shape
carat
color
clarity

I found THE dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so excited!!! I went for my maybe 4th or 5th round of gown trying on (I only do 2 or 3 at a time, I can''t handle more) and found THE ONE!!! It''s Casablanca 1827!
30.gif
I''ll try to post pics after I put a deposit down this weekend, (they won''t let me take pics before).

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I talked to my mom about wanting a different dress and she wasn''t mad at all. She was like "you need to be happy in your dress." BIG releif!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It''s a gorgeous dress!

Model pics for people like me who want to know what it looks like now:
CA1827Front.jpg

CA1827train.jpg

CA1827frbod.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting those!!!

It''s funny b/c it''s soooo much prettier in person...usually designers play UP how the dresses look and you get kinda dissapointed when you see them, but this one is so sparkly and pretty in person.

The only thing I''m confused about is that when I tried it on it was champagne with ivory lace, although that''s not advertised. It''s probably another option that''s just not on the website, but I have to call and verify that.

Once I can get some pics of me in it, I''ll post them.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I can''t wait to see some pics on you!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some knottie pics of it: (NOT ME)

piccieknottie.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Another of a diff knottie bride (not me again)

knottieside.jpg

xapora

Shiny_Rock
Oh WOW! That dress is GORGEOUS, I love it!!! You''re going to look amazing!
36.gif
Congrats on finding the one!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! After all the times you changed your mind and questioned your choices, I''m happy you finally found the one!
36.gif
(don''t worry I did that for my ring and my dress too... heck, we''ve even changed our whole wedding plans around!
28.gif
)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah now I just have to order it. I''m calling around to get quotes and for this one dress I''ve been quoted between 700 and 1050! I really wish I understood how bridal shops come up with their prices. The one that quoted me the least on this dress quoted me the most on Maggies.

So I''m using price to determine if I order it in MI or back home. I''d like to order it back home so I dont have to fly it back, but 300-400 is a significant difference.

Anyone ever have to fly their dress?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, really pretty! I had actually torn that one out of a magazine as a dress I wanted to look in to.

Does it have a lot of beading/sequins on it in person? On the model, I thought it looked sort of like a cross between a slim a-line and a trumpet/mermaid silhouette. Is that true in person too?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 12:27:59 PM
Author: basil
Wow, really pretty! I had actually torn that one out of a magazine as a dress I wanted to look in to.

Does it have a lot of beading/sequins on it in person? On the model, I thought it looked sort of like a cross between a slim a-line and a trumpet/mermaid silhouette. Is that true in person too?
It has alot of beading and is very sparklie, much prettier than it looks in the picture from their website, esp if you get a contrasting shade of lace. I tend to be pear shaped (I''m super narrow (32A) up top then I have "normal" 36" hips) and it really balanced out my figure, better than traditional A line dresses that I sort of got lost in. It''s a drop waist slim A line dress. There''s plenty of room in it for a nice, body smoothing, small crinoline skirt too!

Mermaids looked awful on me b/c they made me look like I was all hip, and trumpets were better, but not that much on me.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YEY! Congrats on finding your dress! What a relief that your Momma is totally on board with the new dress. If you remember (or not) I was in a "similar" but different boat, where my Mom wasn''t crazy about the dress I loved, and she was trying to convince me to keep looking...WELL, long story short, She''s agreed to make mine! hahaha. I wanted that from the get go...and in the end - EVERYONE is happy!

Just like you''re happy
21.gif

So...please post your pics soon! Can''t wait to see YOU in it!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 1:08:09 PM
Author: mela lu
YEY! Congrats on finding your dress! What a relief that your Momma is totally on board with the new dress. If you remember (or not) I was in a ''similar'' but different boat, where my Mom wasn''t crazy about the dress I loved, and she was trying to convince me to keep looking...WELL, long story short, She''s agreed to make mine! hahaha. I wanted that from the get go...and in the end - EVERYONE is happy!

Just like you''re happy
21.gif

So...please post your pics soon! Can''t wait to see YOU in it!
YAY, I''m glad it worked out well for you as well!!

I''ve got to start working on the arm and back muscles now!! My arms are so wimpy and I want them nice and toned for the wedding! I think 9 months is enough time!
26.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really beautiful! I can''t wait to see more pics! Congratulations!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS DRESS!!!!!!
30.gif
I have to admit, I love the shade closer to ivory rather than the knottie pics, it gives it such an old world antique-like charm. Beautiful lace detail!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 1:33:09 PM
Author: musey
GORGEOUS DRESS!!!!!!
30.gif
I have to admit, I love the shade closer to ivory rather than the knottie pics, it gives it such an old world antique-like charm. Beautiful lace detail!
Yeah, I agree! I think I''m going to go with champagne underneath with ivory lace ... the lace really popped and the champagne was not that much darker than the ivory. All one color in this dress loses alot of the detail.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
YAY, I just put down the down-payment!!! I didn''t have time to try it on though (went during lunch break) and take pics, but I will as soon as it comes in!

I''m so excited!!!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful dress! That''s exciting that you put down the down payment!! Congrats on finding the ONE!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous dress.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous dress and it looks lovely in the colour posted by robbie- the white doesn''t look as elegantly olde world. It''s too stark...

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone!!! I am SO excited -- the color I ordered is a light champagne with ivory lace, so the lace stands out. There is some silver threading around beaded areas which make the beading pop a bit more, and I saw it today and I even loved it ON THE RACK!!!

I''m so happy that I happened to wander in on a day where it was displayed on the mannequin! I''d never have seen it otherwise!!! Also, I was in Boston for the weekend, and my mom and I drove past a bridal shop where my dress (in all white though) was in the window! My mom whipped around the car so she could see it and she loved it, although she agreed on the not all white thing. It''s like FATE!! haha

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sweetpea, your dress is going to be gorgeous. Light champagne is such a flattering color. Congratulations, I''m excited for you.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
COMPLETELY LOVE IT!!! It''s just awesome! The lace is gorgeous and the champagne color will really play it up better than white. Can''t wait to see you in it!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! That is so exciting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results