shape
carat
color
clarity

I GOT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I had to post this.
I am shaking. I can't keep my hands still!!

I posted earlier about being sad about the discontinued Maggie Sottero "Raquel" dress, and I was looking for a similar dress!
I found it on ebay and placed a bid..I didn't think I would win it.

With 20 seconds to go, other ebayers placed bids above mine. I got all freaked out, and was trying as fast as I could to place a bid.....AND.......

WITH 5 SECONDS TO GO, I WON IT!!!

BRAND NEW!!! ONLY $455!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now all I need is that ring....(I'm a "patient" LIW!
3.gif
)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I got my Maggie brand new on ebay too. Are you going to tell your FF that you bought a dress?

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
It''s amazing what you can find on ebay!

I already told my FF that I got a dress. When he called this morning, he knew something was up. I was trying to hide my excitement...but didn''t do very well!
He just laughed and said " Awesome!"

I just can''t believe I won!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I know the feeling! I couldn''t find the Maggie I fell in love with for any cheaper than $1000 (even online!) until I found it on ebay. I think I won it for $400 something, but it was in England, so after shipping and insurance it was closer to $500. I was still so excited.

That''s awesome that your FF is happy about it. FI was very adament about me not even going to look at dresses until we were engaged. I didn''t go to any stores, but I definitely looked online...all day. Haha. I was job searching at the time so I had a lot of free time on my hands.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I know! I searched high and low and couldn''t find the "Raquel" dress - mainly because it is discontinued.
I thought I was seeing things when I found it on ebay! I couldn''t believe it!

I was glad he was happy for me! He''s not too concerned with me looking at dresses and possible reception locations before we are engaged. We both know it''s coming soon...by the end of the summer at the latest!

My dress is in the USA and I live in Ontario, Canada.
To save on shipping I had it sent to a UPS store right across the border in the US instead of to Canada. The UPS store is going to call me when it arrives and then I take a quick 20 minute drive to the store!

With shipping and insurance, my total was $556.59 Canadian!

WOO!!!!

What a deal!

36.gif

Robbie - I just found a pic of you in your Maggie dress. You look lovely!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, thanks! I hope you post pics once you pick yours up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results