shape
carat
color
clarity

I could sure use some dust - add me to the list!!

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
Have had ring number 2 for about a month now, apparently your tastes change when you hang around waiting too long while perusing PS! I've had a very patient and understanding boyfriend who I met about 5 years ago. We always kind of said "when we get married" and "someday when we have kids, or a dog, or this house..." but I suppose we started seriously discussing it about 3 years in, which led to ring number 1. Well we have a couple of dogs and we bought a house together and I have the perfect ring (providing I stay of PS and he gives me the damned thing before 2015, hahaha) just sitting in a safety deposit box, now all that's left is the waiting!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fayethful! Welcome to LIW! I understand the second engagement ring thing. My bf and I aren't even engaged yet and I'm on my third engagement ring! I think he wised up the third time and chose a non-refundable bezel setting. I'm also past the return period on my diamond. PS is a dangerous place for the indecisive and detail-oriented. ;-)

What does your ring look like?

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Hopefully your wait isn't too long.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! I will add you to the list when I update later this weekend. I know that antsy feeling when you had the ring and just waiting for the question so we are here for you! Hope your stay is short ::)

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies!! Yes, Sortmon PS can be a very dangerous place!!

The first ring is a 2 carat I VS2 BGD Blue in the Split Prong Chelsea - this was the first super-ideal RBC I've ever seen and it is an absolute stunner!!!

But shortly after ordering this ring, I discovered AVRs, which led me to OECs and I kind of fell in love. I purchased a 2.25 carat M SI1 OEC/trannie to compare it to my BGD Blue and I literally spent weeks with those two stones comparing the optics and I eventually decided to sell both and sort of combine the two stones in getting an original antique ring with a 2.77 carat J SI1 OEC with medium blue fluor :)

When I saw that ring, it eased all of the stress I had had about getting the right ring for me! Now I'm just waiting...and secretly planning my next project with BGD, their diamonds are seriously amazing!!

I look forward to a short and sweet stay with you wonderful LIW :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Fayethful! I hope your bf gets the ring out of the safe deposit box and proposes soon!

What are you thinking about for your next project?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love projects Fayethful! Yes, please share what you are working on!!! We all live vicariously through each other so it wouldn't be fair if you didn't share... :halo:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Fayethful, you sure know how to pick 'em!!! :love: Do you have any pics of the first ring or the OEC that you sold? One thing I've had to do is STOP LOOKING now that I have my ring. I'm totally in love with it, but PS is a dangerous place known to cause DSS, ring envy, and all sorts of other diamond maladies :-o :lol:

Here's hoping your stay is short and sweet...once we picked our stone and I knew it was being set I could barely sleep! ;))

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
As for future projects - I was thinking of starting out with a pair of BGD studs about 0.9 tcw J SI1, with the obvious plan of eventually upgrading to 3 tcw BGD Blue's, but shhhh, it's secret planning for now as I won't be purchasing them until I have a ring to match!

I also need a pendant at some point, I was thinking of an antique cushion or OMB in the L/M or O/P range in 14 K rose gold - but that is serious window shopping for now. Once I get the ring our new purchase will be a 2-2.5 mm french cut eternity for a wedding band.

As for photos of the two pieces I'm selling, they are on consignment at JBEG and were both just in the Sneak Peak this weekend.

I no longer find myself browsing for any sort of E-ring type stones as I know the ring we have now is "the one" and the boyfriend completely agrees, when we found it, we both just fell in love! But I sure do enjoy seeing all the photos over in SMTB for a nice pick me up since I can't yet look at my own ring, haha :)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I saw your rings in JbEG's Sneak Peak newsletter and they're stunning! You're such a lucky girl. I can't even imagine how wonderful your current ring must be. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results