shape
carat
color
clarity

I found "The One".... my beautiful dress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies! So I finally found the dress of my dreams! And I can afford it! No more lusting after those Justina McCaffrey's!
2.gif
I saw it in a magazine and I actually posted a picture of it awhile ago. I searched for it in my area (Portland, OR), but no one who carried Jasmine Couture carried this particular dress. The only place that did was a shop in the Seattle, WA area, so one of my bridesmaids and I took a little road trip and drove over 3 hours to see the dress. I was so anxious and then I saw it on the hanger... it looked so insanely small. Awful images of me trying on a miniscule Justina dress came flooding into my mind! I didn't even want to try it on anymore.
39.gif
I was very hesitant and tried it on anyway and it zipped right up and fit like a glove!!! I didn't think I'd have "a moment", but I did. My friend started crying as soon as she saw me and then I started tearing up too.
41.gif
This particular shop didn't let me take pictures so I snuck some with my camera phone. They aren't very good. I actually went to California about a week ago and tried on the same dress at shop down there with one of my other bridesmaids. They let me take pictures which was great! (Why do some places let you and some don't??) So here are the pics, the first set are the not-so-good ones, followed by the ones my bridesmaid/cousin took. It has both lace and pick-ups, elements I both adore but didn't think I'd be able to find in the same dress. I loooooooove it!!!
30.gif

BTW, I will be wearing a wide gold sash (as shown in the Jasmine Couture picture). At the first shop, I tried on the sash but it was ivory and I didn't like the contrast very well. And at the other shop in California, they didn't even have the sash it comes with (they sold it to a bride) and so they had me try it on with a Watters and Watters ribbon.

Ok, please excuse all the pics... there are A TON (and I have more too!). But if there's one thing I've learned from being a PS member, it's that we looooove pics!
9.gif

Thanks for looking,
Chelle

338A.jpg
338B.jpg
338C.jpg

ETA: Snow_happy helped me figure out what I was doing wrong, so I'm editing this post and hopefully the pics work this time
06-19-06_1438.jpg
06-19-06_1439.jpg
062006_18231.jpg
062006_18252.jpg
062006_18253.jpg
062006_18261.jpg
062006_18313.jpg
062006_18321.jpg
062006_18322.jpg
062006_18331.jpg
062006_18362.jpg

These are the better pics. They actually couldn't figure out who to zip the back (I don't know why, I think it was broken). So they had to clip it and it doesn't look as good as it did the first time I tried it on. But I still love it!
36.gif

California023_2-1.jpg
California024_2.jpg
California025_2.jpg
California026_2.jpg
California027_2.jpg
California029_2.jpg
California033_2.jpg
California038_2.jpg
California039_2.jpg
California042_2.jpg
California049_2.jpg

An idea of what my veil will look like.... I'd like my hair halfway up and wavy/curly....
California032_2.jpg

California056_2.jpg

Mandatory ring shot....
2.gif

California052_2.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
the dress looks lovely but i cant see the ones with you in it!
15.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Oh really?
15.gif
I can see them, but maybe they''re not showing up on other people''s pages? I''d ask someone else but everyone''s sleeping. Thank you for letting me know!Hopefully it works soon! It took me forever to load all the pics... there are over 15 of them!
3.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Nope
7.gif
I have the same problem, I can only see the magazine ones...

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Ok I''m going to try again... can anyone see this pic?
7.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
If that didn't work, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? My first post I used HTML format and then the last picture I did by clicking the "Insert Picture" icon on the toolbar. I can see them, but I don't think anyone else can?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That dress is beautiful-I love it!! Cant wait to see the photos of you in it

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
nope, i can''t see them either or the last one you posted. But i do crazy-LOVE that gown in the magazine pics!! i can''t wait to see the ones with you in the dress!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW- that dress is just beautiful! I can''t see the pics either though-ugh! I will check back in a few!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chelle!

I had the same problems. See, links to pics in your gmail don''t work unless you are logged into gmail. My advice is to upload them to something else like yahoo photos or something and link from there :)

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks snow_happy.
1.gif
I edited my first post and deleted all the picutres that didn't work.... I replaced them with the photos I uploaded on Photobucket so hopefully that works! I'm crossing my fingers!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! You look gorgeous in it!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s sooooo beautiful!!! It reminds me of a Monique Lhuillier dress... it''s simply stunning!!!
30.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful on you. That dress looks as though it was made for you!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! How beautiful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chellebelle it looks amazing on you. I love it!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I can see them all, and it''s BEAUTIFUL!
you have such a teeny waist.

E B

Ideal_Rock
That is SUCH a perfect dress for you, Chellebelle! You look so, so happy. Congratulations!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks amazing on you!!!!!

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
the dress fits you so well- Very pretty! I also love that last photo of your ring *wink*.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
oh my, just fabulous! I love it! Congrats on finding the one!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOney, you look GORGEOUS--as timeless and feminine as your Ritani!! It''s perfect!!!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! You look great in it!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
hi chelle! :)

I''m glad it worked !!!

You look amazing! Congrats on finding your dress :D

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the lace at the hem. It makes it more unique than just a pick up skirt. You look fabulous in it. Great choice.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
You look amazing!! I love everything about it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a find! It''s beautiful and fits you so well already! Congratulations! It''s nice to have that out of the way, so that you can focus on the *rest* of the planning.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your dress is so beautiful & it looks great on you! You''re going to be a stunning bride!
36.gif
I''m glad you''re going to be wearing the wide gold sash as well. I like the wide sash in the first set of pics & think the darker gold will provide a nice contrast. I love the lace & pick-ups in the skirt. So pretty & romantic.
1.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind comments. You all are so sweet!
5.gif
I can''t wait till I can finally wear it!!! Jasmine Couture is very good about customizing your dress and they said they could make the train longer.... I''m still trying to decide if I want to or not? I love how the the lace pools out in the back.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh good! I''m glad you got all your pics to work! The dress looks so much better on you than it does on the model! And I do like the wider sash much better. More flattering on you! The lace at the bottom of the dress is awesome.. it gives it that extra something so its not like every other pick up dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results