shape
carat
color
clarity

I got in a car accident today :-(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I just got done meeting with a DOC and had just enough time till my next meeting another DOC to stop at sams and get our groceries we needed... I was pulling out into a median and stopped while a car went by and this lady RAMMED into the back of me with her big truck... I hit my head on the steering wheel and it broke my most beautiful sunglasses... :( I didnt go to the hospital because I figured it didnt seem too bad I wasnt bleeding or anything and I had my seatbelt on but I have a terrible headache and just a little dizzy... we had to wait for TWO hours for a FHP to get there... and there main office is like a mile down the road from where we got in the accident... I had to go buy ice to put on my frozen food so it didnt get ruined.. but luckily as soon as FI got out of class he came down to make sure I was okay and get the food..

Im lucky I didnt go flying into on coming traffic.. that would have been terrible...

The whole back of my car is messed up though.. gonna have to have the bumper replaced and the trunk door to my car (well hatch back i guess) and it was REALLY wobbly when I was driving.. FI think the frame might be bent or the alignment might be off... because she hit me hard.. but thank god i kept my foot on the brake but my head is killing me :(

Just send me some good vibes dust that my headache goes away and I dont need to go to the hospital and I know its silly but my sunglasses can be repaired... I know it seems silly but they are my favorite pair of sunglasses and the ones that I was wearing when FI proposed to me.. and I only saw them one time in a store since I bought them and they were originally $600 glasses I got for like $125 from Off Saks..I know it sounds really silly but i had the hardest time finding a pair of sunglasses that looked good on me (most look terribly awful) and for that amazing price.. i cant afford $600 glasses and they are pretty sentimental because FI helped me pick them out and I was wearing them when we got engaged...I know ya''ll think im crazy... but I did report it to the persons insurance so... lets hope..

ok ill stop rambling.. im just out of it right now... :(

but i count my lucky stars that the accident was worse than it was and I am alive! :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OMG BB!!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'm glad your ok other than a headache, broken sunglasses and a messed up car.

I hear you on the sunglasses thing. I've got sentimental feelings towards A LOT of things, even little things. I'm sure you can get them repaired if you think you can, or...maybe ebay?

***HUGS*** I'm glad your ok.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
BB!!! I''m so sorry! Glad you''re okay though.
32.gif

You really should go to the doctor. I know it''s a pain in the ass, but just in case something did happen, you can claim it on their insurance. Especially if you''re dizzy.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
BB...I''m glad you are ok and so sorry that this happened. I hope you got her insurance info. Anyway, feel better soon.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your crash.

Even though you feel fine I would go for a checkup just in case, you may need to claim it against your insurance later on. Better to be sure.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Aw I''m sorry BB that kind of thing really shakes you up! Get some rest and let your FI pamper you for a while. I hope you can get the sunglasses repaired or replaced - I totally understand the attachment!

{HUGS}

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BB I''m sorry about the glass and the accident. I know you hit your head and you think your fine, but you may/may not have a concussion so if your headache doesnt go away, I''d look online to see what you need to do for that. LINKY
Please check out the link, I''d hate to have something happen to you!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
BB, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident...and sunglasses! I'm going to echo Sunnyd and Honey and suggest you get checked out by a doctor. With the kind of impact you've described and the headache and dizziness you're experiencing you could have a concussion. Also, it's very likely that you'll feel really sore tomorrow and you'd want to have your bases covered, ya know?! Feel better soon ((((hugs))))

ETA: Looks like Stephanie and I were posting at the same time.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Ditto everyone, BB you better go check out your headache/backpain problem with the doctor!! Take care and hope you will get well soon!!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely go see the doc! For one thing, whenever there is a head or neck injury it''s prudent. Second, may soft-tissue injuries don''t show up right away. When you are rear-ended hard like that, you often have neck issues. This happened to me. The only way to be compensated for it is to have a report by a doctor.

I''m SOOOO glad you weren''t hurt badly!! What a pain in the neck (no pun intended).

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! Glad to hear you are OK but sorry that you got in an accident! Definitely go to the doctor. Especially with neck/back injuries, you may feel OK now but could be very messed up and in pain further down the road. A good friend of mine was in a bad car accident and to this day still has neck/back problems. Go get checked out!!! (and I totally would have claimed the sunglasses too
2.gif
)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 8:26:48 PM
Author: marchswallowbird
Absolutely go see the doc! For one thing, whenever there is a head or neck injury it''s prudent. Second, may soft-tissue injuries don''t show up right away. When you are rear-ended hard like that, you often have neck issues. This happened to me. The only way to be compensated for it is to have a report by a doctor.

