shape
carat
color
clarity

I didn''t get the job :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I posted two weeks ago about an interview I was about to have with a law firm and finally found out today that I didn''t get the position.
15.gif
I''m so depressed I just want to cry. It''s not like I loved the firm or its practice areas, but I need a job so badly because I am absolutely broke and have been out of work now for 6 months.

I''m in a terrible job market and despite having several years of attorney experience in another state, I have been rejected by every firm I''ve sent my resume to and simply haven''t heard back on many other positions I''ve applied to. There are so few advertised attorney jobs in general, and I have been applying to countless other types of jobs that I am mostly overqualified for, and still nothing. I just feel worthless and wanted to vent
15.gif
Going to try to go for a run so I don''t sit around crying and moping the rest of the day. Thanks for listening.
8.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 2:55:22 PM
Author:MagsyMay
I posted two weeks ago about an interview I was about to have with a law firm and finally found out today that I didn''t get the position.
15.gif
I''m so depressed I just want to cry. It''s not like I loved the firm or its practice areas, but I need a job so badly because I am absolutely broke and have been out of work now for 6 months.

I''m in a terrible job market and despite having several years of attorney experience in another state, I have been rejected by every firm I''ve sent my resume to and simply haven''t heard back on many other positions I''ve applied to. There are so few advertised attorney jobs in general, and I have been applying to countless other types of jobs that I am mostly overqualified for, and still nothing. I just feel worthless and wanted to vent
15.gif
Going to try to go for a run so I don''t sit around crying and moping the rest of the day. Thanks for listening.
8.gif
I''m sorry Magsy. I got my hopes up for a job I really wanted and I didn''t get it. I know the feeling and it sucks!

I don''t have much to offer (other than ((Hugs))) but I will say, keep looking and keep putting yourself out there. It''s okay to be upset, but don''t let it get you depressed because that won''t help you. You have a lot to offer and that means you will find something.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry MM. Remind yourself, "the economy is awful, it''s not about you." Good luck finding something even better, or at least almost as good.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bia and Mayachel. The economy does suck but it''s hard to think it''s not my fault too, you know? It''s so easy to get so down on yourself in this process but I know I''m not the only one who feels this way. Thanks for the reminder!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
MM, have you been hitting all the local bar association events you can manage? If you're not aggressively networking, definitely try...especially right now when holiday parties and things are going on so it's a social atmosphere, and you can still introduce yourself as being new to the area, trying to meet people, etc. Not that it will directly or immediately lead to a job, but at least you'll get on people's radar and it's definitely worth a try if you haven't already.

Hugs to you, and good luck!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear. It''s definitely the economy, jobs are a scarce things these days.

Maybe you could use this time to expand your social networks in new ways? It could keep your mind off of things, and might just put you in touch with someone who could help with the job hunt. I''ve read that a decent percentage of jobs are never advertised in public.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results