shape
carat
color
clarity

I found a dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys,
I think I found a dress. See earlier thread about buying a dress if interested.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/if-you-had-to-buy-a-fancy-dress-for-a-black-tie-dinner.46551/

Here it is:

fashion1.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, sorry it was so big. Yeesh. I am not wearing any proper undergarments so please be kind. haha.
It is on super sale so it was a pretty good deal and I like the weight of it. Now for the shoes and bag. Any suggestions? They had some really cute black strappy with sparklies but they didn''t have my size. Too bad. They were on sale too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would do strappy black sandals, nothing fancy at all with that dress, the pattern is enough to let the shoes be simple. high heeled of course.

you also need some serious accessories with that strapless neckline and your short hair...i would either get some really long dangling jet black kind of earrings (white house black market had some cute ones previously) or a earring necklace set with some funky chunky necklace thing going on OR a really long strand of black something or other for the neckline. you could do a bunch of different things with that neckline and your short hair.

i like the dress pattern a lot! i am not a fan of strapless so i think a set of gathered fabric straps (same pattern and fabric as the dress) going up in a halter and crossingin the back would be perfect but oh well..hehe).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty! I recall you were "worried" about "exposed" arms...they look good to me, but a plain pashmina is always apropos for style and possibly warmth in a/c'd areas.....and no worries about not being able to hold a drink and they are very light.....

High strappy sandels...or stiletto mules...and a pedicure!!! Small elegant bag, I prefer long shapes, but get what YOU like and if it has a wrist strap bonus ...Minimal jewels....hair chignon....diamond drop earrings or drop pearls, no watch, YOUR RED RING and NEW BRACELET.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH and you were worried about your arms?! No way they look fab!

(still think you need some strong jewelry! the full on naked chest thing with short hair is such a pet peeve of mine!)
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely on you, great choice. I agree with Mara some nice black dangly earrings or even balck chandelier type earrings would be great. I''d wear a necklace too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress and you look lovely in it! I think a substantial chunky necklace and a cool sparkly bracelet cuff would look fabulous.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress is GREAT! Do agree about the jewelry though, and some strappy black sandles--definitely!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You look lovely!!!

Hair up, substantial bracelet and dangling/drop earrings would finish it off.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Fabulous choice! You look like you''re 25, seriously!
9.gif
I agree with Mara, find some fun and sparkly jet earrings/necklace to really jazz it up. Not sure about an evening bag, but I think you could do just a simple black clutch to coordinate with the above suggested strappy black sandals/shoes and let the jewelry really highlight the dress due to the pattern.
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look like a goddess! That dress suits you perfectly.
36.gif

Small, simple black satin clutch (in a little box shape maybe?), with strappy black heels. For jewelry, I''d stay away from a necklace since your dress has a bold pattern and should be the star of the show. Dangly earrings and a set of very thin metal bangles would complete the look!

And I agree with the others...you look like a young college coed!
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
wow. that is a fabulous dress. i agree that because of the pattern, i wouldn''t wear a necklace. you are going to look perfect at the dinner. have a great time!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Blushing.....you guys have made my day...no, no... I think my YEAR.

Now, help, help. I need shoes. This time of year is a double edged sword. Everything is just going on sale but lots of sizes are sold out. I saw some gorgeous sandals that were on great sale but they were out of my size. Maybe I will call and see if they can locate my size. But I would love any suggestions. I have looked at a few sites and not come up with much so far. I can''t walk in a 4 inch heel. I think my husband might be a little embarrassed if I fall flat on my face in front of the CEO.

I also need a bodyshaper and if they make one with a strapless bra, all the better. Hmmm....any jewelry pics would be good.

Seems the necklace is up for debate. That might be the one thing I don''t have much of. I keep getting votes for black, dangly earrings. If I absolutely must try them I will. I have pave huggie (not sure what they are called) type earrings. Would that work?

I was thinking my hair would either be up (which is really hard with my hair for some reason) or in a pony tail.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay here are some ideas for jewelry...i love White House Black Market stuff because it's affordable, versatile and it always looks really great in person. I always get tons of compliments on the jewelry I buy from them.

here's a barrage of photos.

