shape
carat
color
clarity

I enjoyed following this pianist's European piano safari

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Melker Stendahl is a pianist, composer, piano technician, and photographer living in Sweden.
His YT channel has many beautiful videos in which he performs the classical composers, also his own work.
He's the photo/videographer who shot all the nature footage in his videos. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
This guy not only knows about high end pianos, but also high quality microphones and photography gear.

I find listening to him talk is very soothing, and he ain;t at all hard on the eyes.
Do you suppose he's single. :whistle:
Is Swedish really that hard to learn?
LOL. Just kidding.

FWIW, In US dollars the new Italian-made Fazioli 212 (which he eventually ended up with later) lists for $173,100 ... and that's for Fazioli's cheapest finish, black polyester.
Fazioli's fancy wood cases for their largest grand can exceed half a mil. :eek2:

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Melker Stendahl is a pianist, composer, piano technician, and photographer living in Sweden.
His YT channel has many beautiful videos in which he performs the classical composers, also his own work.
He's the photo/videographer who shot all the nature footage in his videos. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
This guy not only knows about high end pianos, but also high quality microphones and photography gear.

I find listening to him talk is very soothing, and he ain;t at all hard on the eyes.
Do you suppose he's single. :whistle:
Is Swedish really that hard to learn?
LOL. Just kidding.

FWIW, In US dollars the new Italian-made Fazioli 212 (which he eventually ended up with later) lists for $173,100 ... and that's for Fazioli's cheapest finish, black polyester.
Fazioli's fancy wood cases for their largest grand can exceed half a mil. :eek2:

So... he bought the Steinway (in this video) and within a year bought the Fazioli also? :eek2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... he bought the Steinway (in this video) and within a year bought the Fazioli also? :eek2:

I suspect so, but that's not explained in the video I posted or any of the 10 or so I watched.
But IIRC he did state he could only afford one grand piano.

I've never played a Fazioli, but look forward to that day.
If I ever win the lottery (not likely since I don't play) a Fazioli 228 (7' 6") in satin ebony will immediately be delivered.

Ah, one can dream.

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only drool! I always wanted to learn piano/own a piano as a kid (and beyond) but life circumstances never allowed. And now my thumbs have arthritis and it would just be painful.
But I love to listen to it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel for you.
I'm fortunate for my lifelong involvement in music.

How hollow my life would have been without it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results