shape
carat
color
clarity

I got the ring, now I need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joe M

Rough_Rock
I got my ring and I poted about it in the appropraite forum, now I need your help.

I am stuck on figuring out how I want to purpose. I want to suprise her but I want it to be private. Help my creative process get started.Thanks.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Start a little idea jam with yourself.

Is she outdoorsy?
Does she like adventure?
Does she prefer to dress up or go casual?
Is she heavily practical or romantic?
Is she more likely to laugh or cry after the question?
Any places or settings of particular significance in her life, your life, the lives of your families, or your relationship together?
When you think of a time when the two of you were having an absolutely unforgettable time, where were you?

Odds are in the course of reflecting a little on her and your life together, something will keep recurring in your mind. That's usually a good place to start.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I agree with AtlantaC. The most romantic proposa is knowing the other person.

My proposal (The Little Radiant That Could post on Show Me the Ring) was done when we BOTH needed to relax, and he knows I love the water. He proposed on a vista looking out at the ocean, AND he said the sweetest most heartfelt words he could think of (also because he was so nervous he forget his "speech"), but the little details were so me. I love Hersheys Kisses (alot!) and I ADORE champagne... things like that, the little details, made it so much more special!

Tell us about her!!!

Joe M

Rough_Rock
Nicrez I saw your thread it was great,Congrats. It actually made me look up the resort's website. I am greatful for your help. I just needed a creative boost.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Joe M...I am a big fan of private proposals. Nicrez, yours was exactly what I hope for in the near future (been dating my boyfriend for three years now...).

I agree that you need to use things that are special about her or things she loves in the proposal. I knew a guy who's girlfriend used to love to pick lint out of his belly button. So, he put the ring in his belly button and when they were snuggling, she found it. I know that's kind of weird, but my point of the story was that it was something that only meant something to them. To the rest of us, it doesn't really make sense.

Please do let us know what she likes...and maybe we can help further. Good luck!

-Sarah
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Sarah is so right! Those little intimate moments are the best to use! They make things much more special and memorable...What she loves can help you decided where or how to propose..

For instance, I have a friend who met his fiancee (to be) in Disney (where they interned a summer) and he is taking her back there for the proposal. We did tease him about getting a Mickey Shaped diamond...LOL

(sadly, he did not!) You can use a single round solitaire and put little rb earrings on either side, making the Mickey shape too!! LOL
9.gif
naughty.gif

You can always do it in a lovely park in your area, or a beautiful place architecturally...in a helicopter (TIE that ring donw to your hand or something! On a boat, on a rooftop, or a cliff with a view...in a natural cave where there's candles and a picnic set up...Either way, try to make it as much a surprise as possible. Women love to be surprised and see how much effort and work it took to do all this. It's like being fawned over for such a momentus day and it makes it overwelmigh enough to say nothing but YES!!
9.gif

DETAILS! DETAILS! DETAILS!!! find her favorite flower, her favorite food, spot, time of day, colors, music (or song) and try to encorporate that into the whole plan...Good luck!!!

Joe M

Rough_Rock
Here is a short list of the things she likes:
The ocean
She is a cake decorator
anything romantic

I cant think of anything that would relate to a purposal that she likes. She really likes the ocean, so I might do something at the beach. Maybe Monterey, I dunno.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Beach proposals are always nice. I would love to figure out how to work in the cake decorating thing...maybe you could decorate a cake that says...Will You Marry Me? Or you could call and place an order for a cake...then when you come in to pick it up, she will see that its message was for her.

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
oooh... good idea. have someone else order it, but under your name. (that way no-one recognizes your voice). then when you pick it up, open it up, spin it around, drop to one knee:

fireworks...

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Yep...I say that would be a great way to do it!!!

Joe M...do let us know what you decide to do.

Joe M

Rough_Rock
I think this is what I am going to do. I hope she doesnt stumble upon this forum, and find this post.
1.gif

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
don't we all... don't we all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results