shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought my dress!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
A few weeks ago I fell in love with the Melissa Sweet "fern" and was sooooo bummed that is was way out of my price range...
Well, after going back in to the bridal salon a few times to *visit* the dress, I asked the owner if she ever holds sample sales and what the discount is. She then told me that she would sell me that dress for 50% off and I could have it whenever I wanted!!!!! The sample fits really well, just a bit taken in at the waist, and the hem taken up a tiny bit, and it is in great shape!
I bought it today! Here are some pics for you guys.
ps. I think I am going to have the crinolen thing removed so it lays a little more straight like the pics on the MS website. AND pay no attention to the veil!

1and2.jpg

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Wow what a beautiful dress! And you are so lucky to get such a great deal! See, it never hurts to ask for a discount - I even got a discount on my "sample" dress!

Congrats on getting the dress of your dreams!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love it!! And what a great deal!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SAVVY SHOPPING! And a lovely gown. It really flatters your figure and the fabric makes a person want to reach out and touch it. Congrats!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding THE dress and finding a way to be able to afford it! You look amazing!
36.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Yay! thanks guys. I am so happy with my dress! Now, if I could decide on a place we''d be set!
emteeth.gif
I might have done things a little out of order, but I was afraid if I waited too long that my "sample" dress would be ruined by other brides trying it on.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HappyinLove, it''s BEAUTIFUL! I love the teeny pleats and the fabric looks so ethereal...you have such a fabulous figure and you look gorgeous in that dress, except your face is missing, lol! Great choice, wear it in good health. Best wishes for a bright and happy future!!!
36.gif
35.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Happy, your dress is beautiful! Its so delicate and romantic!! and what a great deal!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 8:41:07 PM
Author:happy in love
A few weeks ago I fell in love with the Melissa Sweet ''fern'' and was sooooo bummed that is was way out of my price range...
Well, after going back in to the bridal salon a few times to *visit* the dress, I asked the owner if she ever holds sample sales and what the discount is. She then told me that she would sell me that dress for 50% off and I could have it whenever I wanted!!!!! The sample fits really well, just a bit taken in at the waist, and the hem taken up a tiny bit, and it is in great shape!
ps. I think I am going to have the crinolen thing removed so it lays a little more straight like the pics on the MS website. AND pay no attention to the veil!
WOWWW!! You are going to be drop-dead gorgeous! I''m so jealous -- I want your figure!

nybride

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 8:41:07 PM
Author:happy in love
A few weeks ago I fell in love with the Melissa Sweet ''fern'' and was sooooo bummed that is was way out of my price range...
I love this gown. I looked everywhere for it and the only place I found it was online through Melissa Sweet website. I think the pics are allot better then what Melissa''s website offers me. I was wondering about the skirt part of the gown. It looks like a solid gown but then again it looks like it is in seaprates. Do oyu have any more pictures of your gown?

I think this is a wonderful gown for you, I hope I look just as amazing as you do in it. Please post more pics if you have anymore. I want to see all the details. Whoo hoooo Now I am kind of more excited about paying that much and not getting to try it on.
35.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you! Your dress is beautiful, I love Melissa Sweet gowns and I can''t believe what a deal you got!

You and Harleigh are making me feel so ashamed for not being more bargain savvy when I bought my dress!

Seriously, though, that is one gorgeous dress and it looks beautiful on you.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It looks stunning on you! Congratulations on finding a dress you love!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I agree...it is lovely. I think it has a vintage appeal with modern influences and it looks so great on your figure!! Yeah!!

DKS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results