I''m SOOOO glad you weren''t hurt badly!! What a pain in the neck (no pun intended).

Ditto, I am so glad your not seriously hurt but for a just in case go see the doc, neck injuries don''t always show up straight away.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see a doctor yet? I didn''t quite get that from your post...When I got into an accident (totalled my car) I felt fine that day. The next day I couldn''t even lift my head. It lasted at least a week. Don''t dismiss your situation yet! It may take a day to show symptoms.

(((hugs)))

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! So sorry to hear about that! Car accidents are awful!

I second everyone in saying you should still go see a doctor, and you should also go see a chiropractor. Car accidents can really mess up your neck/back and it''s best to get it looked at asap. Hope you feel better soon and hope your car gets fixed up soon too! And I totally know what you mean about the sunglasses! I hope you can find another pair like it!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
BB, I''m so glad it wasn''t worse! I''m sorry about your car though, and your sunglasses.

I''ve always been afraid of getting hit from behind when making a left turn. I read a novel once (at least, I think it was a novel) in which the main couple''s sons were in a car accident, and the son who was driving had started turning his wheels into the left turn and was hit from behind, then pushed by the impact into oncoming traffic. I don''t know why it stuck with me so much, since I''m pretty sure I read it before I was even able to drive, but I always make sure to keep my wheels straight or slightly to the right until I actually make the turn. Not trying to scare you, it just reminded me of that!

I also ditto those who say to get checked out, if only to get a clean bill of health. And heaven forbid anything is wrong, it''s better to know sooner rather than later.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your accident! Please heed everyone''s advice and head over to the doctor. I''ve heard stories from friends who suffered terrible neck and back pain from ''minor'' car accidents. Hope you feel better soon.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! That''s awful. If you can, get yourself into a hot bath with some epsom salts. I''m glad to hear that you weren''t seriously injured. And now, you get to find yourself some new sunglasses that are even better than the last ones
2.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry that happened to you, but I''m glad that no one got seriously hurt. Accidents like that really rattle me emotionally, hopefully you will feel more grounded soon.

I also second the motions for you to see a doc, just in case something did get damaged.

Feel better soon *sending good vibes*!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
BB - that sounds horrible! How scary and traumatic for you
39.gif
I''m so sorry to hear about it - I think you should try to go to the Dr. to get checked out just in case, and I''ll keep my fingers crossed that you and your car will both be back to normal soon!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, poor you!!!!

I agree with everyone else... you should see a doc! Concussion is nothing to mess with, I promise!

Get some good rest and feel better soon!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you were otherwise unhurt! Sorry to hear about your sun-G''s....I hope they can be salvaged
8.gif
As for your headache, your CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) has been shaken around a bit, so it''s expected. If it isn''t okay by tomorrow, you should visit a doc (most of the time a good night''s rest is all you need, if the injury wasn''t too serious).

Feel better soon :)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! I''m sooooo sorry. Don''t worry about rambling sweetheart. Of all people, we understand. And I second making sure that you don''t have a concussion. Feel better!

gedean

Shiny_Rock
thank goodness everyone''s okay!!! I hope everythings ok. I send you good vibes.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
so sorry bb!!! Hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry to hear about the accident, and glad it wasn''t worse, but you really should have gone to the ER right away! You sound like you have a concussion, and there is always the possibility of neck damage and blood clots too. Never, ever think you''re "okay" until you''ve been checked out by medical professionals...especially if the other guy is at fault! Seemingly minor injuries can have life long reprocussions, and they can be very costly.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you''re ok BB! I hope you don''t have to go to the hospital, but if the headache doesn''t go away soon I think you need to at least see your regular doctor.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your accident Blondebunny. I hope you''re feeling better today.

~SL.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you are recovering well!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! Hope you are feeling better.

Once you are sure that you are 100% okay health-wise, talk to you insurance company about the sunglasses. They may actually pay for some of the cost to replace them, seeing as it was your property that was destroyed in the accident. For example, if you were carrying something in the trunk that was broken, they would probably cover that. So, can''t hurt to ask about the sunglasses! Definitely keep the broken pair, so that they can use it to price them...

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in to see how you''re doing today.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results