shape
carat
color
clarity

I am thinking about having some plastic surgery should I???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Lets start when I was a very stupid teenager, my friends and I where playing around with fire. Well let’s just simply say that I got a glorious back draft of fire in my face. My vision in my left eye was damaged and I had scarring also on that side of my face. They where only 1st and 2 second degree burns and didn’t really hurt that much. However my eyelashes eyebrows and part of my hair went bye-bye. I had some plastic surgery to correct the scarring on the side of my face, only a one inch patch of scarring remains and can be covered by make-up. However my eyebrows never really came back in, I had eyebrow tattooing done to make me feel less hideous. However I still am very self conscious about them. I recently read about hair transplant for the face and am wondering about maybe talking to my doctor about them. Has anyone heard anything about these transplants???
Here is my Halloween pic as you can see on eyebrows. I am not wanting to be drop dead gorgeous, just normal.
What should I do??

arratrae.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be willing to donate my rapidly increasing supply of errant chin hairs to your cause!
3.gif
You look darling in your photo ... and your brows look very natural to me. I just heard about this transplant procedure in the last week or so .. its fascinating. Wonder if Whoopi will do it? Is it very, very new ... you might wanna wait a bit before jumping in if its super new?

Eyebrows are funny ... back in the Brooke Shields days bushy was "in" ... and then ultra thin was in ... and in some areas NONE was in ...and now mid-bushy seems to be back ... but a lot of people plucked them down to nothing back in the thin days so you''re not alone! It''s hard to be a girl!!

But, again .. you''re BEAUTIFUL so no hurry if at all ... yanno?
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh I think you look great. From your pic, I see nothing but a beautiful face.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 12:34:06 AM
Author: Kaleigh
1.gif
Ditto. I saw your pic tonight in the kid''s costume thread first and thought, "Gosh, that is very pretty lady!"

No need aesthetically.
1.gif
If it makes you feel better though, that''s always a good reason.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard about them, and I believe (if I remember right - it was a few years ago) they worked. The only thing is..the transplants I think don''t grow like normal eyebrows..they look like normal eyebrows, but I think you have to like trim them since they grow longer than normal eyebrows if you don''t. Does that make sense? You''ll have to ask a plastic surgeon for clarity on that one, I could be remembering that wrong. Anyway, I think you''re beautiful! So it''s up to you.
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, I looked at your picture BEFORE reading your post. I never would have known that you had any scarring. your eyebrows look so natural, and you have such a good complextion. Your overall bone structure is beautiful, and I love your eyes. If the eyebrows really bother you that much, then look into that, but I wouldn''t do anything else to be honest. You are beautiful!!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 12:49:08 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 11/1/2008 12:34:06 AM

Author: Kaleigh

1.gif

Ditto. I saw your pic tonight in the kid's costume thread first and thought, 'Gosh, that is very pretty lady!'

No need aesthetically.
1.gif
If it makes you feel better though, that's always a good reason.

Thritto, you have a beautiful face however as a person who has a whacked out eyebrows one is my mothers and is normal and one is my dad's and it grows weird I can understand the want to change them. Getting my brows waxed is a nightmare and making them look even is even or the same thickness is worse. I have been waiting for something like this my whole life I constantly check out other peoples eyebrows sad but true I would love thick bushy eyebrows that could be sculpted nicely.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting them done to me it is no different to getting braces to fix crooked teeth if it something that would give you more confidence and feel better about yourself that is a good enough reason, I would personally just research the beejeebars out of it first.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

I would make inquires into it. Honestly, not because you need it, but because it bothers you. From what I hear, this is not majoy plastic surgery so there aren''t many of the risks associated with it. There''s nothing wrong with making some inquires. And I am a major believer that if something aesthetically bothers you about your body or face (and it''s not some sort of pyshological+obsession) and it''s reasonable procedure without being too risky, you should go for it. And it''s something that has bothered you for a long time, so you know that it''s not a whim. Good luck with your decision.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about hair transplantation, but you have a beautiful face!

