shape
carat
color
clarity

I don't get it... Why do some PSers change their screen name?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:confused: :confused:. Had you ever changed your screen name? If yes for what reason??

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because it was my first online forum registration and I didn’t realize how much I would enjoy it and stick around. My prior name was perhaps too identifiable to my real life for my comfort.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never changed mine. In fact, I used mine on another diamond forum for years. Many people do not realize it, but "AGBF" is an abbreviation for "A Girl's Best Friend". That, not AGBF, may have been my full user name on the other forum; I no longer remember. (I am assuming everyone knows the line from the song, "diamonds are a girl's best friend".

S

SallyB

I don’t know, but I like changing avatars :)

I haven’t changed my screen name (since I haven’t been on this forum for long) but I would assume people do it to maintain anonymity.

I had it happen over on a different forum where I was very active and used to post a lot that someone disagreed with something that I said and threatened me that they could find where I live. I had unknowingly over the years let slip enough information that they could piece together things about me. It scared the life out of me and I left the forum, but since then I have been much more careful on other forums to obfuscate details and not post pictures (even without my face) or identifying information, like location. It sometimes makes me feel a bit bad or inauthentic that I can’t fully participate but at the end of the day, this is the internet and you don’t know if the person on the other side reading your posts has any bad intentions. If I post on forums that allow me to delete previous posts I usually do so every few months, else I keep my privacy settings as high as I can and changing name is part of it.

Q

Queenie60

When I registered for PS I was not aware that my last name would be my user name, don't know how that happened as I am not too savvy with the internet. Anyway, after about one week, I asked the moderators to change my user name. Have no reason to change it ever again. Not sure why some change their name, especially after using it for quite sometime.???

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did. My first/current username was part of my email address so I decided to change it to butterfly17 bc I love butterflies and my favorite number is 17.
Later on I forgot my password and started a new profile with a similar username (butterfly-17), but it turns out you can only have one account on here. Somehow PS found out that I had two and asked me to delete one. I asked if they could merge both accounts but they said it wasn’t possible.
So I decided to stick with this account since it’s older.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just changed mine for the same reason above. I didn’t think I would stick around here so I used a user name that people identify me with in real life. I love everyone here so I stayed. I was getting increasingly uncomfortable that someone could search me out by that name.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I felt my previous name was too formal, at first I regretted the change but I like it now. It was also my real first AND middle name, a bit too close for comfort.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will always be AprilBaby because we get all the diamonds!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
My first handle on any board was SandyinMiami, because that's my name, that's where I lived and I liked the play on words. When I moved to Anaheim, I created SandyinAnaheim, but it's not as cute anymore. But I've never changed my handle anywhere.

I'm not the slightest bit worried someone is going to come stalk me....I would welcome someone participating in free target practice for me.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to but I don't know how!

I was obsessed with yellow diamonds when I joined but now I'm firmly a crazy green girl so my name doesn't make sense anymore.

But then people know me as that name so I'm reluctant to change

Q

Queenie60

My first handle on any board was SandyinMiami, because that's my name, that's where I lived and I liked the play on words. When I moved to Anaheim, I created SandyinAnaheim, but it's not as cute anymore. But I've never changed my handle anywhere.

I'm not the slightest bit worried someone is going to come stalk me....I would welcome someone participating in free target practice for me.

You change your Avitar! Very cute.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I want to but I don't know how!

I was obsessed with yellow diamonds when I joined but now I'm firmly a crazy green girl so my name doesn't make sense anymore.

But then people know me as that name so I'm reluctant to change

Omg, that's exactly how I feel about mine. I love garnets; I always will, but I'm not
necessarily only about them anymore. If anything I'm only obsessed
with green gems like emerald, malachite, & gemsilica these days.

What do you think? Should I change it to something more fitting or should
I stay forever as "TheGarnetGirl"???!?!?!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I registered for PS I was not aware that my last name would be my user name, don't know how that happened as I am not too savvy with the internet. Anyway, after about one week, I asked the moderators to change my user name. Have no reason to change it ever again. Not sure why some change their name, especially after using it for quite sometime.???

I had my first name quite a while before I changed it. DH saw it one night and was very concerned about privacy. I probably wouldn't have ever thought too much about it but I know he was right - lol, I will never admit that to him though!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, that's exactly how I feel about mine. I love garnets; I always will, but I'm not
necessarily only about them anymore. If anything I'm only obsessed
with green gems like emerald, malachite, & gemsilica these days.

What do you think? Should I change it to something more fitting or should
I stay forever as "TheGarnetGirl"???!?!?!

Hehe I'm contemplating something like "Mellowgreengirl" so that it's practically identical!

You could choose something really similar and then just change it as your tastes change! That's enough of a signature for it to be you.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hehe I'm contemplating something like "Mellowgreengirl" so that it's practically identical!

You could choose something really similar and then just change it as your tastes change! That's enough of a signature for it to be you.

"TheGreenGal" kinda has a ring to it eh?

lol I love how we both have switched to the green side!
Its just such a lush color! For me my favorite shade would be
a vivid rich bluish-green- my perfect shade would be the Zambian
dream emerald I bought that I named "ivy".
What's your favorite shade/tone of green?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"TheGreenGal" kinda has a ring to it eh?

lol I love how we both have switched to the green side!
Its just such a lush color! For me my favorite shade would be
a vivid rich bluish-green- my perfect shade would be the Zambian
dream emerald I bought that I named "ivy".
What's your favorite shade/tone of green?

OMG I could go on for days!

I'll answer tomorrow (with pictures!!!)

I had all these pics I wanted to take to answer you but had other chores crop up (how rude!!!! :lol-2:)

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I've never changed on PS but I have changed elsewhere. I mostly never bother as my screen names are usually all different and I don't go advertising my different names. But once I had two frightening incidents with separate people finding out my information because of the ability to see other peoples Facebook friends I shut that shit down and started sharing even less personal information. I never thought I would have an issue because I never tell people my actual name unless I really trust them and I rarely ever add friends to FB either. I rarely share my email either so I thought I was so safe. LOL to me I guess.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My screen name came from a woman that worked in a jewelry store I used to visit. She called me MissGotRocks so I used it when I registered on PS many, many years ago as it was something related to diamonds. My real name was already taken. Seems kind of silly now but whatever - no real reason to change it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results