shape
carat
color
clarity

"I don't need Jay-Z"

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Trump doesn't need Jay-Z, Beyoncé, or any other stars to get people to come to his rallies.

I watched the last few minutes of one of Hillary concert rallies. What I saw was the star finished performing and just about the whole crowd left. Sure hoped Hillary spoke first, because there sure wasn't anyone that would hear her otherwise.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has rallies that revolve around him, but no working campaign structure within the states. I saw an official from a southwestern state who was attempting to run a Republican/Trump campaign center interviewed. He had been placing phone phone phone calls (all unanswered) in an attempt to plead for more pamphlets and signs for houses to no avail.

There was no infrastructure even to answer phones, let alone to provide him with what he needed to get out the vote. Trump thought that all that mattered was him showing up at rallies. Hands on politicians at the grassroots level knew better. But Trump thinks he knows everything and thinks he is the center of everything and that only he matters. His narcissism is boundless. It is all Trump all the time. Doesn't seem to be getting out the vote.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Make NO mistake: if any celebrities actually supported Trump, he'd use them to the fullest extent. Scott Baio spoke at the RNC.

He will apparently be appearing with Ted Nugent in the next two days, but I don't know that The Nuge counts as a celebrity anymore.

I know the whole "my rallies are big, therefore I'm definitely going to win" is a popular talking point, but it's a really odd one not at all supported by actual evidence. Remember Bernie? Rallies for Hillary are also huge and enthusiastic. I was at one the other day and it was absolutely packed.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He doesn't need Jay-Z?

At this point, Trump couldn't get a celebrity to grace his stage for anything. For one, he doesn't have the campaign funds to pay for one and for two, a celebrity wouldn't want to attach their name to a racist, sexual deviant like him.

LOL!!! Doesn't need Jay-z!! That is rich!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would he need JayZ when he has BIG stars like Scott Baio and Antonio Sabato Jr. This thread is comical.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Don't suppose there's any way of knowing, but I wonder if celebrity endorsement are empactful. Personally, I can't see why anyone would care what an entertainer thinks, but evidently politicians beleive people care.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this posted on FB and thought it was perfect.

Dear Hollywood celebrities, You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.

You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again. I don’t care that you don't like Mr.Trump. But I bet you looked cute saying it. Get back into your bubble.

I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny. And I'm also supposed to care that you will leave this great country if Trump becomes president? Ha. Please don't forget to close the door behind you. We'd like to reserve your seat for someone who loves this country and really wants to be here. Make me laugh, or cry. Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1478456358|4094537 said:
Why would he need JayZ when he has BIG stars like Scott Baio and Antonio Sabato Jr. This thread is comical.

Right - who needs Jay Z when you can get Ted Nugent?!?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Red-- :appl:

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
If you don't care about celebrities (which is fine) why do you care that they have opinions? You know like you and I, and everyone else on the face of this earth. Just change the channel or don't click on an article about it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1478632164|4095296 said:
yes. I think the fact that every single living former president will not vote for Trump influences me more. Or that 50 top national security officials in the government think that Trump is a threat to our national security. Because I think they know what they are talking about.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/08/us/politics/national-security-letter-trump.html

part gypsy, thank you for sharing this.
I have never read this very succinct description of Donald Trump. This is extremely alarming. :errrr: :nono:

You should post this in an independent thread.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478549526|4094893 said:
I saw this posted on FB and thought it was perfect.

Dear Hollywood celebrities, You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.

You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera. And often when you are away from one too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance. I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again. I don’t care that you don't like Mr.Trump. But I bet you looked cute saying it. Get back into your bubble.

I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny. And I'm also supposed to care that you will leave this great country if Trump becomes president? Ha. Please don't forget to close the door behind you. We'd like to reserve your seat for someone who loves this country and really wants to be here. Make me laugh, or cry. Scare me. But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance.

This might be a fantastic point of view for people who...you know...actually read about their candidates. It's great for those people who consider voting to be an important duty and actually read through all of the propositions and put thought into how they will vote....

