shape
carat
color
clarity

I can't decide!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year PS'ers!

I have a dilema-a good one, but a dilema non the less.

For the holidays I was given some cash to spend on jewelry. I have narrowed down my selection to, 2 pieces of jewelry that I am interested in spending said monies on. But, I just can't decide which direction to go and it is driving me crazy-I keep going back and forth between the 2.

Both pieces are rings. Both are Platinum. One Antique and one modern.

Both pieces are very different from each other! The first ring-the antique one-I love because it is unique, but it will need some work to make it wearable. I am in contact with Singlestone about refurbishing it-so I know in the end it will turn out great. The second is quit modern-straight lines and is my size, so won't need any work.

I am so confused, how on earth can I choose when I love them both!

Any suggestions other than flipping a coin?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Got any photos??? :naughty:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Sorry-no photos, too many lurkers ;)) I would hate either to get away before I make my final decision! And the way I am going, both will be gone before I do decide :rodent:

I will say the modern ring has more carat wt. than the antique ring. The modern piece is also a designer piece and I do not know any history on the antique piece. Also, I could wear a band with the modern piece and not the antique piece. Such a tough decision, one nobody in my real life understands-that is why I turned to the PSers for some wonderful advice :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting the feeling that the one you love the most is the antique one. Go for that. Antique rings that you love are a bit more rare,
a modern one you like will be easier to find down the road.

What is the thing you want the most, antique uniqueness, or larger size?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I am definitely leaning towards the antique piece-it is a little more unique than the other ring. I am worried slightly about the scale of the antique ring, since I wear a size 7 and the spread of the top of the ring is 14mm. My finger is 18mm wide on top, so would give OK finger coverage, but the delicateness of the ring may be lost on my big finger!!! Time will tell I guess :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote antique!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I decided :appl:

It took alot of going back and forth, but now the that choice has been made I feel alittle better about it! Won't be fully relaxed until I can see the ring in person, but at least I won't worry about it being sold before I made my decision!!! Will post pics when I can :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to seeing which one you chose! I was going to advise going for the antique ring. :))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stepcutnut|1325786767|3095801 said:
I decided :appl:

It took alot of going back and forth, but now the that choice has been made I feel alittle better about it! Won't be fully relaxed until I can see the ring in person, but at least I won't worry about it being sold before I made my decision!!! Will post pics when I can :)
since you pulled the trigger can you post a pic? can't wait to see it!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Here she is, I can't wait to see her! I am hoping the ring will be lovely---It is from the early 20's and handmade :)

vintage flower ring3.png

vintage flower ring2.png

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh!!!! Very cool ring, Stepcutnut!!!!

Can't wait to see hand shots - please post as soon as you get that gorgeous antique on your finger!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I am excited to see it in person! It is somewhat concave on top, so I am hoping that it will be super sparkly!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

yay! I cannot wait to handshots! YAY!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm so glad you went with the antique! Once she gets all cleaned up, she's gonna sparkle like MAD! :love: :appl: :love:

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it will be done tomorrow! The shank is now replaced and she should be all polished up!!! YAY :appl: I can't wait!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
"tomorrow, tomorrow... I love you TOMORROW... you're only a day away"! Little Orphan Annie and I are very excited to see it! Post lots more photos, promise???

Exciting, stepcutnut!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Should be delivered today :appl: I am super excited and can't wait to see it in person!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stepcutnut|1326911049|3105976 said:
Should be delivered today :appl: I am super excited and can't wait to see it in person!

yay!!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
She's here! I really love it, very delicate!!!

I will work on a couple of pics today :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
can't wait to see handshots!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results