shape
carat
color
clarity

I am torn between these 2 stones... help please!!!

speedstickman

Rough_Rock
I think I'm in the right place, im desperate need of some guidance.

After weeks and weeks of research and going through so many stones, I finally narrowed it down to 2 ... but I am having paralysis by analysis. Would love to get some feedback... Which out of these 2 would you pick?

The price difference is negligent. One of them is bigger (1.61) but has a flaw in the center, I am not sure how visible it would be in real life situations... the other one is a bit smaller (1.51) but looks it's super clean. They both have some Fluorescence (one faint and one medium) , which I heard it helps lower color grades appear whiter (they are both J) . Does that mean the medium fluorescent one will appear whiter than the faint one?

The 1.51 has a. HCA score of 2.5 ( J / Faint Fluor / VVS2)
The 1.61 has an HCA score of 1.8 (J / Medium Flour / VVS2)

I circled the flaw on the bigger stone

Thanks in advance for any input! Feeling super torn!

free-user

Rough_Rock
I would pass on both. But the first one maybe worth a look. Do you have to have very high clarity? Vvs clarity i would not even worry about "flaw".

Regarding fluro and lowe color grades...it can help make them appear "whiter" its very subjective. Not always and in fact cause haziness. What is your budget and critieria?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the GIA for the second stone? Post, please.

Faint to med Flurosense is usually not an issue. Doesnt really help or hurt. Its the Strong or Very Strong that may help or hurt. We've only seen it
hurt(oily/hazy) on rare occasions.

speedstickman

Rough_Rock
I would pass on both. But the first one maybe worth a look. Do you have to have very high clarity? Vvs clarity i would not even worry about "flaw".

Regarding fluro and lowe color grades...it can help make them appear "whiter" its very subjective. Not always and in fact cause haziness. What is your budget and critieria?

Hi thanks for the reply. I dont have to have such high clarity, I was initially looking for VS2, but everything I found in this range was either about the same price or more expensive.

speedstickman

Rough_Rock
Do you have the GIA for the second stone? Post, please.

Faint to med Flurosense is usually not an issue. Doesnt really help or hurt. Its the Strong or Very Strong that may help or hurt. We've only seen it
hurt(oily/hazy) on rare occasions.

Thanks for the reply. The 2nd stone GIA was uploaded in the same link, should be the 2nd picture.

speedstickman

Rough_Rock

My budget is between 7000-8000.
Criteria: 1.5ct / J / VS 2 / GIA xxx
Will go on a yellow gold setting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results