shape
carat
color
clarity

I could really use some opinions!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
First and foremost... Hi guys!!
35.gif
I''m pretty new here, posting wise, and I could really use some unbiased opinions. So if you guys could spare a few moments to help a new girl out I would really appreciate it. Okay here goes. I have two bridesmaids dresses on my radar and I''m not sure which one to pick. To give you a very quick synopsis of our wedding, we''re getting married in Taormina, Italy in late September. It''s going to be pretty small and very intimate but still somewhat formal. I want something floor length and strapless for my girls so I picked these two options. One is black with a pop of color from the fushia bow. >Hereurl] the other is hot orange and fushia pink. [url="http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6556p/]">Hereurl] now i''m not a huge fan of bright colors but there''s something about the second dress, i just cannot stop thinking about it. my concern is that it''s not going to be formal enough. i really adore both dresses so i''m really at somewhat of an impasse. opinions? advice? thanks!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think the second dress is formal enough, particularly if you dress it up with formal shoes and jewelry. I think it's great.

ETA: Forgot to say welcome!
35.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 6:06:48 PM
Author: mscushion
I think the second dress is formal enough, particularly if you dress it up with formal shoes and jewelry. I think it''s great.

ETA: Forgot to say welcome!
35.gif

Ditto! I like the 2nd dress.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I really like the second one!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second! What does your dress look like?

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your opinions. Please keep them coming. The second one is beautiful and I''m glad you all like it as much as I do.

Freke, I''m at a similar impasse for my wedding dress. I actually haven''t chosen it yet but I have narrowed it down to about 3 to 5 dresses. There is one I like much more than the others and my FI thinks that''s the one. He says my eyes light up every time I see it. We will see. For reference though, this is the dress that makes me smile far more than any other dress I''ve seen. Mind you I have not gone dress shopping yet so it may look like crap on me.

Romona Keveza - 31277692.jpg

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Real quick, this is the runner up for my favorite. I wont bore anyone with the other options though.

Jim Hjelm -8763.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Could you show both dresses to your maid of honor or another bridesmaid and get her opinion? My honest opinion is that the first one is beautiful and simple/classic, but I don''t like the second at all. Because the dresses are so different, yet you like them both, I think it''s reasonable to use the bridesmaids'' opinions as the deciding factor, since they''re the ones who will be wearing the dress.

Your wedding dress choices are beautiful! Do you have pictures of them on you?

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Thank you jstar! Unfortunately I don''t have any photos of me in the dresses because I''ve yet to go dress shopping. I''m out of town at the moment but as soon I get back home I''m definitely hitting up that bridal shop. I''ve never wanted a vacation to end so quickly, haha. I must admit though, as I look at the two wedding dresses, practically next to one another, I''m starting to the like the second one a bit more. It''s more my style and taste. Ugh, this is why I cannot wait to try them on, it all may be a moot point if they don''t look good on me.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
fleurdelys, would you mind telling me who makes the first wedding dress? I''ve never seen it before and it''s beautiful.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the orange and pink dress a lot! I''m not sure which wedding dress I like better-they''re both beautiful!

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 9:51:20 PM
fleurdelys, would you mind telling me who makes the first wedding dress? I've never seen it before and it's beautiful.

Absolutely! The dress is by Romona Keveza.

Thank you packrat!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m not crazy about the second bridesmaid dress. I like the first one though. One thing that you may want to consider when picking out your bridesmaid dresses is the shape and sizes of your bridesmaids. I have a feeling that the second dress is going to be less flattering on women that aren''t models!

Both of the wedding dresses you picked out are beautiful. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oh, just in case my post was confusing...when I say I like the first and don''t like the second, I''m referring to the bridesmaid dresses. As for the wedding dresses, I think both are beautiful...very different styles, but both classic.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 10:00:35 PM
Author: fleur.de.lys.88
Date: 4/12/2009 9:51:20 PM
fleurdelys, would you mind telling me who makes the first wedding dress? I''ve never seen it before and it''s beautiful.
Absolutely! The dress is by Romona Keveza.
Thank you!

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for your opinions, I do appreciate it. I actually need to ask your opinion on something else now. What do you think of this gown >Here< ? Out of the three I posted which one do you like the best? Ugh, something tells me that it's going to be a long day at the bridal salon. I swear, I suck at making decisions when it comes to things like this.
20.gif

You're more than welcome mscushion.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, my opinion is colored by the fact that I absolutely can't stand pick-up skirts. So I'm gonna say that the Maggie pales in comparison to the Jim Helm or Romona Keveza.

But while you're looking at Maggie (who happens to be one of my FAVE wedding dress designers ever!), check these out:
Camille - similar to the Jim Hjelm
Kristalyn - similar to the Romona Keveza
Karena Royale - also similar to the Jim Hjelm

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 11:47:04 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Well, my opinion is colored by the fact that I absolutely can''t stand pick-up skirts. So I''m gonna say that the Maggie pales in comparison to the Jim Helm or Romona Keveza.

But while you''re looking at Maggie (who happens to be one of my FAVE wedding dress designers ever!), check these out:

Camille - similar to the Jim Hjelm

Kristalyn - similar to the Romona Keveza

Karena Royale - also similar to the Jim Hjelm

I would have to agree. I''m not a huge fan of pickup skirts either but I love the bodice on that third dress, so that''s what''s drawing me in. If I could get it in a sheath style I''d be all over that baby
2.gif
. Thanks for the links to the dresses jstar, I''ll check them out when I go shopping.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I happen to like the second bridesmaid dress, but agree that it may not be as flattering to women who aren''t models. I''d ask the bridesmaids as well. I LOVE the frist wedding dress you posted! So beautiful!

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
Thank you Kelli, I will definitely ask them. However it shouldn''t be an issue because all three of them are tall with nice figures, but we shall see. I wouldn''t want to put them in something they hated.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
I think the second one is beautiful, especially in Italy, in the sun.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both of the b-maid's dresses, but I especially like the second one.

However.... I don't think the second dress is the right dress to stand beside most of the w-dresses you've chosen. The ombre chiffon together with a dress that has a lot of lace is just too much, IMHO. If you have the time, you might want to wait until you have a better sense of what you'll be wearing before you choose a dress for your attendants. If not, the first b-maid's option strikes me as being more versatile and more likely to complement the more formal styles you're considering for your dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results