shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought my dress today!!

A

Anonymous

I went w/FMIL and my 7 year old daughter to my 3rd and final dress appointments today. We went to Alfred Angelo first, which was overwhelmingly "eh". After that we went to David's Bridal where we had a really great experience. :bigsmile: Somehow we lucked out and I got the same (fabulous) consultant that I had last time. We picked about 8 dresses to try on. There were three "maybe", but in the end the dress that I had fallen in love with last time was still very much "the one". After trying on 5 dresses at AA and 7 at DB, the last one at DB was "the one" that I'd saved for last. I cried (again). It fits PERFECTLY - no hem, nothing needs to be taken in. All I need is a bustle done, woohoo!

I also picked up my undergarments, shoes and headpiece. All I need now is the veil. I did some "special reserve" thing where I put as much as I wanted down today (at least 25%, but I did almost the total). I have to pay the rest within the next 60 days, then they'll order the dress (guaranteed not to discontinue and be SOL). So I was able to push back having to store it for at least 3 months. That gives me a good cushion of 3-4 months for alterations and any unexpected snags.

It's still sort of surreal, even though I know that's silly to say at this point. I'm so glad to have that settled and know that I'm getting a dress that I absolutely LOVE! ::)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Glad you found a wonderful dress! Any pictures, or do you have the style number? I can't wait to see it.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I loved that dress and I loved it on you! SO happy it worked out!!! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! any pictures?

A

Anonymous

Thanks! :) Yep, I'll post one as soon as I get them from FMIL's camera :D

A

Anonymous

A picture, as promised! The little girl is my 8 year old daughter. I LOVE my dress!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Ignore my face... :rolleyes:

DSC01939_resized.JPG

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Whoooo hooooo.

And extra special congrats on zero alterations (except the bustle)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1291066883|2782044 said:
A picture, as promised! The little girl is my 8 year old daughter. I LOVE my dress!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Ignore my face... :rolleyes:

love it. btw your daughter is adorable.

Congrats! The dress fits you wonderfully! What a great feeling to have found "the one."

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is lovely! I really like the sleeves (if that's what you call them) :appl:

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats on finding it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww you look beautiful in your dress tammy ::)

Congrats!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that looks so gorgeous on you Tammy, just perfect!! And your daughter is beautiful!

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!!!

And it just happens that my daughter picked the same bridesmaid's dresses in the adult style (strapless)! Our 15 yr. old daughter will be maid-of-honor and she reminds me of your daughter a little because she is Asian (adopted from China). Is that color Oasis? I call it teal, but I think it is a beautiful color in person!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress looks great on you! I really like the straps on it too, so elegant!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dress looks beautiful on you...I really like the neckline and the beautiful lace on the shoulders!

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure what the name of the color is, but it looked like teal to me too. We're going with a rose color for her dress, but that's the one that they had in stock at the time in her size. I love the color, it just won't go with the MoH dress. :(

It's been a tough week, I'm really glad that I was able to get my dress when I did. Thanks again all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results