Do what you feel to make yourself happy.

I think you are LOVELY!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 3:16:55 PM
Author: coatimundi
I don''t know anything about hair transplantation, but you have a beautiful face!

I think you are LOVELY!
Ditto! You are lovely and certainly do not need it. If it makes you feel better it is worth some more investigation. Good luck!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 4:26:41 PM
Author: Miranda
Date: 11/1/2008 3:16:55 PM

Author: coatimundi

I think you are LOVELY!
Ditto! You are lovely and certainly do not need it. If it makes you feel better it is worth some more investigation. Good luck!

Tritto.

You look gorgeous. You don''t NEED it.

But if it''ll make you happy, then go for it (after extensive research of course).

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know the proper term, but I think I''m up to "octitto"!

I saw the pic before I read your post and I would never have guessed that you ever suffered an injury. You have a beautiful face with GREAT structure. If it makes you happy and eases your mind, go for it! But, please, don''t feel "hideous" in any way!!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
I am going to investigate the procedure a lot more. I am not one who over thinks my looks (often I go out with no make up). My husband really doesn’t want me to have any surgery to correct it, he says I look fine. For being nearly 30 and not a wrinkle in site maybe I should learn to love myself more.
Thank heaven I had a really good plastic surgeon that did correct my scarring, I have a gouge like scar by my left eye that refused to go away.
39.gif
The only time my scarring is really visible is if I get a tan.
Again thanks for your kind words.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Macie, you are honestly very pretty, but I can certainly understand the eyebrow frustration, I have a large scar that runs up the middle of my left eyebrow on which no hair grows, I have been filling it with a pencil every day since my teens. It looks ok when I have makeup on but I am very self conscious without makeup, if I could change one thing about my face this would be it. I think you need to see the experts and talk over the options, then you can make an informed decision. Best of luck.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
no way!!!

you are totally gorg!!! i don''t even see any scarring.

if you can cover it with makeup, i say don''t worry about it. you are being waaaaay to hard on your lovely self.

1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that you already have a gorgeous face - you don''t need to change a thing!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I think it all depends on whether you feel like that particular change would make you feel more confident. My mother got in a really nasty bike wreck as a kid and underwent many years of plastic surgery to restore her face (she slid down a hill on gravel, so an eyelid and her top lip were barely connected). The surgeries were rough, and throughout all of it, she was incredibly self-conscious; sometimes that lack of confidence can be really hard to shake, and even though Mom had a great surgeon and I can see no trace of all the skin grafts, etc. she had done, she''s still very self-conscious about it and notices scars that nobody else sees. My whole point in the whole long story I just told you is this: are you insecure specifically about the eyebrows and having them altered would genuinely make you feel better, or are you self-conscious as a pattern or a leftover habit or whatever because you had scarring, had to have surgery, etc? If the insecurity is kind of a set in thing (I hope you''re following what I mean here and not getting confused!), the bushiest hairiest eyebrows in the free world will only make you feel better temporarily, but if it''s really just that the brows bother you, I say go for it. I must also add my agreement with everyone else, though--you''re absolutely stunning the way you already are!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely not. why risk problems when you''re already drop dead gorgeous!? however, if you insist on doing it i, too, have some chin hair to donate to the project!

seriously, don''t do it.

movie zombie

cara

Ideal_Rock
I second allycat here, look into it and see what your options are. Would you prefer having to trim transplanted eyebrow hairs to your current state? It is possible to transplant hairs that grow to the right eyebrow length on their own? Risks? Like she said, its not cause you NEED it, but because its an area you are self conscious about that may be easily fixable.

But you do look darling with your tattooed eyebrows.

