shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally get it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I''m always reading the posts about everyone being anxious to get the e-ring. Although I understood it, I was thinking that something must be wrong with me because I have not had that "can''t wait for Christmas morning" feeling about my ring and the proposal. We bought the diamond back around October, and it sat without a setting for a long time because different family emergencies kept coming up, and we just didn''t have time to find the setting. We recently got around to picking out the setting and ordering it from the shop. I adore and love my BF with all of my heart and know he is the one, so I wasn''t nervous or pushing feelings down for any psychological reasons.

Well, everything has changed now! I called my BF the other day, and asked him what he was up to (he is usually at home at that time of day). He sort of whispered in a mushy voice that I don''t often hear (he''s a rock musician "guy''s guy") that he was doing something VERY special. OH MY GOD... I felt it! I knew exactly where he was and what he was doing!!

Well, I know the ring is in the house now, and I even know where it is. It is all I can do to keep from pulling it out and trying it on!!!! I even understand the girls who say that they don''t care about how their BF proposes as long as he does it soon!!! I always wished for a big romantic proposal, but now I just can''t wait to get engaged!! (Although, romanticism would be nice
2.gif
)

I am finally "anxious to get the e-ring," and I love it!! What a great if not tortuous feeling!!! I finally feel like a real Lady in Waiting, hee hee!!
9.gif

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Congrats, congrats congrats!!! I''m in a simular situation, the ring is in the house, I''ve seen in once (to make sure I loved it before the return policey was gone) and then it was snatched away from me :.( You have great self controll if you know exactly where it is and are still refraining from taking a peak. The wait will be well worth it, you''ll be all the more excited once you receive it! It is great to recapture that "night before Christmas" feeling again tho, isn''t it?!?!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You know where it is and you are trying it on? How do you avoid the temptation? I would be all over that like a duck on a junebug.
31.gif
That or every comment would need to be analyzed 6 ways to sunday in case it was going to be in the next few hours. Congrats on the slightly crazed LIW feeling!
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2005 4:13:12 PM
Author:Kaili
Well, I know the ring is in the house now, and I even know where it is. It is all I can do to keep from pulling it out and trying it on!!!! I even understand the girls who say that they don''t care about how their BF proposes as long as he does it soon!!! I always wished for a big romantic proposal, but now I just can''t wait to get engaged!! (Although, romanticism would be nice
2.gif
)

OMG!! Does this ever bring back memories! My DH and I lived together before we got engaged, with the condition that an engagement was imminent...We had narrowed down the ring to 2 choices and agreed he would make the final decision (so there would be some element of surprise! Well that went down the drain....

One day I went into our office to our desk...I needed a pair of scissors...I went into our scissor drawer and there was a black velvet box!!! I opened it and there was my ring!!! Ok..so..I didn''t have the restraint that you show because I would try on the ring while he wasn''t home and I had to play coy when he was...then one day, I went into the box and the wedding band part of the set was gone!! Only the e-ring was in the box!! So, now I knew that the proposal was coming...on the day of, he was SOOOOOO nervous that I knew what was coming...it made me SO nervous that I needed a few glasses of wine just to relax...It was one of the funniest days of my life!!

Years later, I told him that I found the ring and tried it on...he laughs...he knows that he can''t hide gifts very well, so why would this be different? We''ll be married 10 years this July!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I know, it''s so hard not to peek!! I''m doing my best knowing that it will be that much sweeter when it comes if I don''t look. It''s almost getting the better of me, though. I did get to try it on in the store, so I guess that kind of counts for peeking
9.gif

And, yes, I am annalyzing every comment!! Hee hee. I don''t know how everyone gets through. A couple of glasses of wine is an excellent suggestion. At this rate, though, I think I might be drunk straight through to the proposal
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results