shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a job offer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 8:50:04 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Congrats DD. This is going to be a great year for you!
2.gif
It''s going to be a crazy year I think! Don''t they say the most stressful things in life are having a child and moving??
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:00:52 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 2/3/2009 7:19:17 PM

Author: neatfreak

Oh Dreamer I am SO SO happy for you!!!!! I know how rough it is out there, CONGRATS!!!!!

I thought you would understand Neat! When do you go on the market? You must have a few more years left, right?

Probably next year unless I decide to do a post doc. But I might take a government or industry research job instead...who knows.
1.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
DREAMER!!!!! CONGRATS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Not that I am surprised, you are a superstar, in every way. So so happy for you!!!!!!

If you don''t mind my asking, is your DH in academics as well? He can follow you, I am assuming?

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
That is fantastic news!! Tenure track positions are not easy to come by (which obviously you know) so you should be very proud of yourself
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:40:02 PM
Author: ChinaCat
DREAMER!!!!! CONGRATS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Not that I am surprised, you are a superstar, in every way. So so happy for you!!!!!!

If you don''t mind my asking, is your DH in academics as well? He can follow you, I am assuming?
No he is NOT in academics, thank goodness. I do not envy couples needing to find two positions, I have seen many friends go through that and it can be so hard. He works in the private sector and shouldn''t have any trouble finding work in the city we will move to, whether it is for this job or the other one.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
YAYYY!!! Congrats!!!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have friends on the academic job market now, and it''s just so tough.

A BFP, now this! It''s been a great year for you.
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 11:43:21 PM
Author: peonygirl
OMG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have friends on the academic job market now, and it's just so tough.

A BFP, now this! It's been a great year for you.
9.gif
I know! It is crazy how life works sometimes. We decided to get preggo because last year there were NO jobs in my field in Canada and I got tired of putting everything on hold... what if there were no jobs this year either, right? Well, it figures that when we get preggo FOUR good jobs come up!
20.gif
I worried that my being so obviously pregnant would mess up my chances of getting a job (I was 30 to 34 weeks along during interviews), but obviously not! I can't believe how close the timing is of these two events, I am due in 2.5 weeks!!
23.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations! I hope it all works out, and who knows-maybe your top choice will make an offer, too!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Wow how exciting!!!!!!

I have to admit when you were interviewing, I was nervous for you because you are preggo. But woo-hoo! That''s such good news!
36.gif

I''m so happy for you!

DH and I are actually contemplating a move to Canada. We are researching the job market now and it looks like Teaching jobs for me would be hard to come by (highschool), and the market for nannying doesn''t seem to be great. Hopefully DH will have more luck. Anyway, I could only imagine how excited you must be to have landed a job! I''m hoping you land your top choice too for good measure!
1.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
The stars really have aligned for you DD! Fantastic news!!!!

Linden

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Fantastic news!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Hooray Dreamer! I''m so excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed that your dream job comes through too. I''m also glad you''re taking 10 months maternity leave for totally selfish reasons. That means we''ll still have you around the preggo and TTC threads for that much longer, hopefully! Note to self: get KTFU before DD goes back to work...
31.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I''ve watched my roommate go through this same search this year and am getting ready to do it myself starting in August, so I know what an awesome accomplishment this is!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations DD! Looking forward to hearing more specifics about where you''ll be (i.e., whether you might get to meet you at a Northern California GTG!) when appropriate!

Best wishes for the final negotiations -- and of course, for a safe delivery!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
That''s great!
36.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OH YEY Dreamer!!! This is fantastic! One less worry on your plate. CONGRATS GIRL!!

This is ''the year of Dreamer'' me thinks
2.gif

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
YAY DREAMER!!

congrats to you - this is such great news! it''s so wonderful to see all your hard work pay off...and of course timing is just perfect with the little one on the way soon (SO SOON!!)

thrilled for you :)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wonderful, wonderful news! Congratulations!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOOO!!!!!!! AWESOME news Dreamer - how wonderful for you. Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Congratulations, Dreamer--I''m just thrilled for you.
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
******UPDATE******

Turns out that my top-top job choice didn't make me an offer, so I will be negotiating with the school out west! Just waiting for their offer in paper copy so I can start asking for more!
11.gif
They already offered me a January 2010 start date, though, which means I can take 10 months of maternity leave
1.gif
and it also will allow DH time to find a job out there.

Although I am disappointed about my top choice, this game is a crap shoot right now and I am lucky to have found a posiiton at all! It is a very good school and I know we will be happy living in the paradise that is the west coast!

Funny thing: another school called me and invited me for an interview this week... I told them I would need to think about it because they wouldn't be in a positon to make an offer until mid March, which may be too late to hold onto this present offer. So I am waiting to see what the $$ is on this present offer before I turn down the other interview... I really don't want to have to do the interview though, since I would be 39 weeks pregnant and I cannot imagine anything on earth worse than trying to do a 2-day interview with multiple talks at this very moment!
3.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Dreamer!!

I''m so happy for you.

Is out West far from where you are now?

Dreamer got a JOB, and now she''s gonna have her BABY!!!

What an exciting time for you!!!

Wishing you nothing but the very very best!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results