I bought flu type A back with me from NYC

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Hope you guys get well soon.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for you! I hope you recover quickly. If I got the flu I'd end up staying in the hospital, so I guess this is my cue to hunker down for the winter.

Yes, hunker down!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry whitewave, the chills and fever are horrible but the coughing was really bad, it took me months to get rid of the cough when I got the flu, then I had post flu dizziness, this was in '99 New Years even going into 2000 which I slept into and woke up once and saw a ball go down in Vegas, my mom died on 1/8/00 and I was too sick to go to FL immediately to be there for my Dad, one thing I cannot stress enough is how fast it comes on, I had been sick all fall with some gastro thing and coughing, it started to clear up early December and I was walking thru the grocery store with a cart and all of a sudden I got a terrible headache, coughing and I was hotternhell and barely got to my car and made it home and that was it, that quick of time, within an hour I was sicker than I'd ever been in my adult life at that time. Sending healilng vibes for the hubster and sending good vibes the kids won't get it.

Oh wow, that was a lot to deal with, so sorry you had all of that on your plate.

And yes, it was fast. I went down quickly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Idk if he can but he said he doesn’t want anyone coming over, so I’m pushing fluids on him. He is so busy this month and has so many surgeries to do that he really can’t afford to miss work— lotta cancer surgeries etc. IDk what is happening there. He is in my daughter’s bed and I’m in our bed with the dogs. We figure this way our coughing won’t wake each other up and I’m passed the chills and he is in the middle of the chills.

I forgot how bad the flu is.

That’s a good idea to keep as separated as you can to get rest. I’m terrified of the flu...I can remember having it as clear as day..and like I said it was around twenty years ago. I didn’t take a bath for three or four days..I looked like the swamp thing in a scary movie..I hope you both get rid of this soon. How’s your son? I hope he doesn’t get it..

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a good idea to keep as separated as you can to get rest. I’m terrified of the flu...I can remember having it as clear as day..and like I said it was around twenty years ago. I didn’t take a bath for three or four days..I looked like the swamp thing in a scary movie..I hope you both get rid of this soon. How’s your son? I hope he doesn’t get it..

He is fine so far. I told him to call me the minute he feels bad so he can get on tamiflu (we were all on it in 2009 for swine flu and we all do ok on it).

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
The flu is so awful. I’ve had it at least 6 times in my life. Waaaaay worse than childbirth. H1N1 just about ended me. Glad you have good people helping out, and are doing all you can. My heart goes out to you both!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl, I was downing Sambucol for a few days before the trip and then starting again on Sunday night. Maybe that is why I’m doing better faster??

Anyway... BTDT and thanks for the suggestion. My daughter is coming home today or tomorrow so I told her to bring Clorox spray and I’ll put her on Sambucol
at the beginning of the winter i have a hot lemon ginger honey drink with a generous slurp of rum
last year i was boarding with tea totlers and got so sick with a hidouse virus that i briught home to the OH that kept me off work for 3 weeks
its being around people that does it

this winter with not working neither of us got anything all winter

i hope by our winter they have the flu jab formulated right

i hole your hubby starts to get better soon, and you too

elderflower is certainky delicouse
tastes quite good with a lighter rum !

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love lemon ginger tear with local honey and have had a lot of that. I didn’t think to make it a hot toddy lol. Good idea.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry whitewave! I hope you both feel better soon. I am so wary of doing pretty much anything during flu season. I hope this never happens to you again. One and done.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry whitewave! I hope you both feel better soon. I am so wary of doing pretty much anything during flu season. I hope this never happens to you again. One and done.

I had a vog mask with me but didn’t think to wear it on the plane.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers outgoing for a quick recovery!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness we can't let you go anywhere!! :shock:
LOL on a more serious note please take care. There's LOTS of people down here sick (Lots are coming from the NE) I'm on my way out of FL to visit my folks so need to def. stay healthy. I already have tamaflu on hand.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we should be able to have tamiflu ahead. Like just walk into a pharmacy and get it.

I had never heard of a vog mask. I need to get one too.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave continued healing vibes being sent your way and of course the all healing chicken soup. Hope you and your dh wake this morning feeling so much better. (((Hugs))).

chickensoup.gif

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave continued healing vibes being sent your way and of course the all healing chicken soup. Hope you and your dh wake this morning feeling so much better. (((Hugs))).

chickensoup.gif

Oooh, that oooks good. My son woke up with sore throat and cough so he just took his first dose of tamiflu.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results