My story... there was a sweet woman who was a pastor for her church serving as the counselor at a camp I worked at. She was a bit older than most of the other "kids" serving as staff, and she had no eyebrow hairs. One day one of the other staff asked her why she had no eyebrows - in a fairly public, nosy way - and she replied, "Because I have OCD. I pluck them all out and draw them back in." Not what the nosy one was expecting! Anyway, she looked fine and you do to, but if it bothers you and can be fixed reasonably (safely, $$), go for it.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
No, no, no! You are adorable as is!

edited to add, you have a fabulous nose!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
emotion-40.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 11:58:50 PM
Author:Macie

Lets start when I was a very stupid teenager, my friends and I where playing around with fire. Well let’s just simply say that I got a glorious back draft of fire in my face. My vision in my left eye was damaged and I had scarring also on that side of my face. They where only 1st and 2 second degree burns and didn’t really hurt that much. However my eyelashes eyebrows and part of my hair went bye-bye. I had some plastic surgery to correct the scarring on the side of my face, only a one inch patch of scarring remains and can be covered by make-up. However my eyebrows never really came back in, I had eyebrow tattooing done to make me feel less hideous. However I still am very self conscious about them. I recently read about hair transplant for the face and am wondering about maybe talking to my doctor about them. Has anyone heard anything about these transplants???
Here is my Halloween pic as you can see on eyebrows. I am not wanting to be drop dead gorgeous, just normal.
What should I do??
Do..what makes you feel good!

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
Well, let me say first... I think you're beautiful. Really. And I think your eyebrow shape and color looks very natural.

My suggestion is to find some cosmetic surgeons in your area and find out if they do free consultations. Most do. Talk a few of them about it.

Trust me, it really helps. I was considering breast implants a few years ago, and had some free consultations. The doctors were all very blunt and honest. They asked a lot of questions I hadn't thought about, and a lot that I had thought about, but that when I answered them aloud... I realized I didn't have very good answers to.

At the end, they'll be honest with you about whether they think it's the right choice for you, or if it will give you the results you want. Then you can make an educated decision. I know there is a lot of distrust with doctors, and people think they're only after your money. But after four plastic surgeons, (and realize we were talking a pricey procedure) all of them told me honestly that they didn't think it was the right choice. So talk it out, and they'll let you know what their professional opinion is.

Good luck, whatever your decision. :3

frillylace

Rough_Rock
I have never heard of this kind of thing being done before! Do yourself some good and research it a lot before you decide. Also find a doctor who has done it before and knows what to expect. Other thoughts (forgive me if someone else said something along these lines):

--You have permanent tattoos. Will these transplants affect the tattoo? Will the tattoo end up spotty if they are transplanting skin without pigment to that area (I have no idea how this is done so it would be one of my first questions). Will the tattoo end up showing in some places but not others or will it become uneven.

--What other scarring events could occur as a side affect?

--If this is very new in the plastic surgery world, how likely are you going to find someone experienced in it?

Now, I personally think you are gorgeous as is and I grew up with two people who had to draw their eyebrows in. One had such fair hair that her brows didn''t look like they existed. So she drew them in. The other shaved hers off every day and drew the same style. I bet she would have loved brow tattoos had she known about them. Both individuals looked gorgeous and I had no idea they drew them in until I was told and looked closer.

However, I fully understand what it is like to be self conscious of something that others may or may not notice. I may be seeing a plastic surgeon myself for something that also happened due to an accident. Other people say it''s fine but I notice the scars and I want them removed.

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
Someone feel free to correct me if I''m wrong about this.

I think eyebrow transplants are done the same way eyelash transplants are done (again, correct me if I''m wrong.) They take a very small strip from your scalp (underneath near the neck) and remove the hair follicles from the sample one-by-one, carefully planting them where they belong. They don''t transplant the skin, though.

This brings up another question you should ask, if this is the case: are you willing to spend the time for upkeep? Because the hair transplanted is the hair from your scalp, it will grow like that hair does. It will require regular trimming, because the transplanted hair literally has the potential to grow as long as the hair on your head does. I read the journal of a severe burn victim, though, who received the eyelash transplant, and she was absolutely thrilled with the results and didn''t mind the upkeep.

Just remember, whatever your decision, you''ll be beautiful. :3

frillylace

Rough_Rock
That is really interesting information! I think that if it was safe and only the hair would be transplanted I might do it. The upkeep couldnt be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results