shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my dress!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Just wanted to share...I got my dress yesterday!! My sister and I had an appt at Kleinfeld in NYC ( I orginally made the appt because they were having an Amsale trunk show, and I LOVE Amsale). I was completely nervous going there...I have heard some horror stories about nasty saleswomen/pressure tactics, etc. But, I figured I would give it a whirl, not expecting at all to purchase anything...

Well, the experience was wonderful- I had a very nice saleswoman (who felt like family)- she was honest, and had a great eye. I only tried on about 6 or 7 gowns in all. The dress we picked was the final one that I tried. And when I put it on, my sister got tears in her eyes...she was like, "OMG, D, that's it!!!!"

So, without further ado, here is my dress!! These are just pics from the website...I dont have any pics of myself in the dress-they wouldn't allow them... Its Justina McCaffrey's "Alexia II". The fabric and quality is so luxurious, its crazy. I can't wait to wear it! And, I never thought I would really be so excited over a dress!!!

jmalexia2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
The back of the dress...its just gorgeous...

jmalexia.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Close up of the back!!

jmalexia3.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! The same thing happened to me!

I love your dress!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is beautiful! Congratulations!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh YAY, Dani!, yay!!!!!!!!! The fabric looks just gorgeous, and I love the simplicity and elegance of the dress!! Can''t wait to see photos of you in it!

Between this and your stunning location, your wedding is going to be just picture-perfect!
36.gif

(And what a relief to get the dress out of the way, isn''t it?!)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous!

Congratulations on finding the one
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! I love that it''s simple on top and then it''s got some beautiful detail at the bottom, very stunning.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love the Alexia II! It's so gorgeous and Justina McCaffrey is an amazing designer. I tried it on as well and it was my number 1 dress for awhile. The fabric is like buttah! So silky soft with a subtle sheen, and it looks like the dress would be heavy but it's not at all. It's pure luxury.
1.gif
Anyways, congrats on finding your dress! You're going to be a beautiful bride and I can't wait to see pics of you in *your* dress!
36.gif
Take care!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, Dani, I''m so jealous that you got a Justina! It''s absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Can''t wait to see pictures of you in it. Congratulations on finding "the one"!
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it looks beautiful! Love it!!!! Can''t wait to see it on you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone, for your comments. I am really excited to wear my dress! I have to go back in Jan for a fitting, so I will try to sneak some pics in then...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked Klienfelds. Compared to a TON of bridal shops they are great-- and it''s a MUST for any bride within reasonable distance. (Bridal Garden, Marlton still has my vote for worst shop EVER). I LOVE your gown. YAY! Congrats!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh Dani - I love your dress! So simple, but elegant. I tried on a JM dress too - the Christina, and absolutely loved it! The fabric feels sooo good! All her dresses are just beautiful! I just couldn't afford and justify the $3K+ price tag on a dress! When do you expect it in? Please post pictures when you do! I would love to see you in it!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Dani - gorgeous dress, congrats!!!
30.gif

I too had a surprisingly good time at Kleinfeld''s! I went just b/c I thought it would be a fun experience with no intention of buying, but my saleswoman was so nice, and brought me THE PERFECT dress (that she chose herself - I would never have taken it off the rack) for UNDER budget??? So I ended up buying there too! So glad you had a great experience & now have YOUR DRESS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies!

Radiantgirl- I know, I know, I definitley spent WAY TOO MUCH on this dress. But, it really is my dream dress, I just love it!!! I am only doing this wedding thing once, so I figured, WHY NOT??!!!
2.gif

Albi- I didnt know you went to Kleinfeld's!! I was stressing so much about going there- I have heard the horror stories, but thank goodness my experience was lovely, AND I found a dress! I have to go back next month for a fitting...but I dont mind taking a drive into the city at all...I love it there! By the way, which dress did you end up getting? Refresh my memory!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful dress! it sounds like you really found ''the one''! how exciting.
hopefully you can sneek some pics in jan!

congrats!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Belle!

I will definitely bring the camera with me and try to sneak in some pics in Jan when I go!!!
11.gif
2.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 1:23:08 PM
Author: Dani

Hehe, I know, I felt so important there, it was sooo much nicer than any of the other places I went and everyone was super friendly to me!

I got a Pronovias, but I haven''t posted pics here or described it b/c one of my fiance''s friends actually stumbled across PS looking for jewelry advice and then started copying things I''d said on PS to my fiance!!!! Soooo I''m paranoid. But I don''t think he''s been on PS for a long time, and I doubt he''d go to this much trouble, so I''ll tell you how to find a pic if you''re interested.
2.gif
Go to http://www.pronovias.com, click switch to english at the bottom, click on "2006 make your choice" on the left, then the Dreams collection, page 3 - mine is Jaguar!
9.gif
But as a disclaimer, it looks NASTY on the site & I''m altering it to be strapless. But the material is sooooo gorgeous and decadent and not sleazy like it looks on the model, I promise!
9.gif
Honestly, I really doubt I would have recognized that as being my dress if I didn''t happen to remember that the name was so ridiculous.
20.gif

But enough about me - YAY for your dress & your wonderful shopping experience!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pics from your fitting!!!!
9.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 1:28:28 PM

Wait, you already ordered it, right? For me, they let me take pictures the first day in the sample the second after I signed the contract. Hehe. They just want you to OWN it and then you can take as many pictures as you want! So just ask at your fitting & I''m sure they''ll let you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 1:36:23 PM
Author: albicocca

Date: 11/30/2006 1:23:08 PM

Hehe, I know, I felt so important there, it was sooo much nicer than any of the other places I went and everyone was super friendly to me!

I got a Pronovias, but I haven''t posted pics here or described it b/c one of my fiance''s friends actually stumbled across PS looking for jewelry advice and then started copying things I''d said on PS to my fiance!!!! Soooo I''m paranoid. But I don''t think he''s been on PS for a long time, and I doubt he''d go to this much trouble, so I''ll tell you how to find a pic if you''re interested.
2.gif
Go to http://www.pronovias.com, click switch to english at the bottom, click on ''2006 make your choice'' on the left, then the Dreams collection, page 3 - mine is Jaguar!
9.gif
But as a disclaimer, it looks NASTY on the site & I''m altering it to be strapless. But the material is sooooo gorgeous and decadent and not sleazy like it looks on the model, I promise!
9.gif
Honestly, I really doubt I would have recognized that as being my dress if I didn''t happen to remember that the name was so ridiculous.
20.gif

But enough about me - YAY for your dress & your wonderful shopping experience!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pics from your fitting!!!!
9.gif

I dont see it, ALbi!! I just went through every page of the Dream collection!
6.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 1:43:18 PM
I dont see it, ALbi!! I just went through every page of the Dream collection!
6.gif
Hehe it''s in 2006 Dreams! The collection names that show up when you go there are for 2007. Click on the 2006 link below and the 2006 collections will pop up. And sorry to put you through this!!! I totally wish I could post fun dress pics like everyone else!!
39.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh La La!
30.gif
Found it! Its very pretty! I can totally imagine it strapless- that material looks like it is to die for- you are going to be just gorgeous in it!
36.gif
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 1:52:38 PM
Oh La La!
30.gif
Found it! Its very pretty! I can totally imagine it strapless- that material looks like it is to die for- you are going to be just gorgeous in it!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
thanks!!! And you in yours too, that fabric is divine!! And I totally wish I could have gotten the buttons up the back, I looooove them!!!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE IT! Originally that was similar to the style I wanted, so happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results