s hearts always do. Congrats and good luck!

BrianTheCutter

Shiny_Rock

The stone is gorgoeus!

Good evening all, let me clarify!

In 1997, when A CUT ABOVE was created, there were stones that displayed fluorescence - faint, medium and even some with strong blue. As the brand evolved, I tightened up certain criteria and I excluded fluorescence.

The rough diamond market has changed in the last year and the availability of certain size rough and colors has become scarce or extremely expensive.

It amazes me that there has been no mention of the official price increase of between 10 - 15% by De Beers depending on sizes 2 weeks ago here on the forum, or maybe I missed it.
20.gif

These prices will filter into the market, if they have not done so already.
Certain product has or will become out of reach to more consumers.
We have sold K colors in the past, but very few.
Due to their favorable price point I have decided to allow faint to medium fluorescence in A CUT ABOVE with K colors only, as it is an additive and a plus to the way that the K color will face up.
The main criteria is that the stone is bright and the fluorescence does not create a hazy or milky effect in the stone.
This particular stone has everything it takes to qualify to be an A CUT ABOVE, and the fluorescence in this particular case is a real plus.
25.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 2:25:29 AM
Author: BrianTheCutter

The stone is gorgoeus!

In 1997, when A CUT ABOVE was created, there were stones that displayed fluorescence - faint, medium and even some with strong blue. As the brand evolved, I tightened up certain criteria and I excluded fluorescence.

The rough diamond market has changed in the last year and the availability of certain size rough and colors has become scarce or extremely expensive.

It amazes me that there has been no mention of the official price increase of between 10 - 15% by De Beers depending on sizes 2 weeks ago here on the forum, or maybe I missed it.
20.gif

Due to their favorable price point I have decided to allow faint to medium fluorescence in A CUT ABOVE with K colors only, as it is an additive and a plus to the way that the K color will face up.
The main criteria is that the stone is bright and the fluorescence does not create a hazy or milky effect in the stone.
This particular stone has everything it takes to qualify to be an A CUT ABOVE, and the fluorescence in this particular case is a real plus.
25.gif
Great info Brian and good to know!
5.gif

I have a K with med blue fluor from GOG, and I would definately be inclined to agree with you that it is an advantage.

This stone looks awesome Ootori, did you decide to get it?

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 2:25:29 AM
Author: BrianTheCutter

The stone is gorgoeus!

20.gif

25.gif
Thank you, Brian! Good to know!
36.gif

ootori227

Rough_Rock
Brian, thank you for your information. It was such an encouragement getting your positive opnion on my stone. Brian, if you are reading my reply, I appreciate if you give me an answer that I am going to write below regarding some spots on the surface of the diamond on the actual picture.

arjunajane, I am still thinking about it. Btw, I saw your stone. It is lovely!!

Now, they loaded an actual picture on the website. I am still waiting on ''Hearts''.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1158449.htm

I see some tiny spots on the surface and I was wondering what they are... are they inclusions?
I appreciate somebody answer my question on that.

Thanks!

funtobewith

Rough_Rock
Yes, they are inclusions.
Looks like the stone is reserved now. I hope by you.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like an incredible stone!!! As long as you are fine with the color, I say go for it!!!

ootori227

Rough_Rock
I went ahead and bought it. I am SO happy now! Thanks again for your encouragement!

funtobewith, I double checked with WF and they said the diamond is eye clean although there are some inclusion on the photo.

kcoursolle, thanks!
I can''t wait to see my diamond!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see finished pictu
30.gif
res!!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Cant wait to see finished pics!!!!!
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
it said the first one didn''t go thru---sorry about that
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results