shape
carat
color
clarity

I felt something brushing against my toes.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm barefoot at my puter and thought it must be a shirt that fell down there being pushed around by the air current of the fan.
I just ignored it for several minutes.

It was Bibi, my parrot.
He wandered over and wants his head scratched and I guess my toes look like fingers.
He asks for head scritches by pushing his head against my finers.

So, now I'm scritching his head with my toes and he's making quiet contented sounds.
So darned cute.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

One of the ways pets enrich our lives is to let us feel needed.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Aww so sweet!!! I'm away from my fur babies for a day or so and this makes me miss mine even more, lol.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw that's adorable! :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We remember Bibi! Let's see Bibi, pretty please, Kenny???

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing this, Kenny. I had the most adorable image in my mind. I've always really enjoyed birds, they're such social creatures. I've had pet birds in the past but right now we have chickens and they're so relaxing to be around. Sort of like watching fish.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 8.11.15 PM.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won't be easy but I'll endeavor to get a pic of Bibi at my toes. :lol-2:
Might take a few days (weeks?) of training for Bibi to become familiar with the camera & lights.
Birds are instinctively fearful of anything new or different, so you have to gradually acclimate them to anything new if you want them to relax and be themselves.

I suspect :read: this is the first time in the history of the known universe for a request of a pic of a parrot all puffed up receiving scritches from human toes. :lol:

I love this little guy so much!!!

My SO is quite ill (he faints and falls maybe once a week) and told me yesterday he almost killed Bibi by falling near him in the kitchen. :sick::sick:
He should have just not told me that.

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see Bibi! I'm following an instagram of a pineapple conure, and it's so nice to see a happy bird pic first thing every morning. I may be seriously considering adopting an older bird. Not soon.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny I'm so sorry that your SO is still ill. And I'm sure him telling you that he almost hurt Bibi was horrifying for you. Best wishes always, and I also humbly request Bibi pics!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love hearing about Bibi! Except for the part about him nearly being squished! :-o

Yes, please share photos and videos of Bibi! :appl:

Kenny, I've probably said this before, but I wish all pet owners were as loving and responsible as you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results