shape
carat
color
clarity

I don't understand...

stci

Ideal_Rock
Why a second hand forum on PS where all the pieces are link to Diamond Bistro?

I know it's the only maner to contact the seller so, why PS do this forum?

I'm lost...

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From my understanding, prior to this forum, we weren't allowed to discuss sales or link DB, and now we are.

stci

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1317170445|3027435 said:
From my understanding, prior to this forum, we weren't allowed to discuss sales or link DB, and now we are.

OK!!!! This is why I don't understand. This is what I thinking too...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems a bit silly to me as well. Admin was saying that if it's successful then they'll potentially start their own forum, but that seems odd as now that they've allowed us to mention DB and where our items are listed if they're on another website there's no need really, is there? The way they're currently allowing means admin gets all the glowing feedback about having listened to us without having to do any of the work as we're piggy backing off another site. Win-win.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Addy|1317193292|3027670 said:
It seems a bit silly to me as well. Admin was saying that if it's successful then they'll potentially start their own forum, but that seems odd as now that they've allowed us to mention DB and where our items are listed if they're on another website there's no need really, is there? The way they're currently allowing means admin gets all the glowing feedback about having listened to us without having to do any of the work as we're piggy backing off another site. Win-win.
Don't knock it. The majority of us are VERRRRY happy to not have to call it "the site which shall not be named." Plus there are a lot of new people who didn't know about DB, so it's opening everyone up to a lot more potential sales.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1317218390|3027757 said:
Don't knock it. The majority of us are VERRRRY happy to not have to call it "the site which shall not be named." Plus there are a lot of new people who didn't know about DB, so it's opening everyone up to a lot more potential sales.

Athenaworth pretty much summed it up for me. There are plenty of people here who don't know about DB. This is a great way to get information out to an even wider audience, which is certainly nice when you're trying to sell something.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It also allows PS'ers to notify other PS'ers when they're selling something without the admins having to get involved if something goes wrong with the sale. Frankly, I don't blame the admins a bit for wanting to distance themselves from the actual sales end of things! And DB will gets more "hits" (and probably more listings) from this, so they win too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1317224697|3027850 said:
It also allows PS'ers to notify other PS'ers when they're selling something without the admins having to get involved if something goes wrong with the sale. Frankly, I don't blame the admins a bit for wanting to distance themselves from the actual sales end of things! And DB will gets more "hits" (and probably more listings) from this, so they win too.

Yep, there is liability involved and if something goes wrong, it's not their fault so it's best to limit how much they provide.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Exactly!!!!! I'm so happy they did this, I could care less what their intensions are for doing it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clairitek|1317222803|3027816 said:

Athenaworth pretty much summed it up for me. There are plenty of people here who don't know about DB. This is a great way to get information out to an even wider audience, which is certainly nice when you're trying to sell something.

It wasn't my intention to knock it at all. It really is a win-win for both parties with very little actually changing. The silly thing to me is all the glowing feedback that PS is now getting for allowing us to put two little letters together - DB, but it seems to be working. All parties happy!

I do feel like items are selling more quickly and there's a fair amount more listing.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We can remove it if users do not like it. Right now our options are this type of forum, or no way to buy and sell on PS. Your choice.

Our intentions were simple. To allow users a way to sell and promote their own items, in a contained environment, as soon as possible.

Right now we simply do not have the resources to develop our own forum and/or monitor it. It's not that we do not want to. It's a matter of lack of resources. We are a very limited staff with limited budgets.

We hope you understand our reasoning behind it and will take it for what it is, us listening to our members and trying to make the forum a better place.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1317243545|3028167 said:
We can remove it if users do not like it. Right now our options are this type of forum, or no way to buy and sell on PS. Your choice.

Our intentions were simple. To allow users a way to sell and promote their own items, in a contained environment, as soon as possible.

Right now we simply do not have the resources to develop our own forum and/or monitor it. It's not that we do not want to. It's a matter of lack of resources. We are a very limited staff with limited budgets.

We hope you understand our reasoning behind it and will take it for what it is, us listening to our members and trying to make the forum a better place.

What's the feedback like so far? It seems like everything I hear is very positive! Are you keeping it or still in it's trial? I suppose it is early days.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We hope not to get rid if it but much depends on the users liking it and being willing to abide by the policies. :))

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Adding to feedback: LOVE IT! KEEP IT!! :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1317253437|3028294 said:

Me too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. And not just because I was able to sell my bling to a PSer (although that doesn't hurt, I admit).

I look at DB occasionally, but not being able to link to what others are selling especially with being on RT all the time is hard. Especially when you KNOW something is a good fit.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It got me back on PS after a hiatus, so it's working in that respect, LOL!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
wakingdreams53|1317253437|3028294 said:

+1

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It's a wonderful addition to PriceScope. I think it's helpful to everyone involved: buyers, sellers, gawkers AND PS for adding a feature that a lot of posters requested.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1317351825|3029364 said:
It's a wonderful addition to PriceScope. I think it's helpful to everyone involved: buyers, sellers, gawkers AND PS for adding a feature that a lot of posters requested.

I agree! I think it's great!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, and I especially like that we can now let others in - openly - on the diamond bistro "secret." Just being able to share this information, breaking down one more wall between that created a group of those "in the know" and others, is to me a big plus.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Don't take it away!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT TOO!!! Please keep it!!! :appl:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love it too. I don't venture onto DB much so I like seeing what's for sale here from people I trust.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I love it too. One of the first places I check on Pricescope. I never knew about Diamond Bistro, either.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I am concerned about the potential cat fights between the forums based on previous posts at PS and the bistro. I hope though it never happens!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a GREAT idea! I might not be interested in buying something from an unknown person. But if I see something here that I am interested in, I would be MUCH more interested in buying from a PSer! It has the same advantage that buying from these vendors does...people will want to keep a good reputation and are less likely to misrepresent the items.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a great idea and I'm hoping that everyone plays by the rules so we can keep this forum open. Some people have an actual *need* to sell their things for one personal reason or another, and this way PSers have a better chance of selling to a fellow PSer.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The best thing about this, IMO, is that PSers value the work from certain jewelers more than say, the general eBay community. It should help PS buyers get access to the secondary market pieces they really want, and PS sellers be able to sell their pieces more easily, since they will have better access to people who value what they're selling. Transparency should lead to a more efficient market :)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are glad you enjoy it. Do not worry, we will not be removing it unless we begin to have problems.

Please help us by reporting any listings that break the policies and letting us know when items are sold so we can mark it sold. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results