But for the 75% of people (i think i am being generous) who just don't give a shit, they are gonna go with the person who had Beyonce' on the stage. They will go with Kanye's rant because it really touched them in way that felt super personal. Why do you think that DONALD TRUMP is the GOP nominee?????? He was nothing but a terrible business person and a reality TV star until he threw in his hat for this presidential race and started saying things the people wanted to hear.

This is the world we live in. People are stupid. Hollywood rules.

I just want beg everyone, "Don't raise stupid people!"

My heart hurts.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Ss, this is still a free country, so celebrities can say what they want, and Red and I can dismiss them.

HC, I really hope you are wrong but I don't know.
Pretty sure what you and I call stupid differs. :D

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
AnnaH|1478635160|4095321 said:
Ss, this is still a free country, so celebrities can say what they want, and Red and I can dismiss them.

Yep. So I can also say "In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance," sounds rude and condescending and you are free to disagree.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
And, Ss, I find it worse than rude to say if so and so gets elected, I'm Leaving the country. But, still, people are free to do what they choose, although I don't know of anyone who actually leaves.
What Red posted wasn't directed at anyone in particular anyway.
I think your advise is just don't read it, which is okay, too.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1478635160|4095321 said:

I thought "stupid" was pretty self explanatory.

I'm fully aware of the fact that I am in cognitive decline. I can only be happy that my kids are much more intelligent than me.

I can't make this up! I was looking for early election results and this was one of the stories down at the bottom of the page. Celebrity Endorsement Tracker: http://graphics.latimes.com/celebrity-presidential-endorsements/

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HC you and I agree more than I think we would each like to admit. LOL.

DH and I have done the best we could with our sons and now it is up to them. The past 6 months we have been looking at property that is far from any large cities and in price ranges that we can afford to buy outright or owe very little. Planning a big greenhouse, place for my horses, live on the retirement, shoot my weasley guts out whenever I want, and going to town once a month. I am that tired of all of it. It will take careful planning but can be done.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478649714|4095492 said:

DH and I have done the best we could with our sons and now it is up to them. The past 6 months we have been looking at property that is far from any large cities and in price ranges that we can afford to buy outright or owe very little. Planning a big greenhouse, place for my horses, live on the retirement, shoot my weasley guts out whenever I want, and going to town once a month. I am that tired of all of it. It will take careful planning but can be done.

Want a land-roomie/investment partner? I have a green thumb, solid retirement plan, and my own arsenal. And we can timeshare bling! :naughty: :D

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
HC, we were talking politics. Your idea of stupid political views is likely different from mine.
In other ways, we probably agree often.

Red, good luck in your search for a new place.
Both of your sons serve in the military, right? That's means a great deal.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1478652248|4095500 said:
redwood66|1478649714|4095492 said:

DH and I have done the best we could with our sons and now it is up to them. The past 6 months we have been looking at property that is far from any large cities and in price ranges that we can arefford to buy outright or owe very little. Planning a big greenhouse, place for my horses, live on the retirement, shoot my weasley guts out whenever I want, and going to town once a month. I am that tired of all of it. It will take careful planning but can be done.

Want a land-roomie/investment partner? I have a green thumb, solid retirement plan, and my own arsenal. And we can timeshare bling! :naughty: :D

You know where I live. Could you handle it? LOl. You gotta bring your own ammo of course. The townies will be like "Ooh look at those 'ole ladies with all that bling!"

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1478652406|4095503 said:
HC, we were talking politics. Your idea of stupid political views is likely different from mine.
In other ways, we probably agree often.

Red, good luck in your search for a new place.
Both of your sons serve in the military, right? That's means a great deal.

Thanks Anna and yes they did. One is still in. Good smart young men both of them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't need Jay-Z either to vote for the non-Nazi candidate.

I don't even know who she or he is, this Jay-Z

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he is Beyonce's (another singer) husband who has filthy lyrics about women and the N word. Pretty sure he is a rapper.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1478653331|4095507 said:
You know where I live. Could you handle it? LOl. You gotta bring your own ammo of course. The townies will be like "Ooh look at those 'ole ladies with all that bling!"

You betcha! And of course I'd bring my own ammo ... all the better to protect our bling. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results