I LOVE THESE EARRINGS. I may get them for myself.

night fall earrings.bmp.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
with maybe these...

slver bangles.bmp.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
or these?

stretch bracelet.bmp.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and LOVE LOVE LOVE this necklace!! for me this is perfect for strapless but maybe too long of a necklace for that dress.

retreat drop necklace.bmp.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is cool too.

dorinda necklace.bmp.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
allison i really don''t like those manolo''s for that dress. you need something SUPER simple IMO, strappy, thin...maybe a wedge heel so that you would feel more confident walking.

the best shoes i ever have purchased were these 3" heels from nine west with thin satin straps crossing up the foot..i have worn them countless times and they have lasted years and were only like $75 or something.

i also wouldn''t put your hair in a ponytail for a black tie event...i think that is what this is? a chignon or leave it down and flip out the ends with a curling iron or something.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
also i know you mentioned not loving black against your skin...i think it would be perfect BUT if you want to go with the other color in the dress, i love this necklace.

with those bangles and maybe simple long silver drops it would be perfect.

then you could get silvery strappy sandals (very understated and plain). a black wrap would still be appropriate IMO.

starry strands.bmp.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2006 2:39:06 PM
Author: Mara
also i know you mentioned not loving black against your skin...i think it would be perfect BUT if you want to go with the other color in the dress, i love this necklace.

with those bangles and maybe simple long silver drops it would be perfect.

then you could get silvery strappy sandals (very understated and plain). a black wrap would still be appropriate IMO.
Those bangles are awesome, Mara! I like the idea of pairing that last necklace (silver triple strand) with VERY simple long silver drop earrings. Normally I wouldn''t advocate doing both a necklace AND long earrings with a strapless gown, but if they''re both silver and delicate, then it would look beautiful.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is lovely. You look fabulous in it. As far as accessories, I don''t know if I like black earrings unless it''s black pearls. I can see some drop black pearl earrings with a single strand black pearls (16" - 18", nothing too long to distract from your beautiful dress). Or sparkly chandelier earrings with some bangles. Then finish it off with a black clutch and some simple black strappy sandals.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
AllisonFaye! You are such a pretty lady! Isn't she folks?
1.gif

The dress looks lovely on you - very fresh. A low simple Chignon maybe?
(Keep accessories simple and few *IMO* - just earrings - let the pretty lady be the focus - keep it light and airy. I'd pass on black jewelry.)
Your husband is going to go nuts when he sees you all dressed up!

Scintillating...

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone. I had been thinking black pearls would be cool. Not sure where to start looking though.

SDL: That site you posted has lots of good stuff. I saw some shoes that I think I won''t fall flat on my face in. They had some cute bags too.

I have a while to find the stuff. The lady at the store is ordering me another dress because that one had blood on the bottom of it. They really didn''t need to do it because when it gets hemmed, I am sure that part will be gone. I was hoping she would knock some off the price but she says ''WE don''t do that''. Oh, well, EXCUSE ME. :)

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
strappy black heals. very chunky black or black & white crystal chandelier earrings. No necklace to clutter up the lovely neckline. hair up.

Lovely! I am sure you will be a breath of fresh air in a sea of all black and pastels.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks great on you.

The Manolo''s are cool, but I agree with Mara that they don''t really go with that dress. Get simple strappy high-heeled sandals in black leather or satin with a matching clutch bag. I love black Tahitian pearls (I bought a gorgeous pair at americanpearl.com), but they tend to look dark gray, not truly black, and I''m not sure that would look right with a black and white print. I would get dangly earrings in black jet, black crystals, black and clear crystals, silver, white gold, or maybe white pearls. The print is very bold, so I would keep the accessories simple and skip the necklace. Do not put your hair in a ponytail! Try a French twist, chignon, or down.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, have you seen the starry strands necklace in their store? It''s not on their website.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never mind about the necklace - I found a WHBM that has one for me to take a look at.
36.gif

Sparkling Spirit

Rough_Rock
Hello, Allison... GORGEOUS dress, and the shoes are great too! If you haven't found a necklace/earrings yet I have been browsing the "Clearance" section on Bailey Banks & Biddle's site. Have a look at the following links, if you are interested in Tahitian black pearls with a splash of ruby. I rushed right back to Pricescope to post to you immediately, lol! I see the thrill of these boards, it's almost as much fun to cyber-shop for someone else as to shop for oneself!

The earrings:
http://www.baileybanksandbiddle.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2092073&cp=2127145&pg=16&clickid=topnav_clearance_dropdown&categoryId=2127145&parentPage=search&searchId=18011654102

The necklace:
http://www.baileybanksandbiddle.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2091235&cp=2127145&pg=16&clickid=topnav_clearance_dropdown&categoryId=2127145&parentPage=search&searchId=18011677132

I just love the dots of color in these! Enjoy your great evening out... you'll look wonderful, and preparation is half the fun! :)

ETA: Here is another alternative, without the ruby. I like the variance in tone in this:
http://www.baileybanksandbiddle.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2325843&cp=2127145&pg=3&numResultsPerPage=8&fbn=Stone+Type%7CPearl&f=PAD%2FStone+Type%2FPearl&fbc=1&categoryId=2127145&s=A-PAD-zlsRank&parentPage=search&searchId=18011768372

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results